Waiting for late Nov/Dec Southwest tickets?

Originally posted by 3DisneyNUTS
well I got $74 going down but $129 coming back up. Still not too bad in my book but I missed when they came out so I missed the $74 for going home! Oh well. I am still psyched.
Steph

You may not have missed it - they may just not have been there ever.

Keep checking every Tuesday morning - they may go down and you can rebook.

Sorcha

I can't believe after that long wait between schedule releases that they didn't release through the end of the year! We were counting on Christmas opening up.... :( So, how long will we have to wait now as seats start to fill up on other airlines in the hope that SW will offer better deals?

Originally posted by Geoff_M
Way way back many centuries ago, not long after the bible began

Hey another Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat fan!!

...Joseph lived in the land of Canaan...

My kids love the "colors" song "red, and yellow, and green, and brown, scarlett, black, ochre, peach, ruby lemon"

I was sooooo excited to see December come up, but then I figured out only through Dec 11th..bummer. But I'm very happy for everybody that got there flights this morning.

I need Dec 27th and Jan 2nd, anybody have a good guess as to when those time will open up? Also what time did Southwest release the new fares. When I checked at 7:30 Central, they were already there.

sorchamac,

Our oldest two kids were in the show locally, and I worked on crew, two years ago. That's a fun show to do and my daughter can still whip off all 26 colors.

Originally posted by BarbOKW
I was sooooo excited to see December come up, but then I figured out only through Dec 11th..bummer. But I'm very happy for everybody that got there flights this morning.

I need Dec 27th and Jan 2nd, anybody have a good guess as to when those time will open up? Also what time did Southwest release the new fares. When I checked at 7:30 Central, they were already there.

Someone else said they checked at 5:30 am ET and they weren't there. My friend called at 7 am and they were up. So I'm guessing sometime between 5:30 and 7 . And I slept late today! Bad girl, bad bad. But, on the other hand, my outbound flight is Sat of Thanksgiving weekend, so chances are there may never have been any cheaper flights for my flight that day . I called the CS number to ask them if they always offer at least some $79 seats on every flight. She said that during a holiday time they may offer very limited number or none at all at the lowest fare rate on certain flights. It also depends on the particular size of the plane and how many seats are available total.

Oh well - my $202 RT rate is still much better than I'm getting with any other airline. Maybe they'll run a sale and I'll be able to get that price down some!

Sorcha

We just purchased our trip down for 5 people 388.50. One way Providence/Orlando. Our return flight is beyond the booking schedule so I will deal with that later. Still $69 each one way is awesome for December!

Sorcha, same with us -- we were going to fly out of Hartford, and by the time I got online, all of the cheapest fares for the flight down on Sat., 11/27, were GONE! I really can't believe it. I have to say I am so disappointed. I had psyched myself up for a real, dirt cheap fare. Now I'm thinking how ridiculous it was to have had to check multiple times per day for over a month, then try to "catch" their fares just as they open up (literally within an hour or two, apparently!) to get the lowest fare.

We actually wound up choosing flights out of Providence instead (which is a little closer and the flight times were just slightly better) for a $30 less overall (for the 3 of us, not each) because the return fare was $69 instead of $79, but I am so disappointed to have paid $140 for the flight down. I wonder if they even had any of the Internet Special fares to begin with, considering it was Thanksgiving weekend? Or did everyone really scoop them up at 6:30 a.m.?

To add insult to injury, right after I bit the bullet (I just wanted the whole air purchase over with!) and hit the "purchase" button, my husband tells me Song (which was really expensive out of Hartford!) was dirt cheap out of Boston -- I could've selected that for $200 less total, and gotten an airport limo paid for in that amount. I am really bummed, but oh well, I guess I have my flights in hand so I should stop ranting.

What do you think the chances are that the outbound flight will go down in price?

I am just going to wait (still waiting) until the prices come down. If not, I have no problem driving (I HATE to fly). I too am flying out of BDL to MCO and Sat prices are high, so i'll just wait. :bored:

I am thrilled for everyone who was able to book their flights...

We're not leaving until Dec 17th, so.... no tickets for us!!:rolleyes:

I am soooooo aggravated. We have been waiting all this time for our return flights on 10/30 (who the heck decided to end a schedule on 10/29 - a Friday and not even at the end of the month!!!). Well I had 2 meetings this morning and could not go online until late am. Nothing available at the lower prices except the very early am...$149 price range was the lowest available.

So we're flying home on Song. Flights were $139, but at least we can come home at 5:30 and have the day there.

Well, I finally woke up enough to book my flights out of MHT to MCO. Leaving on Tues. and coming home on Sat. I was able to get $205.20 RT/NS.

There doesn't seem to be as many NS flights in the mornings out of MHT as there were this past spring.

I will keep checking to see if they reduce their prices. I can use the credit for next April. :)

Of course they released the dates on the one day I didn't have access to a computer!! By the time I got online, I couldn't get the itinerary I needed for my return date from MCO so I booked Tampa instead. I got all four RT NS tix for $712 though, which saved me about $70 from what I could get through Airtran!! - I've flown into Tampa & driven into Orlando before so it's not that big of a deal... Now to find a decent hotel in Tampa for the first night!
I feel MUCH better that there is one more thing DONE!
Christine

Originally posted by drgnfly30
Of course they released the dates on the one day I didn't have access to a computer!! By the time I got online, I couldn't get the itinerary I needed for my return date from MCO so I booked Tampa instead. I got all four RT NS tix for $712 though, which saved me about $70 from what I could get through Airtran!! - I've flown into Tampa & driven into Orlando before so it's not that big of a deal... Now to find a decent hotel in Tampa for the first night!
I feel MUCH better that there is one more thing DONE!
Christine

Yeah me too. But from what others on the threade are saying rates may go down. They may have not been available so we still have to keep checking...ugh LOL. Hopefully mine will go down a little :)

Southwest finally lost my business. I too had been waiting for SW to come out with their November fares, and a few hours after they came out with them all of the inexpensive seats (flying at decent times of the day) were sold out! So I went with Delta Express and got round trip tickets from Providence to Orlando for $186. per person. If Southwest continues to frustrate their customers with not enough value priced seats they will loose business to other airlines. BUH-BYE :wave2:

Woo Hoo!!!

Booked our flights on Saturday night.

11/5/04 PVD - MCO direct flight $49.00 (leaving PVD 8:00 pm and arriving in MCO 12:20 am) not the best flight but the least expensive - I am not complaining at all!!

11/16/04 MCO - PVD non-stop flight $49.00 awesome flight time leaving MCO at 5:55 pm and arriving in PVD at 8:35 pm!!

I am sooo glad we held out for SWA!!

Lisa

Originally posted by RIDISNEYLOVERS
Woo Hoo!!!

Booked our flights on Saturday night.

11/5/04 PVD - MCO direct flight $49.00 (leaving PVD 8:00 pm and arriving in MCO 12:20 am) not the best flight but the least expensive - I am not complaining at all!!

11/16/04 MCO - PVD non-stop flight $49.00 awesome flight time leaving MCO at 5:55 pm and arriving in PVD at 8:35 pm!!

I am sooo glad we held out for SWA!!

Lisa

Wow , you got $49 flight mid-November from PVD? That's awesome.

You know, I went crazy waiting to book the minute the flights came out. Today, when I look on the site, I can still book the same flights for the same prices!

Oh well - I'm hoping they may run a sale sometime in the future!

Sorcha

Originally posted by WeluvDisney2
Southwest finally lost my business. I too had been waiting for SW to come out with their November fares, and a few hours after they came out with them all of the inexpensive seats (flying at decent times of the day) were sold out! So I went with Delta Express and got round trip tickets from Providence to Orlando for $186. per person. If Southwest continues to frustrate their customers with not enough value priced seats they will loose business to other airlines. BUH-BYE :wave2:

They usually have quite a few "cheapie" seats. They will never lose my business, I wait and pounce. Wait until Delta changes their times, cancels their flights or merges them and you lose your seat assignments. THAT will be frustrating.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
They usually have quite a few "cheapie" seats. They will never lose my business, I wait and pounce. Wait until Delta changes their times, cancels their flights or merges them and you lose your seat assignments. THAT will be frustrating.

And you know, I sleep better knowing my reservations are with one of the few airlines actually making a profit, rather than those close to Chapter 11.

Sorcha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter