Wanted to share the dress I made for my DD7's 1st trip!

lazydazy8

DIS Veteran
MinnieMally.jpg

I made this for my DD7's first trip to meet The Mouse. I can't WAIT to see she and Minnie side by side! (My DD's first initial is also "M"!)

How cute! Boy, I wish I had half your sewing skills. That will make a great picture!

I'm bumping your very cute dress for the morning crowd :). Did you use a t-shirt for the top?

Besides sewing the ruffled tiers, it is SOOO simple! I am going to make her another one (maybe with Tink fabric?) for the trip.

You do NOT need to be an avid sewer. If you have a machine, you can do a basic dress. The applique at the top takes a bit more skill, but it doesn't need it.

Here is a pic of a basic T dress (I made Mally one and her two girlfriends that we took to a tea room for her little princess party!)

MallyPartyDressSmall.jpg

If you'd like directions for a basic T dress, please PM me. I am happy to give you my directions!

Thank you for the wonderful comments. It's SEW fun to prepare for the trip by creating things!

My Mally(Malorie) would love something like that. I don't have a machine but my neighbor does. I think it's time I learn to sew. I'm pming you.

The dress is absolutely adorable. You should definately make more. :thumbsup2

lazydazy8 said:
I didn't know there was a sewing section!? How do I find it?? LOL

Sorry, I am wrong. I was sure that there was one, but it is just the general Arts & Crafts section.

My brain is fried from so much stress from the trip prep. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter