• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Watson's very merry 24 nighter TR. Day 17 - MK

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Day 17

We set our alarm for 8:30 this morning as we were heading into MK to meet up with Emma, Scott and Mason and Carrie and her mum Betty. They were all going for an early breakfast but we were meeting them mid morning.

We grabbed a quick breakfast on our way out, croissants on the go ;) we were running later than we wanted so we went to valet park at the Poly with the hope it would be a bit quicker. Sadly though we were mistaken. We headed out to catch the resort boat and were met with a mahoosive queue, it was all the way down the boardwalk, it must have been at least 3 full boat loads of people, and the trouble is that it stops at the grand Floridian first so every time it arrived there was no space. We said we were going to try the monorail only to find out it was down.... So that's why the big queues! We thought the big ferry from TTC would be better so we went there instead. Oh boy. It wasn't good. We waited for an absolute age, headed like cattle in the heat. We finally arrived out the front of MK by 11:15. 90 minutes after we arrived at the poly.

We went through the gates of MK and went to say a quick hello to Louis who was working, and then went through to find the others who were over in Tomorrowland.

We stopped on Main Street to get a couple of pics.

Our first Fastpass was for Buzz. Mason was still sleeping so Emma and Scott sat this ride out.

Unfortunately the ride broke down while we were on it. It properly broke down, the lights on, railings up, guns switched off and everything. Annoyingly this was just after I hit the top score! Gah! I did manage to get a picture before it was wiped though.

Pics of us with the lights up.

Mason was having his hair cut at 1pm so we wandered down Main Street to the barbers.

We passed the mayor on the way so we all grabbed a selfie with him.

We were a little early for Mason's haircut so we had to wait for awhile but we caught the end of the move it parade going by....

Was actually a cute place to watch it from as it was really quiet. I remembered this later in the trip for another parade ;)

It was then time for Mason to get his hair cut. We pottered about outside taking pics and then Carrie went inside to take some pics of him getting his cut.

We went to find some lunch next, the boys had decided they wanted hot dogs from Casey's and us girls went to get baked potatoes from Liberty market. On our way over we saw Mary Poppins just walking around the new Wishes Fastpass area, no wait to meet her or anything! So we stopped to say hello. Carrie had been having a cuddle with Mason so they went to say hello first while we all took pictures, he wasn't convinced by her lol.

We then all grabbed a picture.

Back on our way to liberty market to grab food. Sadly they were out of potatoes, Emma grabbed Mason some corn though so it wasn't a wasted journey over there. We decided to get chicken waffles from sleepy hollow instead. I'm glad we did now too as they've stopped doing them :( Seriously Disney sort it out, everyone loves those things! We grabbed a big table and luckily spotted the boys as they were walking back so called them over.

Lunch was good, everyone was full and happy. Afterwards Emma was wiping up Mason with baby wipes so I joined in with my baby...

Hahahahahahahahahaha I do love that man, he makes me laugh all the time.

We were off to ride Splash next but it was almost time for the parade so we got a spot in frontierland. Sy nudged me and said he thought there was something wrong with his face after the baby wipes.... Omg! He was Scarlett red! I panicked and envisaged a trip to a&e. He went to the bathroom to wash it off and the pain immediately started to wear off and the red started to subside. Turns out those baby wipes didn't agree with him....

This was him after he washed his face and it started to wear off.

Yikes.

We moved to the other side to watch the parade as there was room at the front for Mason to see.

Mason loved it! I took a lot of pics...

When it had finished we carried on our way to Splash. Carrie and her mum didn't want to ride so they stayed with Mason. We made the boys go in the front cause we didn't want to get too wet hehe. Poor boys hehehe

We then went to ride Pirates. This was another Fastpass so we didn't have long to wait at all. It was nice to be able to ride something all together.

Pics outside.

Afterwards we decided to say goodbye for now, it was 5pm and I was feeling a bit icky and needed a rest. We got the boat back to the poly and grabbed our car before heading back to AKL.

Back in the room we showered and got changed into warm clothes and then headed to the club lounge, it was Andrea's last day before she moved over to Disney Springs guest services so we wanted to say goodbye. We chatted for a little bit and tried to grab some pictures, the first was Brian's attempt lol

So we tried to get a selfie of us all together. It kinda worked the second time.

We ended up chatting longer than we intended so we didn't really have time for a rest, instead we headed back to magic kingdom.

Carrie and Betty were just getting ready to leave as we arrived so we said goodbye near talking Mickey. We grabbed a couple of pictures.

Tonight we had another ADR for Be Our Guest (check the night before people!). We checked in early and asked for shelly as our server. They did say it would be a short wait however 40 minutes went by and no one came to get us so we went to ask if we had been forgotten :-/ it was only about a five minute wait after that.

We had to pose with lumiere when we sat down...

Shelly was really pleased to see us and we chatted for ages. It was absolutely freezing inside there, even Sy was cold and that man lives in shorts all year round at home. That wasn't doing my tummy any favours and I started to feel poorly :( boo!

I had the same as the last time we were here chicken and chips LOL, Sy decided to go for the pork.

Shelly took a little while getting us the truffle mayo so she brought more fries in case ours had gone cold. The food was as yummy as before :)

We left just as wishes was going off overhead. Outside I started to feel a little better as it was warmer, we did start walking to the park exit but we stopped by Casey's to watch Celebrate the Magic. Love that show! <3 it makes me all teary and goosebumpy.

We walked further down Main Street towards the exit and then grabbed a spot to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade.

We left right after and made our way back to the hotel. We were totally beat! Straight to bed for us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter