Walk In Shower in DVC Rooms

carolcalhoun

Earning My Ears
Good afternoon,

Which DVC rooms have a walk in shower? We are interested in renting points from an owner but need to know which rooms to request.

Good afternoon,

Which DVC rooms have a walk in shower? We are interested in renting points from an owner but need to know which rooms to request.
You need to have the owner book an accessible room with a roll in shower. If you BOOK an accessible room, it is a guaranteed category.
Each DVC resort has accessible rooms with roll in showers scattered around the resort. If you just find out which rooms have roll in showers and have the owner request that room, you would not necessarily get the room since room requests are just requests and are not guaranteed.
If you book an accessible room, you can request it to be in a certain area of the resort. The accessible room type would be guaranteed, but the location would just be a request.

Poly studios, VGF deluxe studios and the bookable Copper Creek studio with step in shower have the configuration in all units. Other resorts, you should book an accessible studio.

To add: these are step in not roll in showers which I believe is what OP was asking.

Poly studios, VGF deluxe studios and the bookable Copper Creek studio with step in shower have the configuration in all units. Other resorts, you should book an accessible studio.

To add: these are step in not roll in showers which I believe is what OP was asking.
Thank you so much! Do you know of any one bedroom units that have a step in shower?

I was in a one bedroom at AKL Jambo that had a roll in shower. It was on the Club Floor though.

Thank you so much! Do you know of any one bedroom units that have a step in shower?
I believe that all one bedrooms have a walk in shower, except Jambo which has the most horrific tub configuration imaginable… these are converted hotel rooms which I suppose is why the tub requires you to climb up and over an enormous lip to get in! If you want Jambo, you definitely need to book an accessible villa. Otherwise, 1 bedrooms have a walk in shower and separate soaker tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter