Want to delete my old DISBoards account but can't remember password - Nobody is helping me!

disneymeblogging

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I have an old account on these boards, one I wrote a number of Trip Reports using, but I no longer want the account and want to delete all of my trip reports. The issue I have is that I can't log into my old account as I can't remember the email address I used (all the ones I thought it might be aren't working). I've used the 'Contact Us' feature on here a number of times asking for help to remove my data, and nobody is getting back to me! I don't know what else I can do, but I don't want my photographs and trip report showing on here anymore. Can anybody with Admin abilities help me?

You can't delete your account on the DIS. They don't allow for that and said because it's a message board it would mess up the threads.
I think it has to be a zombie account. Dead but alive at the same time.
Yes, you should be able to "kill" the account, but it is true if you delete the acct threads and posts go away too & cause issues with the board.
Keep trying to figure out which email you used & reset your password, etc. It's your best option.

Thank you all for responding. I really can't remember the details. I have the user name but I can't seem to use that to request a password reset. I've tried all of the email addresses I can think of, and used the 'Contact Us' option to try and see if any admin or mod can at least tell me the email address linked to the my old user name, but nobody is coming back time. Surely, if I'm requesting my data is removed it's a legal requirement for me to be able to do this? Failing that, I just want the trip reports deleted.

I'm sure personal info can be removed (from signature, etc), but getting into the acct is still probably necessary. Admin should have the option to send you a reset link, but it'll go to the email, so if you don't get the email it won't help much.

I'm sure personal info can be removed (from signature, etc), but getting into the acct is still probably necessary. Admin should have the option to send you a reset link, but it'll go to the email, so if you don't get the email it won't help much.
Right, they are going to (shouldn't) send password reset information (or do anything to an account) just because someone says it is theirs but cannot prove it (knowing neither the password nor associated email).

Not suggesting that the OP is lying, just that the admin would have no way to prove that she is who she says she is (in regards to the account).

Yeah, that's the issue. I honestly keep trying all the email addresses I have and none of them work. I wondered if they mods/admin/owner could see email addresses linked to usernames. If I could just find out the email I could probably sort all of this out myself 😭

Right, they are going to (shouldn't) send password reset information (or do anything to an account) just because someone says it is theirs but cannot prove it (knowing neither the password nor associated email).

Not suggesting that the OP is lying, just that the admin would have no way to prove that she is who she says she is (in regards to the account).

Yup, I can totally understand that. I'm so annoyed I can't remember the email address! Which is why I'm pleading with them to help me. Super annoying! 😭

I don't see any method in preferences or settings to delete an account. There is also no method to delete individual posts. So even if you did somehow get access, there would be no way to delete them without an administrator help. You could try reporting each post, but I would question why you want to delete the trip reports anyway and I agree with another poster here, it would mess up the linear nature of threads and you wouldn't be able to delete your posts if they were quoted by another user.

Yup, I can totally understand that. I'm so annoyed I can't remember the email address! Which is why I'm pleading with them to help me. Super annoying! 😭
With tens of thousands of users, I don't know how they would know which account is yours. Even if you know the username, I wouldn't see them just handing over an email address associated with a user name anyway. I don't see any way that they can actually help in this situation.

Yes, you should be able to "kill" the account, but it is true if you delete the acct threads and posts go away too & cause issues with the board.
Keep trying to figure out which email you used & reset your password, etc. It's your best option.
I beleive if a user account is "deleted" the posts don't necessarily go away unless admin specifically deletes them. I have seen certain posts in some online forums have some generic username indicating the user was removed, deleted or something similar.

Thanks for your comments. I just don’t want my photos to be on here anymore. Personal reasons I don’t really want to go into here. Even if I can’t delete the entire threads, I just want to delete the photos as least. They’re from many years ago now, so I’m not even sure anyone is reading/commenting on them anymore anyway. I really am stuck 🙁

Thanks for your comments. I just don’t want my photos to be on here anymore. Personal reasons I don’t really want to go into here. Even if I can’t delete the entire threads, I just want to delete the photos as least. They’re from many years ago now, so I’m not even sure anyone is reading/commenting on them anymore anyway. I really am stuck 🙁
Are the photos hosted somewhere else? I know years ago in the older iterations of the forums, photos had to be hosted on some other site like Photobucket or Flickr and then the image here was just an embedded link to that photo. If that is the case, then just removing the photos from wherever they are hosted will nix the photos from showing up here. How long ago did you post the trip reports?

Are the photos hosted somewhere else? I know years ago in the older iterations of the forums, photos had to be hosted on some other site like Photobucket or Flickr and then the image here was just an embedded link to that photo. If that is the case, then just removing the photos from wherever they are hosted will nix the photos from showing up here. How long ago did you post the trip reports?

Oh, that’s really helpful, I hadn’t even thought about that. The trip reports are from years ago! If I look at the trip reports there’s a watermark across the images so maybe if I try and see if that’s something I can log in to, I can remove the photos that way. That’s really helpful, thank you ❤️

Oh, that’s really helpful, I hadn’t even thought about that. If I look at the trip reports there’s a watermark across the images so maybe if I try and see if that’s something I can log in to, I can remove the photos that way. That’s really helpful, thank you ❤️
Yeah, photobucket watermarks all embedded photos unless you upgrade to their paid plans. So if you have access to whatever site is hosting them, you can delete them there and it will get rid of the photos here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter