WandaVision SPOILERS thread

I thought I was the only one - never finished the first X-Men movie - so wondered what the big deal was when I saw comments on social media alluding to a surprise appearance before I watched the episode last night. Hopefully this doesn't mean I have to go back and try again to watch the X-Men movies to know what's going on.

I love the XMEN movies but you really have to take them at face value. The whole continuity got messed up after the first 3 releases, so don't think to hard or try to follow timelines as it wont make sense.

The first 3 movies are in some sort of proper timeline
XMen
XMEN The Last Stand

Then watch Logans Timline / arc
XMen Origins Wolverine
The Wolverine
Logan

Then watch
XMen First Class
XMen Days of Future Past
XMen Apocalypse
Dark Phoenix

I thought I was the only one - never finished the first X-Men movie - so wondered what the big deal was when I saw comments on social media alluding to a surprise appearance before I watched the episode last night. I actually had to read a recap to get it. Hopefully this doesn't mean I have to go back and try again to watch the X-Men movies to know what's going on.

Well, I wouldn't recommend them for the most part. I liked the first one, but never really liekd 2 despite how popular it was. 3 is pretty bad too. First Class is actually good, but the one after that, Days of Future Past was so awful i never wathced another one. That character doesn't show up until Days of Future Past which was a sorta-kinda time travel reboot anywya - but I never saw the ones after that. They just...aren't good. I am surprised they want to hitch them together considering.

I'm not crazy about bringing in anything from the Fox X-Men franchise as I don't really care for those movies. For me it had no emotional punch. It is definitely a "what the..." moment but I dunno.

I still want a DarcyWu show!
Deadpool and Deadpool 2 don't count?

My own theories on the show so far, especially latest episode...

Wanda is not fully in control of "The Hex" and she is being helped/manipulated by something/one.

Agnes is actually Agatha Harkness a mentor/friend of Wanda from the comics. At least in the beginning.

Ralph (Agnes husband) could actually be Mephisto from the comics, which would explain the amount of power Wanda is wielding. (she is being helped)

As you noticed, her grip on the show/Hex reality is waning the closer they get to present day. Coincidence or not?? Which is culminating to something specific?

Her children are outside her Hex reality and the real worlds reality, they were created from thin air. From the comics, they were created from the essence of Mephisto which makes sense if he is manipulating Wanda.

X-men Pietro (Peter- Quicksilver) was not created by Wanda or pulled in by her. I am also thinking that he was not brought in by Agnes or Mephisto. I think Doctor Strange found him in the other multiverse (which could lead into DS2 movie), is knowing/seeing what is going on in Westview and is attempting a different strategy (more surgical) in dealing with it and talked Peter(Quicksilver) into helping him fix the situation.

Do the X-Men movies exist in the MCU? Not as canon, but literally as movies? Because the Star Wars movies do, and Footloose, and Aliens, and LOTR, and Flash Gordon, etc. Perhaps MCU Wanda saw Days of Future Past?

Is that too weird?

Cast, when they scanned her head, when she was being evaluated after waking up from being cast out. The screen showed a blank screen. Why would her head screen be blank if not changed or changing into her comic book powers?

Cast, when they scanned her head, when she was being evaluated after waking up from being cast out. The screen showed a blank screen. Why would her head screen be blank if not changed or changing into her comic book powers?
Oh dang is there gonna be a showdown between her & Wanda???!!?!

She definitely had a weird facial response when they brought up Captain Marvel.

“She recast Pietro” :rotfl2:
I was insisting to my husband that it was the same actor, he insisted it wasn’t. Turns out I was thinking of the X-men Pietro. So I was right... enough.
The original Pietro is the Aaron Taylor-Johnson. Fun fact, he and Wanda played a romantic couple in Godzilla the same year their Marvel characters were introduced- Winter Soldier.

omg that is awesome about this actor from x-men. Did not catch that. Can’t wait to tell my kids.

What. This show resolves a few mysteries. And then giving you new ones. Glad to see show expanding. Time wise. I am starting to doubt that this is all Wanda. Or maybe it is like when you try to juggle too many things Wanda is losing control
yeah. Either Agnes has some power or Wanda is doing some of this “subconsciously” as Vision suggested in the episode.

My own theories on the show so far, especially latest episode...

Wanda is not fully in control of "The Hex" and she is being helped/manipulated by something/one.

Agnes is actually Agatha Harkness a mentor/friend of Wanda from the comics. At least in the beginning.

Ralph (Agnes husband) could actually be Mephisto from the comics, which would explain the amount of power Wanda is wielding. (she is being helped)

As you noticed, her grip on the show/Hex reality is waning the closer they get to present day. Coincidence or not?? Which is culminating to something specific?

Her children are outside her Hex reality and the real worlds reality, they were created from thin air. From the comics, they were created from the essence of Mephisto which makes sense if he is manipulating Wanda.

X-men Pietro (Peter- Quicksilver) was not created by Wanda or pulled in by her. I am also thinking that he was not brought in by Agnes or Mephisto. I think Doctor Strange found him in the other multiverse (which could lead into DS2 movie), is knowing/seeing what is going on in Westview and is attempting a different strategy (more surgical) in dealing with it and talked Peter(Quicksilver) into helping him fix the situation.
Sleeper, will you please do this every episode. It is so helpful!

I thought I was the only one - never finished the first X-Men movie - so wondered what the big deal was when I saw comments on social media alluding to a surprise appearance before I watched the episode last night. I actually had to read a recap to get it. Hopefully this doesn't mean I have to go back and try again to watch the X-Men movies to know what's going on.

I don't think you'll need to know X-Men movies for this show. It might hint at the multiverse, though.

Rewatch the X-Men movies. Quicksilver is fantastic in them.

Kids and I are watching now - I’ve seen them, but never in order and usually just in bits and pieces as it’s on TV and we catch them. They make a WHOLE lot more sense in full and in order!

Quicksilver doesn’t show up until the 5th movie, correct?

Kids and I are watching now - I’ve seen them, but never in order and usually just in bits and pieces as it’s on TV and we catch them. They make a WHOLE lot more sense in full and in order!

Quicksilver doesn’t show up until the 5th movie, correct?
He’s in Days of Future Past.
P.S. don’t let the kids watch Logan.

Honestly, while you are right that Quicksilver was a high-point, the movies just aren't that good to me. DOFP was pretty much unwatchable other than "that scene" with Quicksilver.

Last edited:
Loved the episode, and was ok with it until the end, when my DS10 (the "expert" all Marvel) -- said "I thought he was dead!!"
Wasnt the twin dead?

Loved the episode, and was ok with it until the end, when my DS10 (the "expert" all Marvel) -- said "I thought he was dead!!"
Wasnt the twin dead?

The twin, Pietro was dead - he died in Age of Ultron. Note that this wasn't the same character, but the version of "Quicksilver" from the X-Men movies. They are both based on the same comic character, but had very different takes. In the X-Men movies he goes by Peter instead of Pietro because they Americanized the character.

The twin, Pietro was dead - he died in Age of Ultron. Note that this wasn't the same character, but the version of "Quicksilver" from the X-Men movies. They are both based on the same comic character, but had very different takes. In the X-Men movies he goes by Peter instead of Pietro because they Americanized the character.

thanks so much !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter