Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are in the early stages of planning a March 2019 trip and may consider staying at the Swalphin. We stayed a Yacht Club many years ago and had a few meals at the Dolphin.

I am interested in any recent experiences at Picabu and/or the poolside venues in accommodating food allergies. I cannot have gluten and can only have limited egg yolks. My DD is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, bananas, and melons and can have limited soy.

wow that sounds challenging. I'm not qualified to answer that but I did see a big pile of bananas for sale each morning there and they cook eggs on the grill. There were two types of melon in their fruit cups. So I would suggest starting with an email to guest services at the dolphin, explain your issue and ask who you should communicate with about food allergies. I'm sure they have dealt with this previously. Best wishes!!

Hi guys,

I have a kind of stupid question about the Swan and Dolphin. I've never stayed at either one before and am considering it for a quick weekend trip for the Food and Wine Festival in September. If I book the Swan or Dolphin through Orbitz or AAA, how do I link that reservation to My Disney Experience to make FP+ reservations? I'm assuming when you book you get a confirmation number, but is there a separate Disney confirmation number? (I'm kind of nervous about this, considering how hard it is to get FP's for certain attractions!)

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I have a kind of stupid question about the Swan and Dolphin. I've never stayed at either one before and am considering it for a quick weekend trip for the Food and Wine Festival in September. If I book the Swan or Dolphin through Orbitz or AAA, how do I link that reservation to My Disney Experience to make FP+ reservations? I'm assuming when you book you get a confirmation number, but is there a separate Disney confirmation number? (I'm kind of nervous about this, considering how hard it is to get FP's for certain attractions!)

Thanks in advance!

I’m coming up on my third stay at the Swan since 2016. Each trip, I called the resort’s Reservations department a couple of weeks before my FP+ date and asked them to give me a reservation number that would be recognized by MDE. Each time, they gave me a completely different number that worked perfectly with MDE. :)

Back home today from our 5 night Dolphin stay.

Sounds like everything worked out just like it should! Planning your next trip yet?

I am interested in any recent experiences at Picabu and/or the poolside venues in accommodating food allergies. I cannot have gluten and can only have limited egg yolks. My DD is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, bananas, and melons and can have limited soy.
We enjoyed our Breakfast at Picabu every morning. As for your allergies, I'd call them the main number is 407.934.4000 but they can put you in touch with who you need to talk with.

Sounds like everything worked out just like it should! Planning your next trip yet? QUOTE]

Sadly no. This was special as our two adult children joined us,that gets harder and harder. I think DH and I will try again in three or four years when the next batch of new stuff is open.

Sadly no. This was special as our two adult children joined us,that gets harder and harder. I think DH and I will try again in three or four years when the next batch of new stuff is open.
I hear ya, we dreamed about going back this December, but just not in the cards. We're going to Disneyland in 2019 for a work conference, and might get a few days in this August when we take our oldest to grad school in San Diego.

Back home today from our 5 night Dolphin stay. :sad:

Had a great stay. Just a few things that might be of interest to folks.

-Got both of the things we requested room wise... connecting rooms and west wing near the pool. We had rooms 1171 and 1173, ground floor facing the swan boats and pool. So pleasant to sit on the patio and sooooo easy to get to the pool, bus, Picabo and boat dock.

-Housekeeping was spotty. Cleaning was fine but first two days they came early while we were out of the room so no problem but last two days they came between 4-5pm when we were back trying to shower and go out for evening. First time I let her in but yesterday I said "no" not until after we shower and leave. She left the floor so I called the front desk when we were done and requested they send someone to clean, which they did while we were out.

- first day I asked housekeeping for a few extra waters, she left 16 between our two rooms!!

-breakfast at Picabo was good and affordable. We did both grab and go as well as cooked breakfasts a couple of mornings. Used the AAA discount there, at Fuel and at the pool.

-didn't realize Minnie Van was allowed at Dolphin now so we thought somehow we had gotten really lucky when it popped up on our Lyft app :laughing:. We used Minnie Van going to HDDR as many had suggested because it by passes having to take the internal bus loop. We were there in 15 min and had plenty of time to explore the horse barn, dock area and trading post before the show. We used regular Lyft 3 times as well. They seem to hang out at the mini golf across the street waiting for rides so we never waited more than 3 min! We used Lyft going to and from Disney Springs (we were so tired and just didn't want to deal with waiting for the bus) and we used it returning from our post MK stop at the Poly for Trader Sams. We used Lyft Plus to and from mco, under $50 each way, had to use Plus due to 4 adults and 4 bags. Probably a little less if using regular Lyft.

-had lunch at Fuel on arrival day, good food but busy with conventioneers. DD got a breakfast up there one morning that she brought out to the pool, it was good but again she said very busy.

-really like the refurbs they have done there since our last stay 4 years ago. Seems more upscale modern, sleek, soothing... overall a nice improvement imho.

-lastly, we did book our stay through Costco and had no hitches once we were there.
Thank you for the lovely review!
I'm curious about Picabu breakfast the menus I find online are very small and limited. What all did you have or remember seeing at Picabu for breakfast?

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

I’m coming up on my third stay at the Swan since 2016. Each trip, I called the resort’s Reservations department a couple of weeks before my FP+ date and asked them to give me a reservation number that would be recognized by MDE. Each time, they gave me a completely different number that worked perfectly with MDE. :)

No real worries @Nermel9, as @JerseyJanice posted above you just need to call Starwood to get their confirmation number. The one you receive initially from any "third party" is not compatible with the MDE system. You just call the local reservation number at 407-934-4000 or by using the 800 number: 1-888-828-8850.

Don't worry about mentioning Orbitz, AAA, or any other company name. Just provide your last name and the dates of your stay and ask to confirm your reservation and request their "Confirmation" number and they should just lookup your reservation with that information and they can provide you with their "Confirmation" number that you will then be able to enter into MDE to link your reservation to the Disney system. You just want to get this done before the 60 booking window for FP+ to maximize your FP+ experience.

Another option is to try the SPG Web page to lookup your own reservation, just make sure to use your credit card for the search since the confirmation number provided by any third party like Orbtiz or AAA will not be valid in the SPG system.

Link: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/reservations/index.html

Dave

Researching making a booking through the Starwoods website directly for the Dolphin. It is quoting a "service package" of 31.50 USD per night. Does anyone know if this is just another name for the resort fee (which I thought was 28 USD?) or whether there is a 31.50 USD service package AND 28 USD resort fee?

Researching making a booking through the Starwoods website directly for the Dolphin. It is quoting a "service package" of 31.50 USD per night. Does anyone know if this is just another name for the resort fee (which I thought was 28 USD?) or whether there is a 31.50 USD service package AND 28 USD resort fee?
It is $28 plus tax. And that's hotel tax, not sales tax, 12.5% if I recall.

What are the pros/cons of a patio room vs. upper floor resort view room at the Dolphin?

Does anyone know if this is just another name for the resort fee (which I thought was 28 USD?) or whether there is a 31.50 USD service package AND 28 USD resort fee?
Yes just another name for a mandatory "Resort Fee". As @dansdad indicated above it is really $28 plus tax. On third party sites it is often referred to as a $32 Resort fee or service fee.

Back in the day it was much lower and was an optional bundle. Now it is mandatory. Also don't forget the parking fee if you drive: $23 self-park, $33 valet. Note: Disney also now charges a parking fee. The fee is $13 per night at Value resorts, $19 at Moderate resorts and $24 at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts as of 3/21/2018.

How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?
Resort Service Package is $28 + tax per day and includes:
  • Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
  • Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
  • 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
  • In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
  • Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
  • Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
  • $25 off spa services of $100 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
  • Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event
source: https://swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve.html

Dave

@Dave006 you and I posted at the same time.

Reading that list of things you get for the resort fee, I wonder if we are entitled to the extra fast WiFi that they seem to want to sell when you first log in.

IOW, as you’re connecting to the resort’s WiFI for the first time after checking in, you get a message that you can connect to a higher internet speed if you pay for it. Is actually that the “enhanced” high speed Internet mentioned in the resort fee amenities?

We used Lyft Plus to and from mco, under $50 each way, had to use Plus due to 4 adults and 4 bags. Probably a little less if using regular Lyft.
I am glad this was a good experience for you. I am considering using this when I go down in a few weeks. I do see that supershuttle has an option as well that is pretty cheap.

What are the pros/cons of a patio room vs. upper floor resort view room at the Dolphin?
Interested in this. We saw people sitting out on their patio on our last trip and it looked lovely. We usually never like being on the ground floor though.

Actually on that note - does anyone know if Starwoods employees get any discounts/benefits? My OH works for them and I've asked him to check, but I am not going to get a quick answer without nagging! I managed to find some info online about Explore Rates that are available to employees but Swan & Dolphin didn't seem to have any availability.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter