Warmest resort pool in winter

Hopingforpixiedust

Mouseketeer
I’m trying to plan a trip for next year at New Years. We would love to swim. On our last New Years trip we went to universal and the sapphire falls pool was so warm! The air was only about 67 but it was still so comfortable for swimming. (This is coming from me, who thinks every pool is cold!) We might repeat sapphire falls, but we are looking for suggestions. What experience do you have? Also, venturing out of Orlando, anyone have experience with warm Tampa area pools? Thanks!

It really depends on what temperature the pool heat is kept at and the size of the pool. We have two pools in my subdivision and they are set at 89°.
I swim every other day all year.
I have heard Disney sets their temps at 83°.
Other factors affect temp/how the water feels.
Cold (I'm a local, anything below 65 is cold LOL) overnight. That will cool the pool for morning swims.
Rain will cool the water and take awhile to warm back up.
My recommendation for what it's worth, since swimming will be an important part of your vacation, call ahead to the places you're interested in and ask what temp their pool(s) are heated to. Larger pools take longer to warm up and cool off easier. Example. As a PP above stated, Storm Along Bay has a lot of moving water. It's nearly impossible to keep the heat in.

We've been consistently told, at multiple different resorts, that they keep the pool at 82 degrees and the hot tubs at 104. Whether it feels that way to you will depend a lot on the air temperature and your own body temperature. But I don't think the pools go much above 82.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter