Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm thinking about booking a package through Costco because the prices are quite decent compared to buying it all myself. Only issue is, there is no availability the first few days we'd like to stay. We're happy to stay somewhere else for those days, but the tickets that come with the package only start from the day of the package. Has anyone found a way around this? I know I could pay for another few days of tickets, but it'd save quite a bit if I could just extend the package tickets.

Is it possible that some of us are guilty of over-planning? It’s something our parents never did. They just got to WDW, and made do with what options were given.

I am amazed at how focused we are on linens, toilet paper quality, shampoo, closet space, etc. I feel this need to over-plan probably is causing more anxiety/stress to what should be a relaxing vacation.

I’m not talking about Swan/Dolphin details that would 100% affect our trip: bus schedules, food service after 10pm, etc.

and I can’t be the only person who has wondered this. The next time I worry about whether or not fireworks/character breakfasts/etc will be around, I look at World News and get a healthier perspective

that’s all.

Is it possible that some of us are guilty of over-planning? It’s something our parents never did. They just got to WDW, and made do with what options were given.

I am amazed at how focused we are on linens, toilet paper quality, shampoo, closet space, etc. I feel this need to over-plan probably is causing more anxiety/stress to what should be a relaxing vacation.

I’m not talking about Swan/Dolphin details that would 100% affect our trip: bus schedules, food service after 10pm, etc.

and I can’t be the only person who has wondered this. The next time I worry about whether or not fireworks/character breakfasts/etc will be around, I look at World News and get a healthier perspective

that’s all.

I don't think they had the options we did! We also know that the more time we put into the vacation to make it what we want it to be, the happier we are. But when it's over, we focus on planning for the next time. It's like a drug!

Remember, you can always call or text for as many towels as you want.

Though it might work better if you’re trying to get towels soon (as in, please bring them right now), rather than just a general request.

In my experience a couple of weeks ago, it took 1.5 days from first request for new towels to actually getting some. In hindsight, rather than believing that they would honor an appointment, I should have just asked for some immediately.

We were just there last month - requested housekeeping 4 different times. 2 times no one came, the third time they knocked on our door at 10:00pm even though we have requested a 7:00am appointment. We said no and complained. 4th time we actually got a note under our door saying they would not clean our room since we were checking out "soon" - my guess is because there was a convention group arriving. We did complain again after that, though we never actually got our room cleaned during the entire 8 day stay. Just an FYI for the people asking a couple pages ago. We found the shampoo/conditioners/soaps/lotions to be fine. We were able to get more of those (and towels/waters/cups/etc) by asking the housekeeping carts down the halls. We also were able to get new pillows when we requested. That was a fast delivery to our room. We did enjoy our stay overall though, just wish the housekeeping and front desk service was better.

Wow, you’re making me feel better for going down to the desk and complaining to the manager after housekeeping missed two appointments. He called a supervisor while I was standing there. The next day, the third appointment was honored.

I have a question about the bus situation.
How are they handling scooters since they are not using Disney buses? Can the busses that are being used take scooters?

that’s all.
This is why it is great we are all different and have a board like this one where all the discussions can be had. What stresses you or causes you anxiety (what you label over-planning) may be exactly what I enjoy prior to a vacation and then because I over planned, I can have my fully relaxing vacation knowing I have covered everything I can cover and have answers to most of my questions whether I end up needing them or not. Some people just fly by the seat of their pants, others plan. Some worry about pool lines and others are interested in closet space. Everyone has their own areas that cause issue and, again, that is why it is great we can get together and help everyone out with the answers--to decrease their stress and anxiety even if just a little.

I'm reserving suite that is 1 King Bed, Premium Deluxe Room. For non-refundable rate, I see LIMITED VIEW, and for refundable rate, this limited view is not noted. Can anyone give me some information about this before I book. Thanks!

AAA discount for the Swan, Dolphin, and Reserve look great. I would save a few hundred at Dolphin over a moderate Disney resort. Thinking about switching if Disney allows that without penalty.

I'm reserving suite that is 1 King Bed, Premium Deluxe Room. For non-refundable rate, I see LIMITED VIEW, and for refundable rate, this limited view is not noted. Can anyone give me some information about this before I book. Thanks!
There are now four room view types that I'm aware of;
  • No view
  • Limited
  • Traditional
  • Resort
  • Balcony is usually seen with the Resort view and is generally associated with a better view.

If it doesn't says No view or Limited you should be getting some type of "traditional" view, you might have a view of the parks, the S/D, etc. But you shouldn't end up with the famous dumpster or roof top view rooms. If you want a bit more control I'd say call the S/D direct during business hours and ask for in-house reservations.

There are now four room view types that I'm aware of;
  • No view
  • Limited
  • Traditional
  • Resort
  • Balcony is usually seen with the Resort view and is generally associated with a better view.

If it doesn't says No view or Limited you should be getting some type of "traditional" view, you might have a view of the parks, the S/D, etc. But you shouldn't end up with the famous dumpster or roof top view rooms. If you want a bit more control I'd say call the S/D direct during business hours and ask for in-house reservations.

What does Resort View means? Would it be the "best" view you could have?

This is probably the best description since it has actual images, though they have begun to change the names of the views.
S/D Room Views

Thanks much for the link

On my reservation for July (Dolphin) it says "best resort view". I typically hate subjective descriptions that are made to sound definitive. What if they think the "best" is overlooking the pool and I want to be able to see fireworks from Epcot or HS (that is, if they get reinstated?)

Last time (2018 - Dolphin) we could see the fireworks from all three parks (MK in the distance) from our rooms (across the hall from each other. I am hoping for that this time (again, subject to them putting them back on)

Sorry to ask this question, but I searched back a bunch of pages and can't find the in-house reservations (dolphin) telephone number. Am interested in pricing and availability for a two-room suite thanks to the awesome info learned here here and can't find that telephone number. If anyone has it handy, I'd appreciate it! Then, I'll need a miracle to convince my daughter to move from a pricey Christmas Boardwalk Inn stay to a dolphin stay with the rest of the family that will save us both $. :)

Last edited:
How is the soap, shampoo, and conditioner with regards to quality and size? I assume we can request more when we need it? Also, does anyone have success with the search feature in the forums? It seemed simple enough. I chose keyword shampoo and chose "This Thread" and the it said No results found. Same with searching on soap. Is there a trick to this? Thanks!
I have recently come across my stash of the Westin white tea/aloe products from our stay last year. I LOVE the scent of these products, and the hair conditioner is much better than what I had been using. Though it is expensive, I have been considering buying some of the full-size products from the Westin website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter