• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Wow there's a lot more shops/restaurants that will not be open than what I would have imagined. Seems like lines will be pretty long for getting food. Not to mention the seating issue. I know it'll save them money, but man they're going to make social distancing hard with having so many food places closed and such a limited number of places to try to shove ppl.

Thank you for posting!
And I am surprised at all the shops closed, esp in Epcot - that's what you do in WS.

Beginning June 30, eligible Guests with experience reservations previously cancelled due to the closure can call (407) 939-6690 to make reservations for available offerings. Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 for reservations.
During this initial window, Guests can check availability for the following experiences:
Magic Kingdom Park:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:

Beginning June 30, eligible Guests with experience reservations previously cancelled due to the closure can call (407) 939-6690 to make reservations for available offerings. Eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 for reservations.
During this initial window, Guests can check availability for the following experiences:
Magic Kingdom Park:
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:
I’m so frustrated. I emailed Disney telling them I never get my emails and that I was subscribed and they just sent me an email telling me how to subscribe. I never get emails that tell me stuff like this I’d like to know :(

Reservation Window – Frequently Asked Questions

Q.

When can I make advance reservations for experiences at Walt Disney World Resort, such as dining reservations and tours?
A.

While we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort hotels and theme parks, we are keeping the well-being of our Guests and Cast Members in mind.
Disney Springs Dining

Select dining locations at Disney Springs are currently accepting reservations for all Guests.
Guests Staying at Disney Resort Hotels

Guests with Disney Resort hotel reservations for arrivals June 22 through July 10, 2020 can make dining reservations for select Walt Disney World Resort hotel and available Disney Springs dining locations beginning June 18, 2020. Call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 824-1391 to check availability and make reservations. Or, if you’re a Disney Vacation Club Member, call Member Services at (800) 800-9800. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Eligible Guests with Dining and Experience Reservations Cancelled During Closure
Guests who had an active dining or experience reservation on or before September 2, 2020 that was cancelled as of May 28 due to the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Resort may—beginning on June 30—make a new reservation online up to 60 days in advance. Eligible Guests who are unable to make a reservation online may call (407) 939-6690 or (800) 800-9800 for Disney Vacation Club Members.
Eligible Guests can make reservations for available experiences by calling (407) 939-6690, or (800) 800-9800 for Disney Vacation Club Members, beginning on June 30.
Dining reservations for Walt Disney World Resort hotel and theme park locations available during initial reopening may only be booked online during this time. Reservations will not be available through the My Disney Experience app during this advance window. Discover which dining locations and experiences will be available during initial reopening.
All Other Guests
Dining and experience reservations will reopen at a later date for Guests. Please continue to check back for details.
As reservations resume, Guests will be able to make dining and experience reservations up to 60 days in advance to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits. In addition, Disney Resort hotel Guests can make reservations up to 60 days in advance plus the length of their stay (up to 10 days).
Please note: In order to foster physical distancing during this time, upon reopening, our offerings, restaurants and other experiences such as behind-the-scenes tours will be limited in capacity, while other experiences may remain closed.
Really hope this works haha. When I tried to get the "recovery" package it took forever. The CM kept saying it was only for people whose trips were cancelled due to covid, I said mine was, she said "why, because you didn't pay?". I said no it was cancelled automatically because of covid, "this is only for people whose trips were cancelled", around & around & around. I guess I'd better start digging through my email to find the confirmations & subsequent cancellations in case they ask for those.

I’m so frustrated. I emailed Disney telling them I never get my emails and that I was subscribed and they just sent me an email telling me how to subscribe. I never get emails that tell me stuff like this I’d like to know :(
this is all on the website right now

Hopefully that is the case...I seem to be one of the only people with a number. :) I'd definitely try online too!

I received the email, but my check in is Aug 30th...which it won’t be 60 days out, it will be 61 tomorrow......will I be allowed to make all my ADR’s?

I know this is but like all the posts leading up to this said people are being emailed.
I see, I understand your frustration. Have been an AP for 22 years and emails are never a sure thing, that's why when I know something is coming I just refresh all the proper pages, it sucks, but it's the only way to be able to book things with Disney, this is not a new problem

Cirque du Soleil is filing for bankruptcy:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/29/business/cirque-du-soleil-bankruptcy/index.html
I also got this email a few hours ago:

Dear amazing Cirque du Soleil fans,

As you may have heard in the news recently, Cirque du Soleil is experiencing difficult times. Rest assured that we are pursuing the best options that will allow us to resume our business activities as soon as possible.

For now, our performances are still paused, but this is only an intermission. Soon the spotlights will come back on.

We are happy you have tickets for one of our shows, and don’t worry, your tickets remain valid. We can’t wait to see you! If you have contacted or need to contact our customer service department with a specific request, please rest assured that our team is working tirelessly to respond to you in a timely manner.

For as sure as the sun rises every day, Cirque du Soleil will return, brighter than ever.

While we wait for performances to start up again, please continue to enjoy the exciting content on Cirque Connect and join us every Friday at 3 p.m. ET for our #CirqueConnect specials. Come connect with us at https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/cirqueconnect

For more information about our shows and activities, please visit our website at https://www.cirquedusoleil.com

For questions, visit our FAQ section at https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/faqor email us at contact@cirquedusoleil.com

We will see you soon !

I received the email, but my check in is Aug 30th...which it won’t be 60 days out, it will be 61 tomorrow......will I be allowed to make all my ADR’s?

I’m confused also. I got the email and my trip isn’t until end of October so not sure if I am supposed to do it tomorrow also.

I’m confused also. I got the email and my trip isn’t until end of October so not sure if I am supposed to do it tomorrow also.

I'm guessing that if your reservations were cancelled they are letting you make reservations tomorrow as a way to say "sorry for cancelling all your reservations." lol If you did not have any that were cancelled, then you need to wait until your 60 day mark. That's how I read it at least. Who knows?

I'm guessing that if your reservations were cancelled they are letting you make reservations tomorrow as a way to say "sorry for cancelling all your reservations." lol If you did not have any that were cancelled, then you need to wait until your 60 day mark. That's how I read it at least. Who knows?
Im reading it as Folks that are already in the 60 day window only. All other guests can makes reservations at the 60 day mark for you check in

Eligible Guests with Dining Reservations Cancelled During the Closure
If you had an active dining reservation on or before September 2, 2020 that was cancelled as of May 28 due to the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Resort, you’ll have the opportunity to make new dining reservations beginning on June 30 up to 60 days in advance of your arrival.

So I asked in chat, and they said you can't make reservations until your 60 day window. It's kind of confusing how they mention guests with reservations before September 2nd. So, I guess I don't have to wake up early tomorrow, or maybe I will just to double check.
:)

So I asked in chat, and they said you can't make reservations until your 60 day window. It's kind of confusing how they mention guests with reservations before September 2nd. So, I guess I don't have to wake up early tomorrow, or maybe I will just to double check.
:)
Thanks for asking.....I honestly didn’t want to be on hold for an hour...or three to only find out I was 1 day too early...LOL

Eligible Guests with Dining and Experience Reservations Cancelled During Closure
Guests who had an active dining or experience reservation on or before September 2, 2020 that was cancelled as of May 28 due to the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Resort may—beginning on June 30—make a new reservation online up to 60 days in advance.

That kind of sucks for those of us who also had dining reservations cancelled past September 2nd...? They included up until September of next year for park reservations so I'm not feeling confident they'll just push it to later it later with the 60-days language in place already. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter