Water in Anaheim?

yipee

Mouseketeer
Hi there again!

Just thought I would check to see if anyone has suggestions for dealing with the horrible taste of the water in Anaheim. There are 4 of us and we go through ALOT of water in a day (several litres) so buying bottled water would be super expensive! Last time we went, we just lived with the taste, but this time, I was hoping there would be a way to improve it? Thanks for any tips!

Denise

I try to drink a lot of water and sometimes I get bored with the taste, so when that happens I use Crystal Light. It's a powdered drink flavoring. It's light and easy to carry. Just add some to the bottom of your water bottle and you've got lemonade, fruit punch, etc ready to travel. You'll never notice the flavor of the water and just think of all the extra added minerals you'l be getting. :cool1:

When we were there in November we did not notice any bad taste to the water and at home we drink nothing but bottled water. When we first got there I was so dehydrated and we had not had a chance to stock up on bottled water yet so I took the chance and just drank the hotel tap water at the Annabella Hotel. Not only did I not find any bad taste but none of us had upset stomachs that you sometimes get from drinking water from a different source than you are used to.
When we finally got to Target we did purchase some Crystal Light drink crystals that came in the individual servings. My dd loved the flavors and they were so handy to just dump one in a waterbottle and shake it up. Sometimes we would make up a few ahead of time and put them in the freezer section of the little fridge in the room so they would thaw gradually all day.
You could also just buy a lemon or an orange and add a slice to a glass of water which would add a little bit of zest.

Hi, yipee!
In FL, our water is notoriously nasty with a VERY strong sulphur smell and chlorine taste.
I, too, bring the individual flavor packs (they are kind of straw-shaped) that you can get at Wal-Mart and add them to my water.
Another option, although I haven't tried one, is to get a Brita Water Filter Bottle, which filters your water right in the sports bottle.
A lot of DIS'ers rave about them, but they may be hard to find.
Good luck!
Rose :)

Brita makes filters with smaller individual water bottles that you can carry around. Check at your local outdoor sports store. It really improves the taste of the water.

If you can't find the Brita filters ( I'd look online ) you can always buy those huge containers of bottle water when you get to Anaheim and fill up your bottles everyday before you head to the park.
I've always thought the tap water in Orange County was awful ( I grew up there ) and it's even worse now that I live in Oregon and drink well water. My parents never could understand why I complained about the water until they moved north and now drink good water :)

We always bring two cases of bottled water from home (48 - 20 oz. of water). We learned after a few trips that the coffee makers in the hotels were calcium-filled, and the CA water horrible, so now be bring along the entire coffeemaker, filters, coffee grounds from home and use bottled water. So....just like home. :)

We sometimes use the bottled water to make gatorade (I buy powder -- cheaper) for taking in with us to the parks. Also, I stick a few bottles of plain bottled water in the freezer the night before. Throw a few in the bottom of the stroller and voila: nice ice cold water throughout the day.

If you're driving, consider bringing a case or two with you. $4 for 24 bottles vs. what is it -- $3 per bottle in the park? No contest. If you're flying in and getting a rental, you could always swing by a grocery store or Target to pick some up. If no car, there are some grocery delivery services in the area. Not sure on the specifics, and you'll probably pay a tad more, but still it's gotta be better than Disney prices.

Hope this helps!!

Pir8girl said:
you can always buy those huge containers of bottle water when you get to Anaheim and fill up your bottles everyday before you head to the park.

We do this everytime we go to Disneyland and save tons of money. Instead of using Nalgene or Nalgene-like water bottles, which can be a major pain to bring and carry around, we use this instead:

Platypus Water Bottle

It's very durable and collapses easily when you're done.

Edited to add:

I just saw a filter attachment for the above water bottle online. I don't have one, so I can't be sure, but I think it works as a water filter, so you'd be able to fill the bottle with regular fountain water from the parks, which is even better:

Platypus Filter Link

Edited to add #2: DH just told me that the attachment above is just a way to connect the water bottle to a filter system which you'd have to buy separately.

I've got a more ecnomical solution. One I discovered on our last trip to DL.

In the First Aid Station at the end of Main Street, they have a drinking fountain that is chilled and FILTERED. The water was so good. I was actually in there getting tylenol and mentioned something about forgetting my water bottle. Both the CM's working suggested that when I do have it, or if I bought one at the park, just make sure I come back in and refill with their water.

And as a bonus, there is sometimes a character or 2 hanging around in there. We had Mickey and Goofy to ourselves the whole time we were in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter