Warning: Walmart Rant Ensues

Alright all ready - we'll all be golly gee willikers good friends -
Let all sing Kumbia my Lord, braid each others hair and talk about boys.

Don't start that again. And my hair isn't long enough to braid, and neither is Rob's. You can paint my nails though. I could use a good manicure....:hug:

Don't start that again. And my hair isn't long enough to braid, and neither is Rob's. You can paint my nails though. I could use a good manicure....:hug:

Will I get a tip? :)

Depends on how nice the polish looks. If you do a good job, then yes. If it looks like my 3 yr old painted them, then no.princess:

Depends on how nice the polish looks. If you do a good job, then yes. If it looks like my 3 yr old painted them, then no.princess:

And what does Rob have to do?
Does it involve wax? ::yes::

Friends don't HAVE to do anything. You were the one wanting to braid hair and sing happy songs...

Rob and I bond over our love of Project Runway, Top Chef, Harry Potter, theatre, etc.

Friends don't HAVE to do anything. You were the one wanting to braid hair and sing happy songs...

Rob and I bond over our love of Project Runway, Top Chef, Harry Potter, theatre, etc.

. . . Off Kilter . . . Food & Wine Festival . . .

FYI - Wally is much more high maintenance than Rob!

I still think Rob should have to wax something for you - and then himself.
He's one hairy water buffalo ya know. ;)

I'm so white I keep being told I have Snow White's coloring... and I'm always stopped on the way out of Walmart to check my receipt.

We had a thread maybe 6 months back about Walmart... and I wasn't a fan then; but right now I am ABSOLUTELY LIVID!

I am pretty sure I was racially-profiled at our local store today. I took my mom in to do her shopping. I picked up a few things like detergent, shampoo, yogurt and a book. The total was about $66. Since my mom was still shopping, I took the book, bought a lemonade in the instore McDonalds, and waited. On my way out, I was stopped by the "Greeter" who wanted to see my receipt. I couldn't find it (it was in my book) and he wasn't going to let me leave!!!! He sent me to customer service but I found the dang thing enroute to CS, showed it to him, and was able to escape with my groceries. WHAT THE HECK!!!!

Even though my mom mostly pretends she's white (she's a little old lady -- give her a break) -- she was upset enough about this that she mentioned the racial angle (It actually hadn't occurred to me but the store is pretty close to the White Mountain Apache Reservation) and Lord Knows some white folks DO think we all look alike...

My mom loves going to Walmart but even she's having second thoughts about shopping there again. I AM NEVER EVER EVER BUYING ANYTHING THERE EVER EVER AGAIN. I buy about $100/week on groceries alone. Assuming I live another 20 years, that is more than $100,000 that Walmart ain't gonna see.

These were groceries for pitysakes -- not a TV or a Game Console. I was so embarrassed when I was in the store and now I'm MAD!!!!!!!

My other thought was did you have anything large? Like a broom, storage box? Anything too big or not in a bag? Our walmart ALWAYS stops and checks reciepts .....QUOTE]

Wal-Mart and many other stores does the same thing here in Jersey. If it's in a bag, they tell you to go through. If it's in hand, or our of the bag they check reciepts. It is their general policy. I would like to think that being the book was in the person's hand, that's why he was stopped. Hopefully race didn't play into it.

I do love me some Wal-Mart!!!

My other thought was did you have anything large? Like a broom, storage box? Anything too big or not in a bag? Our walmart ALWAYS stops and checks reciepts .....QUOTE]

Wal-Mart and many other stores does the same thing here in Jersey. If it's in a bag, they tell you to go through. If it's in hand, or our of the bag they check reciepts. It is their general policy. I would like to think that being the book was in the person's hand, that's why he was stopped. Hopefully race didn't play into it.

I do love me some Wal-Mart!!!

Wallmart schmallmart! Who cares.
Ahhh - JoeyAnyc You're yummy! :flower3:
Can I go through your bag?

Unless there is some form of warning that this is procedure before you pay for your items I don't find this reasonable. It's not a matter of choosing not to shop somewhere because of a normal operating procedure if you don't know that procedure exists before you hand them your money.

Whether one agrees with their practices or not, WalMart - any retail establishment - is a private business and can, within reason (and requiring presentation of a current receipt from customers leaving the establishment with purchases IS reasonable) set its own rules. Persons disagreeing with any or all of those rules are FREE to not patronize that establishment.

I wish this poopin' thread would die. It was a BAD day -- nobody else got stopped & there was sumthin' NOT right about what happened. What that sumthin' was, is debatable -- but I'm over it now.

Since that day, I've been living Walmart-free and so far, surprisingly, I've not experienced any significant withdrawal pangs. (I was slightly tempted when they were advertising Toshiba lap-tops for $498 but have since bought a very nice reconditioned business quality Dell for DS from ECost for $379.) It's been kinda like going Monetarily Vegan. It feels good. :thumbsup2

p.s. -- last time I checked, I was a <albeit pretty dang old>girl. :) :rotfl2: :)

OK, I can totally feel the flames coming, so I'm braced. PREFACE...I haven't read the pages of posts...only the OP...I HATE WAL-MART!!!!
I'm really not sure the word HATE describes fully my feeling. I avoid it at all costs. Any time I think; "well, I'm going to have to make 4 other stops, or I can go to Wal-Mart", I always come out cursing my decision to "save time"...
Their prices aren't really any better, and the customer service-or lack thereof-always infuriates me.
I gleefully join the "I HATE WAL-MART" crowd!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter