Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Supply and demand.... rates change based on time of day and day of the week.

My view is book ASAP at a refundable rate, and then if it goes cheaper you can rebook again. Or if they don't, book somewhere else.

I have seen rates go up and then come back down during the same week. But they also seem to drop right around the 30 day mark... if there is availability left. But I know last August things got really cheap, even cheaper than September. That said if they add a big conference at the last minute, rooms could disappear.
Thanks for the quick response. In the chat, they said I can book and, if the rates go lower, I can contact them and then they will modify my reservation at the new lower rate. So I guess I'll do that.

They fluctuate a lot. Like, even $100/night difference if you look on two separate days in the same week. Book a refundable rate while logged into your Bonvoy account and you can modify your room to a lower rate without needing to rebook very easily online. I check every week for my trips and have saved a lot of $ this way. Sometimes the cheapest rate is a few months out or even just a week before check in! In all my experiences rates have gone down as the dates have gotten closer, assuming they are not dates that sell out.
Thanks! I'm booking the room for my mother, so I'm using the senior discount option. Do you think I'd be able to modify that? I'm the chat, I specifically said I was using the senior discount and they said if I saw a lower rate, they could modify it. You think I'd have to call them to modify or I'd be able to do it myself?

Thanks! I'm booking the room for my mother, so I'm using the senior discount option. Do you think I'd be able to modify that? I'm the chat, I specifically said I was using the senior discount and they said if I saw a lower rate, they could modify it. You think I'd have to call them to modify or I'd be able to do it myself?
In theory I think your suppose to be able to do it, all the tools are there. But I've never had the modify options actually work, so I have to rebook and then cancel the original booking.

Does anyone have any insight into the room rates at Swan/Dolphin? The rates are about 40$ higher per night for a few days in August than they were last week. Do they typically fluctuate that much? Do they ever come down after going up like this? It's gonna make a big difference for the trip I had planned.
They fluctuate like crazy. A room you book for $350 can be $1200 in the blink of an eye if the hotel sells out (which happens when conventions come in or when they grow).

If you are ok with the price book it- but always book refundable with Swolphin so you can rebook if the price drops.

Just book it new, then cancel the original. Don’t see any reason to waste time trying modify with Marriott.

Just book it new, then cancel the original. Don’t see any reason to waste time trying modify with Marriott.
Okay thanks. I'm looking at the site now and it's asking for a credit card. So book, charge to card, and then cancel that for a refund and rebook if the price goes lower? Sorry if these are dumb questions.

Okay thanks. I'm looking at the site now and it's asking for a credit card. So book, charge to card, and then cancel that for a refund and rebook if the price goes lower? Sorry if these are dumb questions.
ALWAYS better to ask 👏 Yes, you have the process down correct.

Yes, you have to put the cc down. They might charge a deposit of like 1 night, not sure on the senior rates policies. Double check the cancellation policy before you click book, if it says you can cancel up to X hours before check-in or up to a date, you’re good to book!

In theory I think your suppose to be able to do it, all the tools are there. But I've never had the modify options actually work, so I have to rebook and then cancel the original booking.
I have been able to use the modify option to get a lower rate. It does require you to enter your credit card again, but I think the old deposit is used.

Okay thanks. I'm looking at the site now and it's asking for a credit card. So book, charge to card, and then cancel that for a refund and rebook if the price goes lower? Sorry if these are dumb questions
Note that even though the website says you'll be charged a deposit, that doesn't always happen. If it does happen, sometimes it is right when you make the reservation and other times it can be just before your arrival date.

Another minor detail but I would book the lower price BEFORE canceling the original reservation just in case. Maybe overly cautious but I wouldn't want to cancel a reservation and then find I couldn't make one, the price had gone up, etc.

At one point last year I had two reservations - deposit was charged immediately for the second one, but the first one's deposit wasn't charged until about three months later (which was about six months before our stay).

Yes the deposit is a hit or miss, I think I have always been charged a deposit at some point but it’s never consistent as to when it’s charged. Luckily whenever I’ve cancelled it’s always been refunded within a few weeks with no issues, but it’s good to make a note when you are charged to make sure you get refunded if you cancel. (Especially if you’re like me and have a lot of reservations across different cards at the same time, hard to remember what goes with what since you will never get an email saying you were charged a deposit of $X.)

When you modify vs rebooking it’s nice to not have to wait for the charges to fall off and not have the enter a new confirmation number in MDE. I’ve never had issues with modifying but agree that if you can’t figure it out, just book the new lower rate and then cancel the old rate (assuming refundable). I use the AP discount and have never had trouble modifying so assuming the senior discount would function the same way.

I always modify on the website (not the app), it works on my phone but I usually do it on my computer because it’s easier.

When you go to my trips, there’s an option to view/modify:

FEBB3A0E-688F-4961-9325-AF8321AD0878.jpeg

Then you see all the rate details and there should be an option to edit room

A13B3AA3-57EC-420C-B6E7-FD0E8EDE78FE.jpeg

Finally it should bring you to a page with the current rates and if you see a new lower rate you can click the button “update room” and it will ask you to confirm the rate and then it will be modified at the new date, and you’ll get an email confirmation (but the confirmation # will not change and no new deposit will be taken assuming the new rate is lower).

01FC368E-9100-477D-AB29-91587F2BC63E.jpeg

As you can see in my example the new rate is more expensive (the AP rate is no longer avail for my dates)…so I did NOT hit the update button and just exited out. I like the modify option as it shows you your booked rate and the current rates on the same page so it’s easy to see if it went down without having to remember what you originally booked, plus no need to re-enter credit card or guest info. Also, you have the option to change room types as well (sometimes I upgrade to a balcony when rates drop via this method). But I know it doesn’t work for everyone so the rebooking option might be necessary for those folks.

Yes the deposit is a hit or miss, I think I have always been charged a deposit at some point but it’s never consistent as to when it’s charged. Luckily whenever I’ve cancelled it’s always been refunded within a few weeks with no issues, but it’s good to make a note when you are charged to make sure you get refunded if you cancel. (Especially if you’re like me and have a lot of reservations across different cards at the same time, hard to remember what goes with what since you will never get an email saying you were charged a deposit of $X.)
Thanks so much for all this. You (and everyone else) have been super helpful. I went ahead and booked for her and I'll just keep checking for updated rates.

Another question... We are staying at Boardwalk from 26 - 2nd. My mom will be at Swan from 29 - 2nd. Does she need her own MDE account? Can I just add her as friends family on mine (like I did for my kids)? And will she be able to use magic band to get in early hours? Or does that only link to her room key? Sorry for all the questions. This is the first time I'm doing anything other than just my immediate family and want to avoid any hiccups if possible).

Thanks so much for all this. You (and everyone else) have been super helpful. I went ahead and booked for her and I'll just keep checking for updated rates.

Another question... We are staying at Boardwalk from 26 - 2nd. My mom will be at Swan from 29 - 2nd. Does she need her own MDE account? Can I just add her as friends family on mine (like I did for my kids)? And will she be able to use magic band to get in early hours? Or does that only link to her room key? Sorry for all the questions. This is the first time I'm doing anything other than just my immediate family and want to avoid any hiccups if possible).
In order for your Mom to get the hotel stay benefits (early entry, and Deluxe late hours), she’ll need to have her Swan reservation linked to her MDE account, so she will need her own MDE account.

What is the best way to rope drop Animal Kingdom if staying at Dolphin? What time do buses start to AK? Looking at June 11.

Does anyone have any insight into the room rates at Swan/Dolphin? The rates are about 40$ higher per night for a few days in August than they were last week.
All new reservations should show a $40 increase in the nightly rate. Marriott is rolling out a change to their site this month. This $40 is the Resort fee now included in the pricing.

It sounds like the total did not change just the way Marriott will report it going forward.

Dave

All new reservations should show a $40 increase in the nightly rate. Marriott is rolling out a change to their site this month. This $40 is the Resort fee now included in the pricing.

It sounds like the total did not change just the way Marriott will report it going forward.

Dave
Unfortunately, that wasn't it. I clearly saw the box to check to show resort fees and when I clicked that, it changed the price to even more. The original price i was seeing a week or two ago was around 190 a night without fees. Now, its around 225 without feeds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter