Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello. My question is about the Bus Stop. Does it have the (theoretical) bus ETA like some of the other resorts? (I perused the thread but couldn't find the answer.) TIA!
Yes, there is an electronic board, though it has not always been functional.

We are at the Dolphin now and are loving it! First time not in a “Disney” resort but I’m Marriott (and now Starwood Gold) so we are staying on points. Got a great room on the 14th floor, which says it is a Preferred Guest floor. We are in the Central Triangle section directly facing the swan so we have views of HS, the Boardwalk and World Showcase.

I just went to the Grotto pool to check out the cabanas. Rental is $100 for 4 hours or $150 from 9-6. We rented one for tomorrow from 10-2 so we can get some first hand experience.

Attachments

• 6235DAB4-3F64-43C8-A4E0-836C357A6E7B.jpeg
    6235DAB4-3F64-43C8-A4E0-836C357A6E7B.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 28
21C33865-753C-4C86-87CA-8974C7038874.jpeg
Thank you, I did find that picture online. I was hoping to see what the actual seating looked like inside. I've searched and can't find any pictures (it doesn't help that the pool bar is also called 'cabanas' which confuses the google machine).

I'll make sure to take some photos when we go in June and post them for everyone.

I just added a post about the cabanas but here is a pic. You can’t see the big flatscreen tv hanging in the upper left corner. I asked about loungers when I booked and he said he would put two of them in the cabana for us when we arrive tomorrow.

Hello. My question is about the Bus Stop. Does it have the (theoretical) bus ETA like some of the other resorts? (I perused the thread but couldn't find the answer.) TIA!
Yes there is a monitor, as you noted, they are up pretty high and easy to miss. One monitor at the Swan was dead but the other worked.

The better news is that it's being reported that soon the MDE app will show bus times on it, thus the TVs wouldn't be needed.

The better news is that it's being reported that soon the MDE app will show bus times on it, thus the TVs wouldn't be needed.

That would be SUPER! (But I won't count on it for my Disney trip this Summer...)

Also, I see that the Minnie Vans don't stop at Swan/Dolphin - I assume Boardwalk would be the closest pickup location???

We are at the Dolphin now and are loving it! First time not in a “Disney” resort but I’m Marriott (and now Starwood Gold) so we are staying on points. Got a great room on the 14th floor, which says it is a Preferred Guest floor. We are in the Central Triangle section directly facing the swan so we have views of HS, the Boardwalk and World Showcase.

I just went to the Grotto pool to check out the cabanas. Rental is $100 for 4 hours or $150 from 9-6. We rented one for tomorrow from 10-2 so we can get some first hand experience.

Oh! I’ve been eyeing these so please be sure to report back. A few years back we rented a cabana when staying at an off-property resort and had a fantastic day.

Yes, but you need to be a BW guest to use it.
You don't necessarily need to currently be a guest at a Disney resort to use the Minnie Vans.

If the Lyft app was previously downloaded and validated while a guest at a Disney-owned/managed resort, you are allowed to use the Minnie Vans, as long as your app is still valid. You do not need to currently be staying at a Disney resort. However, I believe that the Minnie Vans only pick up and drop off at Disney resorts, parks, and Disney Springs. That leaves Swan/Dolphin out. However, Disney resorts neighboring the Swan/Dolphin are valid Minnie Van stops.

Are there just regular chairs and umbrellas to use? We plan to hit the pool two mornings on our trip (later this week!). I'd like to be able to get out of the sun but not rent a cabana.

Last edited:
You don't necessarily need to currently be a guest at a Disney resort to use the Minnie Vans.

If the Lyft app was previously downloaded and validated while a guest at a Disney-owned/managed resort, you are allowed to use the Minnie Vans, as long as your app is still valid. You do not need to currently be staying at a Disney resort. However, I believe that the Minnie Vans only pick up and drop off at Disney resorts, parks, and Disney Springs. That leaves Swan/Dolphin out. However, Disney resorts neighboring the Swan/Dolphin are valid Minnie Van stops.
Yes, all true. I should have added, 'a current or previous guest'.

Just thought this was a nice picture.

maps_directions_1.jpg

605CC327-2BB7-448E-B6E2-90E621516823.jpeg 9029A400-9149-4E0E-8649-6C1544F8C969.jpeg
Are there just regular chairs and umbrellas to use? We plan to hit the pool two mornings on our trip (later this week!). I'd like to be able to get out of the sun but not rent a cabana.

There were plenty of lounge chairs and a few umbrellas at each pool. There also seemed to be some lounges under the rock where the waterfall is.

Thanks for posting that picture. :) People have been asking for photos of it, and that is helpful.

I can see situations where you’d want a nice private space like that. I’m traveling with four babies. If we wanted to have a pool day, that’s a nice space to put a pack-&-play for napping babies. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter