Walk from Beach Club Villas to MGM?

PaulaMurf

If you can't be a good example, at least serve as
Hi -

I know I saw a post someplace with the info on this walk - anyone know where?

How long is the walk? Can I do it with a stroller? Is it lit for night walking?

Thanks
Paula:Pinkbounc

Yes, there is a walkway from the Epcot area resorts to MGM. We took a VERY leisurely stroll back from MGM and it took approx 20 - 25 minutes for the walk. It is lit at night, and strollers definately can make it, mine did. The walkway is located next to the BW resort. You'd leave the BCV and walk towards the BW. As you get to the end of the BW, instead of heading over the bridge to the S/D, hang a left and walk along the BWV's.

When I walked from BCV to MGM, I walked via YC and S/D. It took me about the same length of time. Wonder which way is actually shorter. I was walking alone, no stroller or children with me.

How long is the walk?
About a year-and-a-half ago, a DIS poster (Caskbill) used his handheld GPS to measure the lengths of some interesting paths at WDW. He measured the distance from MGM to BWV as 0.66 miles, which gives some idea of the distance involved to BCV:

MGM to BWV via Walkway
When I walked from BCV to MGM, I walked via YC and S/D. It took me about the same length of time. Wonder which way is actually shorter.
That's the path I've always taken as well, so I was also curious. In another post, Caskbill provides the distances between several points around Crescent Lake:

Path Around Crescent Lake

Looking at his numbers, we see the following:

S/D Arch to Y&BC Pier: 0.2 miles
S/D Arch, past Y&BC Pier, to junction with path to International Gateway: 0.41 miles
S/D Arch, over the Boardwalk to junction with path to International Gateway: 0.38 miles

So, when coming from MGM and reaching the split point at the Swan/Dolphin Arch, if you take the left path (past Y&BC) you will reach the path to the International Gateway in 0.41 miles. If you take the right path (around the Boardwalk), you will reach that same path in 0.38 miles. So, if you were going straight through to Epcot, the right path (Boardwalk) would be shorter (by a whopping three one-hundredths of a mile! :D ). However, if going to the BCV, you don't quite make that junction point. Instead you split off and head into the Beach Club. So, I suspect that the two distances are actually almost the same.

OK, so that was probably more than you ever wanted to know! :earsboy:

Originally posted by SamR
OK, so that was probably more than you ever wanted to know! :earsboy:
Oh, no! I'm a math teacher so I actually went one "step" further and calculated that 3/100ths of a mile is 158.4 feet! So now I know. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter