Walking Distance Hotel List w/ discussion & details of hotels

Thanks for the info on the Sheraton. Someone tell me the price, star rating and their opinion and I'll add it to the first post later.

The Sheraton Park is considered a superior hotel when booking a Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Package. It's a 3.5 star hotel if bidding on Priceline. The price is much more variable - depending on the day of the week and time of year. The lowest refundable rate for my stay (Sept. 27-Oct. 1) is $139/night + tax, with a AAA rate of $125.10. As mentioned, I booked a 4-night Disneyland package that includes a 3-day park hopper. After subtracting the $199 value of the ticket from the package, the per night cost is $126.63 - including the 18% tax. I thought it was a very nice hotel when I stayed there in Sept. 2000, but it was owned by a different hotel chain then.

The Sheraton Park is considered a superior hotel when booking a Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel Package. It's a 3.5 star hotel if bidding on Priceline.

This is a problem with listing ratings. They need to come from a consistent source and state how they earn ratings.

Not sure if you've included it or not, but HoJo's offer a DIS boards rate worth 15% per night, which would take the cost down to $127.50 a night and also offer free internet via wifi :thumbsup2

The DIS rate is one that never seems to expire, so it's worth falling back to if you can't get entertainment / AP rate. Just need to use the LNDB code when booking to get it :)

best western stovall's now charges for parking $8 a day. and you need to pay extended on check out day. We used to stay there, but once they added the parking charge, other hotels were a better deal.

really like the sheraton park. some rooms have balconys that face the fireworks. ( not sure if new car land blocks it though) nice landscaped pool. Not a bad walk, a bit farther than candy cane. I believe they charge for parking, but you do not need to pay more if you stay past check out.

We have been staying at candy cane lately. using our AAA rate and using a 10 off per night certificate they give you after each stay, our oct rate is 103 per night ( plus tax) ( had we booked a month earlier it would have been 93 :mad:, i blew it) good breakfast yogurt, pastries, toast, peanut butter , cereal, bagels and cream cheese, fruit, coffee cocoa. free parking. family owned, so very nice employees. free shuttle and free candy canes! Pool was kept warm for night swims. parking lot nice. not just cement. fairly quick walk if you miss the shuttle. ( every 30 minutes)

The Sheraton Park IMO is Great! The beds and pillows are so comfy and I am very picky about beds. If you book a Disney vacation they also give you a gift card for $25.00 a night to use in there onsight restaurants or room service. A greAt added bonus and quite often you get the fourth night free.

I can say that Castle Inn should stay as a "place-of-last-resort" (but it is very inexpensive and close if that is all you are looking at).

I've seen a several DISers say this, but I've stayed there twice and thought it was just fine! Of course, the rate when I broke down the package was about $50/night... I probably wouldn't pay more to stay there. So, maybe it is my "last resort" also? I think it's good for a cheap stay...

My only other DL trip has been at the DLH. I guess this means that I will be pleasantly surprised by stays at any other Harbor Blvd hotel!

Re: Castle Inn...I'll speak up, in the interest of saving fellow Disboard-ers $ and grief :laughing:

To put it bluntly, I wouldn't let my DOG stay there; the Castle Inn is the Captain Kidd's of hotels. :scared1: It *used* to be a decent place to stay, about 10 years ago. The rooms were kept clean and there weren't any unsavory characters roaming the grounds/fighting outside the rooms then. In fact, for a few years, I'd rent one of the suites for my birthday party/Disneyland trip, in the late 90s. My last stay was 4 years ago. I was treated to a bed with bodily fluids in it & a, how shall I phrase this on a family friendly board?, "flashily dressed gentleman and his scantily dressed female employee" having a verbal/physical altercation outside my room.

Now, I am by no means a hotel snob; I am content to stay next door, at the Anaheim Plaza, even though it's about 20 years older and not the most fancy of lodgings. Usually, though, I'll pay a little more and stay at BWPPI or Stovall's, because I love the comfy beds & the newly remodeled rooms. But unless they gut the Castle Inn, spray it down with some heavy duty disinfectant, and put all new furniture in the newly remodeled rooms (and keep better tabs on who's hanging out in the parking lot/rooms), I won't be staying there ever again.

Just my $0.02.

We love Hotel Menage! Possibly too far to walk for some (10 minutes) but a 24 hour pool, cheap poolside food 5 bucks between 4-7, and the fireworks literally fall into the pool, (yes they are that close). 85 bucks a night, we will never stay anywhere else.

Captain Kidds. Now there is something that we can all agree on. Stay away from Captain Kidds.

Captain Kidds. Now there is something that we can all agree on. Stay away from Captain Kidds.
That's what everybody says... my family has been given the 411 on that restaurant.

Anyway, I tweaked the original post and added some the hotels' amenities. I'll do more later.

Just want to say THANKS! for this thread! I pretty much have our stay planned for BWPPI or Park Vue, but always looking for more ideas!

P.S. Where is Hotel Menage??

Just want to say THANKS! for this thread! I pretty much have our stay planned for BWPPI or Park Vue, but always looking for more ideas!

P.S. Where is Hotel Menage??

Hotel Manage is over I-5 north on Harbor. It gets mixed reviews though. It's a hip place for the young and partying. Not great for quiet families.

Some people don't like the noise of the 24 hour pools and the music played there most of the day that gives it a party atmosphere. Or of I-5 running behind it.

Others love the hip, boutique style hotel that it is.

Thanks for this thread!! We're going for a few days in March and I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out where to stay. Price vs further walk. :confused3 Every time I decide on one I read a review that changes my mind.

We're trying to find a place to stay for the end of Sept/begin of Oct this year (yes, I know - just a few weeks away!)

We're so used to staying at WDW, that trying to find a decent hotel without spending a fortune is killing me!

Any thoughts on the Carousel Inn??

I didn't see the Jolly Roger on your list..stayed there for EXPO and it's right near the Convention Center and about 15 minute steady walk to park. Price was $70 a night through Hotels.com. Pros...price, rooms nicely remodeled. Cons, outside is kind of shabby, no breakfast of any kind, coffee maker is odd and makes 1 cup, no frig unless you pay extra and internet was sketchy.

Thanks all so far for the good feedback. :goodvibes:

I didn't see the Jolly Roger on your list..stayed there for EXPO and it's right near the Convention Center and about 15 minute steady walk to park. Price was $70 a night through Hotels.com. Pros...price, rooms nicely remodeled. Cons, outside is kind of shabby, no breakfast of any kind, coffee maker is odd and makes 1 cup, no frig unless you pay extra and internet was sketchy.

I'll add it to the list right now... for my family, I'll put it on the 2nd string list, but it's not an absolute no, IMO.

This Thanksgiving Weekend we're staying at Best Western Stovall's for $65 per night!! I got it through LMT I knew that I was getting that hotel *you bid without knowing till you've paid* cause I read this great tip!

I just updated a bunch of the hotels' amenities, but not quite all yet.

This Thanksgiving Weekend we're staying at Best Western Stovall's for $65 per night!! I got it through LMT I knew that I was getting that hotel *you bid with out knowing till you've paid* cause I read this great tip!

Thanks for the tip!!! I've used LMT before and liked it.

We love Hotel Menage! Possibly too far to walk for some (10 minutes) but a 24 hour pool, cheap poolside food 5 bucks between 4-7, and the fireworks literally fall into the pool, (yes they are that close). 85 bucks a night, we will never stay anywhere else.

We liked it and would possibly stay there again and posted a review. However, I think 10 minutes walking is faster than many with families will manage. My son and I did a one day trip in May and got this hotel through Hotwire and timed the walk there at 14 minutes; back it was a bit longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter