Water Bottle Solution

thedarksyde

I like food and star wars and disney and things
What water bottle do you use and how do you attach it. We have the large Nalgene bottles, which I think is too big and too heavy to carry around all day. I usually use a carabiner to attach it to my pants or belt. I think I want to bring a bottle, but am looking for one that you love.

Camelback backpack. Fill with ice at the resort and top off from the tub faucet. Stays cold all day. Handy storage for rain ponchos and first aid kit, plus room for snacks and souvenirs. Hands free.

I use either my imitation yeti ozark trail bottle (carabiner it to my backpack or goes in the bottle holder) or I have a collapsible silicone water bottle that I also clip to my bag. The ozark trail keeps cold/ice cubes all day and I refill it at QS, the silicone is more for cooler weather trips since we don't drink as much. Neither are more than 24oz size bottles.

Hopping on to ask if anyone has tried the bottles with the filter in it - I don't relish the taste of FL water. Wondering if anyone had tried. Thanks!

Hopping on to ask if anyone has tried the bottles with the filter in it - I don't relish the taste of FL water. Wondering if anyone had tried. Thanks!
That's what I use. the $9.00 Brita. Been using them for years, everyone has their own color and they work on the Magic Kingdom sulfur water from the fountains.

I use the Cheeky Go Insulated Stainless Steel water bottle - 20 oz. I originally got mine at Target and then they stopped carrying them. Now I can only find them via 3rd party sites. It does great with keeping my ice water cold, even in the horrible august FL heat.

I hate carrying anything so I usually get the free cups of water at QS locations. I will carry around a bottle of water sometimes if I've opened one at the resort that morning. Then I just carry the bottle in my hand since I try to go bagless most of the time.

When I get thirsty, I get water at the QS locations. In between, I carry an 8 oz bottle of Poland Spring or similar water and refill it when I can. I try to minimize the weight of what I am carrying around and this seems to do the trick.

I prefer the Camelbak. My DW prefer the insulated Hydroflask - don't tell her I said this, but she is wrong. The Hydroflask is heavy and it's made of metal so you have to take it out as you go through security. I took just the Camelbak bladder on our last trip and put it in the backpack I was carrying. We ALL ended up using the Camelbak more. It's just easier to carry around and re-fill.
Edit to add:
The only advantage I can see with the Hydroflask is the water stays colder longer and you can get someone else to carry it for you - which is what my DW did. Can you put this in the backpack please ;)

I love using my Hydroflask. @Lumpy1106 is correct. It can be bulky, but I have my backpack if I’m out hiking. No big deal to me. I love my water cold.

We've tried them before but I felt like it didn't kill the taste at all locations, it still was funky at some spots. We do the liquid or powder flavoring packets as needed since in some locations the water isn't as bad. Not sure the rhyme or reason behind that but we've noticed that over time the water has slowly gotten to be less disgusting (or we've gotten used to it).

I have a Cirkul water bottle I will probably take because it dispenses flavor with every sip. I bought a carabiner to attach it to my backpack.

I have a Brita 20 ounce water bottle with filter. The filter gets rid of that nasty swamp water taste the Florida water has.

That’s good to hear! We bought two of these for our upcoming trip. I have been going to WDW since I was a kid and the taste of the water has always bugged me.

In the past we did hydro flasks. We always had a book bag and stroller for a while cause the kids were small. Now when we return we will use camel backs but that is because we have purchased some nice ones since living in a location that you do a lot of hiking.

I bought a couple collapsible water bottles for myself and my daughter (an adult size and a kid size) this time around, but usually I just use a Dasani bottle or whatever and keep filling it up. Since you can't drink and water I'm not sure you're at much of an advantage with a water bottle vs. QS, but I do suppose you get a little bit more at a time to stay hydrated and you don't have to wrestle with any crowds.

I have a carabiner with a black circle that will go over the lid of a plastic water bottle. That’s the lightest option. I’ve carried my Hydroflask as ice cold water is key for me. Last time, I used a 12 oz one because it’s lighter weight than a big one and I would just refill with free ice water cups from QS places. Since my last trip to Disney, I bought a 24 oz trail series Hydroflask and it really is lighter weight. I will likely take that one as my go to water bottle next trip. I’m jealous of those who use the Camelbaks, but I really try to carry nothing except my water bottle and what fits in my pockets!

We use the Brita 20 oz. sport bottles - they're lightweight, fit in the side pocket of a backpack, and sort of help with the taste of the water.

That's what I use. the $9.00 Brita. Been using them for years, everyone has their own color and they work on the Magic Kingdom sulfur water from the fountains.
I've used a Brita bottle in the parks, too! They work really well. They might not keep your water cold forever, but usually it's hot enough that you drink the whole bottle before it has time to warm up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter