• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

We were supposed to arrive on March 20th from Canada, and didn’t receive our magic band refund until a couple of days ago. It was definitely much later than we received our trip refund. So you may need to follow up if you would like the refund sooner.
Thank you. It's not urgent right now but as long as we do get a refund!

However, we need Disney to officially cancel before we can re-book through our TA.
Have you contacted your TA recently? WDW shifted from “closed thru 3/31/2020” to “closed until further notice” and I don’t expect any additional official announcements until WDW is ready to open. They have already removed ability to book anything (resort, tickets, ADRs, FP, extras, etc.) through May 31st. If that isn’t enough indication that the reservation will cancel, I guess you would have to wait for the 3rd party TA to accept the situation. I believe WDW is systematically cancelling in order of arrival date.

Sorry your trip is impacted, I hope you can reschedule soon!

Have you contacted your TA recently? WDW shifted from “closed thru 3/31/2020” to “closed until further notice” and I don’t expect any additional official announcements until WDW is ready to open. They have already removed ability to book anything (resort, tickets, ADRs, FP, extras, etc.) through May 31st. If that isn’t enough indication that the reservation will cancel, I guess you would have to wait for the 3rd party TA to accept the situation. I believe WDW is systematically cancelling in order of arrival date.

Sorry your trip is impacted, I hope you can reschedule soon!
Um I've been able to book fp for May 1st and 2nd. I have an ap so only can make fps 30 days in advance

Not that it means anything but Touring Plans is still showing the parks as being 'open' 4/19 and onward. I'm sure that will change as Disney 'officially' announces it's closed.

Not that it means anything but Touring Plans is still showing the parks as being 'open' 4/19 and onward. I'm sure that will change as Disney 'officially' announces it's closed.
Hours on mde or the website haven't changed, they show still operating starting the 19th. All fan sites will change once the official website changes

Didn’t see it posted yet, apologies if I missed it, but it’s officially closed the week we were supposed to go. Received the email notification this morning. Our trip dates were 4/20 - 4/25.

Knew it was inevitable but still bummed.

Didn’t see it posted yet, apologies if I missed it, but it’s officially closed the week we were supposed to go. Received the email notification this morning. Our trip dates were 4/20 - 4/25.

and still MDE and the site show it as open. I mean we all knew the parks were closed through April for sure, why can' they get their act together and just update the whole calendar through the end of the month?

Just curious, you received an e-mail from Disney directly?

Our trip begins first week of May and nothing yet about it being cancelled. I am leaving it all booked for the moment.

I'm using our June trip as a distraction to be honest. I fully accept that it might not happen and that's OK. But in the meantime I'm still planning it, that part I can still enjoy.
My June trip is our backup to May and I might really cry if we can't do June. I'm choosing a week in September and going to try to move our May resort booking to Sept. But, I would really rather not pull my kids out of school their first month back, but its looking that way. It's not really the 'trip of our dreams' like May was scheduled to be, but making the best out of everything.

My June trip is our backup to May and I might really cry if we can't do June. I'm choosing a week in September and going to try to move our May resort booking to Sept. But, I would really rather not pull my kids out of school their first month back, but its looking that way. It's not really the 'trip of our dreams' like May was scheduled to be, but making the best out of everything.

I think a lot of people will be doing what you are doing. Going to be a busy Sept-Dec this year I think.

I just changed my May trip to middle of June trip.

Not the person you asked :) , but I got an email this morning that WDW will be closed during my trip (April 17-19) and my reservation will be canceled unless I do it first. Not that it comes as any surprise, but it was still sad to get the email.

Thanks for the post. I have a stay starting Saturday and haven't received an e-mail. At least they are consistent with their inconsistent guest e-mail practices - standard operating procedure during normal times ! :cool:

I think a lot of people will be doing what you are doing. Going to be a busy Sept-Dec this year I think.

I just changed my May trip to middle of June trip.
I hope we can both go in June! We have APs that expire in May, so it seems more difficult to plan these backups because our APs will only be extended by the amount of closed days. I would love to just dedicate my efforts to September or October, but I'm unsure if the parks will be closed long enough for our APs to be extended out that far in the calendar.

I WANT to get excited for our 6/20-6/27 trip. It’s one of the few things to look forward to now that my graduation from nursing school and the associated events aren’t happening. But I just can‘t get excited. I want to read trip reports, and watch YouTube vids but all I do is check the DIS for COVID updates/rumors regarding the parks. :sad1:

Um I've been able to book fp for May 1st and 2nd. I have an ap so only can make fps 30 days in advance
You must have some super secret magical powers! pixiedust: When I look for availability in May, it shows nothing available. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter