Washing machine not filling up with enough water

Ghost thread

Is the topic no longer relevant?

We love our Speen Queen washer. It's heavy duty commercial quality and made in the USA. It has a great warranty and I can fill it to the tippy top even before clothes go in. When I want piping hot water (with bleach) for a load of white towels, I can have as much as I want. If dh's work clothes are super dirty, I can set it to have a 2nd or even 3rd rinse.
Not a single drop of water that I use ever leaves the earth.
It's a few years old and no problems with it. It wasn't cheap but I'd buy another in heartbeat.

All these water-conserving regulations actually increase water usage. Have one of those one-gallon-per-flush toilets? How many times do you have to flush to get everything to go down? The new washers are the same--smaller loads to get clothes clean mean more loads washed thus more water used.

Is the topic no longer relevant?

We love our Speen Queen washer. It's heavy duty commercial quality and made in the USA. It has a great warranty and I can fill it to the tippy top even before clothes go in. When I want piping hot water (with bleach) for a load of white towels, I can have as much as I want. If dh's work clothes are super dirty, I can set it to have a 2nd or even 3rd rinse.
Not a single drop of water that I use ever leaves the earth.
It's a few years old and no problems with it. It wasn't cheap but I'd buy another in heartbeat.

I posted on here in 2015 and my 1984 Maytag lasted til 2018 when I bought my Speed Queen set.

Been happy with the TR7 ever since. I went to the website to check for changes and they appear pretty much the same, except the price: Just wow! I paid a little over $1000. Now in 2021, the washer is $1379msrp. Plus tax delivery haulaway whatever.

The worst was the dryer price: $1379 also. In 2018 it was about $100 cheaper than the washer, but a dryer is pretty much a dryer, for Pete's sake.

So, I recommend the product. I love it, but not sure I'd spend the heavily increased amount. Great product but, did production costs increase 40%??

I know this is a ghost thread but it has renewed my interest in a Speed Queen washing machine. I found the TR-7 locally on sale for $1099. My dh and I are going to purchase it this weekend. Can’t believe how excited a washing machine makes me.

We bought a speed queen last year. It was the new tech for washing top loader. It did not use enough water and It made a tie of dirt on every load. We tried everything. Different detergents, different cycles, all kinds of hoops they made me jump through. They sent a technician three different times. Tried to blame everything but the machine. Had nerve to tell me that maybe I should have better searched for a machine that would fit my needs. Um, I need a washer that cleans. I couldn't even get my sheets clean. The company was very rude and nasty to me. I had to fight to make them take it back. Also the dryer had issues and caused burn marks and if you complained they replaced the drum. I replaced it with an Electrolux and it's been great. The water issues being regulated from the government is rediculous and I do feel bad for these companies trying to comply. If it doesn't wash the clothes, what's the point. There is zero savings if you have to re run loads. Hopefully you will have better luck.

All these water-conserving regulations actually increase water usage. Have one of those one-gallon-per-flush toilets? How many times do you have to flush to get everything to go down? The new washers are the same--smaller loads to get clothes clean mean more loads washed thus more water used.
Urinate never more then once. Number 2, Kohler toilet. Frequently once occassionally 2
Uses more water is a myth.

There is a big difference with low water toilets. Better ones work fine

Urinate never more then once. Number 2, Kohler toilet. Frequently once occassionally 2
Uses more water is a myth.

There is a big difference with low water toilets. Better ones work fine

We never have to flush ours more than once. We have the American Standard Champion series.

Yes, to be green we must wear dirty clothes. The older detergent formulations also cleaned much better then the ones today.

Yes, to be green we must wear dirty clothes. The older detergent formulations also cleaned much better then the ones today.
Phosphates were banned nationwide in 1994 , earlier in some states.

Try different detergents. There is a big difference. Use a stain spray. as needed.

I'd prefer clean water over clean clothes. Enzymes in better laundry detergents do a good job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter