Walt's Warriors (Team 7) Miles and Hours

Completed the Reindeer Run 5k on Saturday! 3.12 miles in 38 minutes. I did it with my mother who hasn't raced since we did about 45 minutes in July in a 5k. We both won age group awards (there was a pretty small turnout!;) ) It was about 34 degrees- again,

Here we are with our awards (ornaments).
iphonenov2008145-1.jpg

I ran another 3 miles after the race to make it a semi-long run.

Sunday- 2 miles with Emma for an average pace of 16:32/mile. She whined, but she finished and at least says she's willing to try again. We'll see...

Jen in GA

Jen - isn't your mom doign the half with you? :confused3

Jim - If outdoor chores count, firefighting definitely does!

Roxy - So jealous of you beign done with your 20-miler.

Kate - lol, it feels liek a week when you're doing it.

Tracy - I am so jealous! great job getting your miels in while on vacation!

Did 8.5 Saturday in 1:35. Only need 8, but the path is an 8.5 loop and it was too cold to walk the last half mile. Way to go warriors!!!

My spreadsheet is up to date. WIll do online tomorrow.

Carrie- yep, my mom is doing the half with me. Another friend was going to join her, but she's decided she doesn't want to run and will just come for the fun (I'm hoping she'll take Emma to Main Street to cheer!)

My mom is fluctuating between terror and confidence. She hasn't trained enough, but I'm pretty sure we can meet our goal of finishing. She's mad at herself for not training more and already talking about next year... :laughing:

Jen in GA

Jen: YEAH!!! You and your Mom did great!!

And yeah for us Warriors! Another end of the year race in the book. Double miles and double times for us!!

GO Warriors - we rock!!

Tracy

Hey Warriors!!!

Disney was fun of course! All t-shirts were 40% off and all ornaments were 50% off. Visited all 4 parks. Saw the osborne lights. DD loved them. At least it looked like she did. I don't know if anyone here watches Deadliest catch, but captain Sig from the northwestern was in Norway signing autographs. I totally :lovestruc that show. Line was very long, so I didn't wait, but did get some pics.

Saw 2 people in EPCOT on Sunday with WISH backpacks. No idea who they were. Tried to catch up but they were fast walkers!!

Did 30 minutes on friday of the 30 day shred. Lots of walking of course this weekend but forgot my garmin in the car. I plan on running tomorrow AM. I'm lacking a bit of motivation right now. So much to do before DD and I leave for NC for 2 weeks on Saturday! :scared1: I hope to get in an 8-9 miler at some point in NC. I hope that's enough. I plan on a bunch of shorter runs and hikes . not worried about finishing the 1/2, just about doing it as fast as I would like. Now that I've run my first 1/2, I feel like I HAVE TO beat that time.

Anyhow, keep up the good work warriors!!!

Amy

Hey Warriors!

Did 1.5 miles last night with an average pace of 15 minutes with Emma running and the boys in the stroller. I think in the future I'll have her run a mile or so with me and then swing by the house and pick up her bike so I can get in a couple faster miles... Maybe I can get Emma and my mom to run together so I can go at my own pace. :laughing: Actually, I don't mind- it's fun to have the company.

Jen in GA

Jen - I love your family affair running! It'd eb nice if you coudl get some at your pace, but with your body still recovering, it's probably good that httey slwo you down a bit. ;)

Amy - SOUnds wonderful. WOnder if you saw Lily and Ted? She's tehre and has a back pack. They were given out at the Friday meet last year by kareneast and space ranger. Very cool.

I did my 60 min on the indoor track. If it werent; for teh fact that it was my last 60 min weekeday run, I would have scrapped it. So, I was slow, but did 5.3 miles. Followed that with Yoga with Satan. Ugh. Instructor is an abs fiend. I need ot work on it, but pushed ot teh point of worrying tha tI might have hurt something or would soon if I continued. That seems a bit extreme to me. :guilty:

so targetted hill running as my major downfall. Actually anything but flat/downhill. Ran up and down a 400m stretch for 5miles, 44 mins. Lots of stretching- 10 mins right after and another 10 bit later on. Ouchy. Need to keep doing that. Anyone find hill sessions help endurance?

Great job everyone

The last 2 days have been L(sloooooooooooooow)R days for me.

Yesterday i did 11.7 miles in 2:01 (run 7/walk 1)

Today I WAS going to get up early and do 20+, but, when the alarm went off I of course, hit the snooze button and went back to sleep (Sometimes I am SUCH a lazy @(#^@#*$^ ).

So. I ended up getting out of the house about 10:30 (when it was HOT (someone stole fall again)) and put it 15.3 miles in 2:46 (run 4/ walk 1). I could have gone farther, but my camelback ran dry and I did not want to flirt with hypovolemia in the heat (as I have unwisely done many times in the past)

Over the last 2 days: 27 miles in 4:47. (2/3 of a Goofy)

My biggest problem is that when I run alone I Get So Freakin' Bored That I Cannot Stand It sometimes.

It will be really nice to actually be in the Goofy with other people around me.

Hey Jim! :wave2: My Northern Neighbor!! Sorry to hear you had some issues with you run. Well, good to have a stonker now than during the Goofy!!

Got in 4 miles after work. 58min 7sec.

Can't wait to see all the Warriors at the Wish MEET in Jan!!

Tracy

Saw 2 people in EPCOT on Sunday with WISH backpacks. No idea who they were. Tried to catch up but they were fast walkers!!
Amy
That was DH and I. I am sorry we missed each other.

Lily: I left you a message Thursday night and sent you a text on Sat.
Tracy
Awww, I did not get those messages. Wonder where they went? Sorry to have missed you.

We did a lot of walking. DH was having a good couple of days with different meds doc gave him and he was feeling well enough to be walking more. Only problem is that I picked up some sort of "bug" and wasn't feeling all that great. It was still nice to be there and was much warmer than home. Finally feeling a bit better. When we got home this afternoon I proceeded to nap and then a home cooked meal must have been what I needed. I think my problem was over-dosing on food. Definitely, I did not make a majority of wise eating choices.

Jim, sorry about that early morning w/o. 1:00 a.m. is not a good call. Yeah, you will have many friends to chat with on your journey in January. Most everyone is friendly along the course.

Yesterday was day 1 of my next 1/2 marathon training...and I have a cold!:sad2:

But I just could not let that get in my way, so I did my planned 3 miles anyway! It was a little rough and very cold outside, but at least I did it.
3 miles in 39 minutes.

Now let's just see if I can beat the cold again and do the 3 miler on tap for tonight!

Tracy - I'll be getting in one more race for you! It's only a 3 miler this Sunday, but it's a FREE race and it counts as double miles!:woohoo:

Kate - I haven't done hill training since high school, but it most deifintely helps endurance.

Jim - Sorry about the yucky run. I would never train if I had to go on my own, so hats off to you!!!

Lily - Not feeing wel lin WDW? How awful! Glad you are doign ebtter now!

Michelle - DOn't push too hard to get runs in when you're sick. If you really feel bad, pushing your body too much will jsut make it worse. Not knwoing how sick you were, I'll assume it wasn't too bad adn say greeat job of not using your cold as an excose not to run! (I would have ;) )

Did 3.5 miles in 40 min last night. Long day today. Left the hosue at 6 am and am quickly runnign out of steam. :faint:

Hey Wariors, sorry I haven't been here posting my miles. Work, Christmas and getting ready to leave for WDW on the 31st has me going in all directions.

My totals for last week: (if it isn't too late) 15.4 miles and 214.47 minutes.

So far this week:
Sunday, 6 miles and 87:18 minutes
Monday, 3 minutes 45:06 minutes
Tuesday, 3 miles 37 minutes

Keep at it Warriors!!!!!

just a tough 4.8miles to report- 43 mins (and 10mins- you know what for!).

Keep at it everyone, i know i'm struggling possibly due to the time of year but you're all storming on and i'm very proud of each and every one if you :cheer2:

Hey warriors...Busy Busy week for me...not exercise wise though. DD and I leave for NC on saturday morning. SO SO much to do. :scared1: And when I think about the 1/2 being in 3 weeks, :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: I won't have internet access, but will check in with miles and minutes from my crackberry. I expect to rack up some miles with some hikes we're planning.

Tuesday 12/16 3.75 miles, 45 minutes
Thursday 12/18 30 minutes shred DVD

Lily, so sorry we missed each other. I was not really expecting to see anyone with WISH stuff on, and I was so surprised to look up and see those backpacks! I hope you are feeling better!!

I think that I have three weeks to post if I missed one let me know the dates and I will check my log.

1 - 28 miles - 4:35
2 - 24 miles - 4:00
3- 18 miles - 3:00

Hey wonderful warriors!!!

You all are doing great keeping up your miles and times during this part of the year!!!! Also, those that have and are going to partcipate in a end of the year race - YEAH YOU!!!!!!!!

Hang in there everyone and try to get in yur times!!!

I did 4 miles tonight after work. 5 min warmup and 5 min cooldown. 4 miles in 57 min 33 sec.

Tracy

PS - Don't forget we want to try and get a WARRIOR photo during the WISH meet in Jan!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter