Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I always book directly through Marriott. If you join their Marriott Bonvoy/Rewards program (free to join), you’ll be eligible for lower rates. Or if you have AAA, you can get lower rates. Definitely book now. Make sure it’s a refundable rate and then check back often to see if the rate has dropped. It’s super easy to modify your trip to the new rate if that happens.

Edited to add: depending how much cheaper the AAA rate is, it might be worth it to join AAA. I think it’s usually about $60/year.

For late July, the AAA rate was cheaper than the teacher rate.

Yes, that’s what you’ll need to do. And park passes and dining won’t be affected at all.

For future reference, a simpler way to do this is to go into the Marriott app under Trips and find your reservation. Click Modify Dates, and search for new rates that way. Choose your same dates, but if you find a better rate, select that rate, and it will apply to your existing reservation. Easy peasy!

I was able to get everythign into MDE, but now I have 2 hotel stays in there. Will one drop off? t says I have to call to make changes and I don't want to be on hold for hours again...

I was able to get everythign into MDE, but now I have 2 hotel stays in there. Will one drop off? t says I have to call to make changes and I don't want to be on hold for hours again...
Do you have the Marriott app? Check under Trips (at the bottom of the screen). Are both trips there? If so, click “More” on the one you want to cancel and a menu should show up, including the option to cancel. (I assume you can also do this on tne website; I’m just more familiar with the app.)

I always book directly through Marriott. If you join their Marriott Bonvoy/Rewards program (free to join), you’ll be eligible for lower rates. Or if you have AAA, you can get lower rates. Definitely book now. Make sure it’s a refundable rate and then check back often to see if the rate has dropped. It’s super easy to modify your trip to the new rate if that happens.

Edited to add: depending how much cheaper the AAA rate is, it might be worth it to join AAA. I think it’s usually about $60/year.
Thanks for the great advice. I already joined Marriott Bonvoy Club :) And I‘ll definitely book a refundable rate and check back if rates have dropped.

A 5th night free question I was hoping a Marriott loyalist could answer as I’ve found conflicting answers googling.
Between DH and I we have 4 free night certificates (he has 1 and I have 3). Are we able to combine them to get the 5th night free?
And to add to that question, if we cannot combine, can I use 3 free night awards, one night of points and then get the 5th free?

Thank you so much!...So I could still keep doing the daily check...now I just have to wait for May 29th to arrive so I can actually book something...I'm so very excited and thank everyone for their help on these boards. First of all, I had no idea my husband even had any points (he thought they had expired) and not only that it looks like he has enough to cover 4 nights with the 5th night free...he mentions often how expensive Disney is so I'm trying my best to get as many discounts as possible...with my Disney Visa reward, I'm hoping to get the food covered too..
If you’re ever short points, you can also consider purchasing some. Sometimes it works out cheaper than paying cash for a night and it gets you back to a “points stay,” do you get the 5th night. They sometimes run sales on points too.

A 5th night free question I was hoping a Marriott loyalist could answer as I’ve found conflicting answers googling.
Between DH and I we have 4 free night certificates (he has 1 and I have 3). Are we able to combine them to get the 5th night free?
And to add to that question, if we cannot combine, can I use 3 free night awards, one night of points and then get the 5th free?
Ok, I’ll tell you what I think the answer is, but a more savvy user may correct me!

No, you don’t get the “5th free” when redeeming certificates. And no, you can’t mix methods to get to the “5th free.” But yes, you can totally mix and match payment methods within a stay—some nights on points, some on certificates, some on cash. BUT...it’s always subject to availability for that type of redemption. They only set aside so many rooms per property per night for award redemptions, so you might possibly have to play with dates. I’ve personally had great success with Marriott phone support in doing those kinds of things. Most of them are quite savvy and seem to regard it as a challenge to make it work for you! They really “work it.”

I second joining AAA. I literally only joined because it saved me $200 on my trip to the dolphin next month so it already paid for itself three times over lol

Lastly, don't forget, if you are a senior (not sure what Marriott calls a senior; I know I am at 76), try a senior rate. Often good.

For those wondering, the Senior rate does not mean high school senior. 🙄

From Marriott:

If you are over the age of 62, you are eligible to book a Senior Rate:
  • Identification required upon Check-In
  • Room must be reserved in the name of the eligible Guest
  • The Senior Rate is not the same as an AARP or CARP Member Rate
  • This Global Rate is based on availability
I believe the Senior rate is usually slightly better than the AAA rate.

I want to book a stay at the Swan. I was planning to use the Disney site to book it as a package with tickets. With so much uncertainly this past year, I'd rather be able to make a $200 deposit on room and tickets combined instead of putting out the full price for everything and holding tickets that I can't change my mind about. The only option on Disney's site is a standard room. I want a balcony room. If I call Disney can I get a package with the upgraded room? If so will the room rate be comparable to what I see on the Marriott site?

I want to book a stay at the Swan. I was planning to use the Disney site to book it as a package with tickets. With so much uncertainly this past year, I'd rather be able to make a $200 deposit on room and tickets combined instead of putting out the full price for everything and holding tickets that I can't change my mind about. The only option on Disney's site is a standard room. I want a balcony room. If I call Disney can I get a package with the upgraded room? If so will the room rate be comparable to what I see on the Marriott site?
It's best to book the Swan using the swananddolphin.com website. There's a AAA discount and it typically costs a lot less. You also have a more flexible cancellation policy. What nights are you looking for?

Honestly, here’s what I’d do. I’d book the package with the tickets and pay the $200 deposit. That way you can get your park reservations. Then book the room you really want through the Marriott website or app (getting any potential discounts - and checking back now and again for price drops). Once the trip is 100% a go, cancel the package and buy park tickets separately. Nothing will happen to your park reservations when you cancel (if things are still working as they are today). That way you get park reservations locked down but you also get the benefit of Marriott discounts and price drops. The only downside is you’ll have to pay the $200 deposit to Disney and a one night deposit to Marriott. All fully refundable - just keep an eye on cancellation deadlines.

Using the Marriott and booking a government discounted rate, it seems to make you pay in full at the point of booking, although it is refundable if you cancel. Is that always the case ? A standard booking doesnt seem to take any immediate payment.

Using the Marriott and booking a government discounted rate, it seems to make you pay in full at the point of booking, although it is refundable if you cancel. Is that always the case ? A standard booking doesnt seem to take any immediate payment.
That’s a known (to them, I mean) glitch in the system since S/D rolled into Marriott. It shows you that, but it only charges you one night. I’ve had two govt rate ressies so far and only been charged the one night 👍. Still makes you pucker up when you click “book it” though! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter