Warning! Scam related to Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinkerbellRules

DIS Veteran
Warning!

From the Indiana State Police.

They are warning people of phone scams collecting money for the fallen firefighters in NYC. Be careful if you get any of these calls. Question the callers and call to verify the agencies are collecting money BEFORE you give credit card numbers or money. I received an “unknown caller” on my caller ID yesterday (9/12), but answered it anyway (I normally don't). The man said “Mrs. ****”. I said “is this a sales call?” He said, “Mrs. ***, I’m calling on behalf of the Indiana State Troopers”. I said “this is NOT a day to be making solicition calls!!!” and hung up. I was so upset someone would try to solicit. Then I realized who he said he was calling for. I felt a little bad, but thought it was still in poor taste to call people. I have not received any other solicitation call from ANYONE. I believe this was the scam they were talking about. SICK PEOPLE!! Please be careful. These people are playing on our emotions and grief.

its always best to stick with known organizations such as the Red Cross or Salvation Army, don't let these scammers pressure you and by all means do not give your credit card number to them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter