Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We are checking into the Dolphin on 11/21. I chose Dolphin over Swan because of food options. Hopefully, we will get news of what will be open prior to!

The site we don’t cite is reporting that The Cove has been renamed, “The Swan Reserve”.

:confused3
I saw that, as well. The story names the Swan/Dolphin director of creative marketing as the source of information; at least that was the position he held, as of the release of the info. I think someone had loose lips and may have trusted someone with insider information, that was not yet meant for public consumption. IMHO, the name sounds like a fine wine. 🍷

Since the new property is designed and will be marketed for conventions and conferences, I can understand the reason to somehow associate it with the Swan, almost as an overflow facility. The Swan and Dolphin often lose business to the Disney EP resorts, when they simply can’t always accommodate all of the attendees at extremely large gatherings.

Since the new property is designed and will be marketed for conventions and conferences, I can understand the reason to somehow associate it with the Swan, almost as an overflow facility.
It has always been an extension of The Swan, but that fact often gets lost, which may be part of what prompted the name change. "Swan Reserve" just makes it more explicit than "The Cove at the Walt Disney World Swan" which usually got shortened to just "The Cove."

Any ideas for an acronym for the new tower, if the newly mentioned-name is accurate? If not including the other two properties, how about Swerve?

For those creative DISers, are there any ideas out there for Swan+Dolphin+Swan Reserve?

Any ideas for an acronym for the new tower, if the newly mentioned-name is accurate? If not including the other two properties, how about Swerve?

For those creative DISers, are there any ideas out there for Swan+Dolphin+Swan Reserve?
Swerphin? Swervin? The Greater Il Mulino Metropolitan Area?

(Don’t mind me, I’m just here for tiramisu and meatballs)

Swan Reserve sounds like a credit card product that you don’t really need but gets you airport lounge access with a ridiculous interest rate or something.

I liked “The Cove” so I guess I’m just surly. Although I CANNOT wait to see what’s built!!

I like "Swerve." 😏

As for an all-encompasing name, I would say that, since Swerve is part of the Swan, that it's still covered by "Swalphin."

Well if nothing else, this probably means it's going to be a Westin.

I don't get the name either. 'I'd like to reserve at the Swan reserve'??

Lotta words in the English language ... they should keep looking. lol

The site we don’t cite is reporting that The Cove has been renamed, “The Swan Reserve”.

:confused3
I think it's more fitting then the Cove personally, though I think they could have come up with something better. But there is no/zip/nada water around the Cove, so at least the name change doesn't try to imply it's nestled along some water. I wonder if they ran into issues with the name and some other property exerting copyright infringement.

Also as an offshoot of the Swan it would lead me to think they will be getting some services from the Swan - like bus transportation.

Question for those that booked the Swan through Disney directly- besides the resort fee what additional fees were you charged? When I price a trip through Marriott for my family of four, including two children under 18, they add on a $375 extra person fee for a weeks stay. Wondering if that’s already included in the quote from Disney or if that will be a separate charge at checkout.

@mykidsrock76 that extra fee keeps popping up, its a problem with Marriott's reseveation system. They won't charge you that fee for your kids. You can have it removed by calling the local number, or they will take care of it when you check in. Marriott claims they had fixed this problem a year ago but it still shows up like it did for you.

The fees they they charge are the parking fee and the resort fee. If you need extras like a roll away bed that would be an additional fee. But for 2 adults and 2 kids they won't charge you anything else. The other fee to be aware if is if/when Picabu opens back up the they do charge a service fee, basically its a mandatory gratuity fee on your meal. If you have AAA bring it as you can get discounts, Picabu is one that does offer a discount.

@mykidsrock76 that extra fee keeps popping up, its a problem with Marriott's reseveation system. They won't charge you that fee for your kids. You can have it removed by calling the local number, or they will take care of it when you check in. Marriott claims they had fixed this problem a year ago but it still shows up like it did for you.

The fees they they charge are the parking fee and the resort fee. If you need extras like a roll away bed that would be an additional fee. But for 2 adults and 2 kids they won't charge you anything else. The other fee to be aware if is if/when Picabu opens back up the they do charge a service fee, basically its a mandatory gratuity fee on your meal. If you have AAA bring it as you can get discounts, Picabu is one that does offer a discount.

Thank you! The surprise fees are the only thing stopping us from booking the Swan. We understand the resort fee and parking fee, as we will have a car. But I was so confused by the extra person fee.We do have AAA and would def bring our card since we’re making the drive from Texas. We’re torn about booking thru Disney or direct. Now that you have to make park reservations we’d need to purchase tickets separately. If we book direct, then we’re out that money should something happen that we need to cancel. Booking thru Disney gives a level of protection in these uncertain times.

Thank you! The surprise fees are the only thing stopping us from booking the Swan. We understand the resort fee and parking fee, as we will have a car. But I was so confused by the extra person fee.We do have AAA and would def bring our card since we’re making the drive from Texas. We’re torn about booking thru Disney or direct. Now that you have to make park reservations we’d need to purchase tickets separately. If we book direct, then we’re out that money should something happen that we need to cancel. Booking thru Disney gives a level of protection in these uncertain times.
I have found a more forgiving cancellation policy though Marriott than Disney. Perhaps it's our rewards level? One of the reasons I book direct through Marriott is the cancellation policy. For tickets, I purchased through Undercover Tourist. At the time that I purchased them, they were able to be cancelled within days of the trip for a 5% fee. Disney cancellation was 30 days. I also made our room reservation at the Contemporary through UT because of the cancellation policy was more forgiving than Disney (and the price was less).

I have found a more forgiving cancellation policy though Marriott than Disney. Perhaps it's our rewards level? One of the reasons I book direct through Marriott is the cancellation policy. For tickets, I purchased through Undercover Tourist. At the time that I purchased them, they were able to be cancelled within days of the trip for a 5% fee. Disney cancellation was 30 days. I also made our room reservation at the Contemporary through UT because of the cancellation policy was more forgiving than Disney (and the price was less).

Disney's hotel cancellation has been 5 days as well for a room only reservation. The 30 day cancellation had to do with package reservations, which included something else such as dining and/or tickets.

Edited to change policies to past tense. Obviously, during the Covid pandemic this is all changed for the foreseeable future.
PLUS
I really shouldn't assume that this will return post Covid. Who knows what the future will bring? I just wish that we could go back to normal, even if that means cancellation restrictions!

Last edited:
Hey @Babsy, that is the pre-COVID policy. Here is the current policy:

Rooms and Packages
To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through December 31, 2020. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach us at the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.

source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Dave

Disney's hotel cancellation is 5 days as well for a room only reservation. The 30 day cancellation has to do with package reservations, which includes something else such as dining and/or tickets.
Ah! I didn't realize that. Our initial quote included tickets I think.

Hey @Babsy, that is the pre-COVID policy. Here is the current policy:

Rooms and Packages
To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through December 31, 2020. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach us at the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.

source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Dave

That is true. Thanks.

I guess that I was thinking PP was referencing the non Covid regulations as he was mentioning the Disney 30 day cancellation vs Swolphin 5 day. I should have said 'has been' or 'was normally in a non Covid world". I will correct the post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter