WDW Preparing for June 1st Reopening

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
Earlier today, I cancelled our May reservation, so that borrowed points could be returned and allotted points banked in advance of the deadline for my use year. The Member Services representative with whom I spoke said that a June 1st reopening was projected, so cancelling the reservation and addressing the points now likely ensured none would be lost.

To preserve my FastPass+ reservations, in the event that the parks were to reopen, I called Central Reservations to book a cash reservation. The Cast Member with whom I spoke said that new resort reservations could not be booked prior to June 1st. She then shared similar remarks as the Member Services representative.

With this post, I am writing to share the experience I had with both Member Services and Central Reservations. I hope it is helpful for those of you with April or May reservations that could pose a banking challenge if cancelled.

Thank you. i have seen many others reporting the same thing!

This may be why DVC is still trying to develop a plan regarding changes in banking rules If this holds true, they are working with 10 weeks of points Inventory gone.

Last edited:
I’m guessing they had to lay down some reasonable guess at a date. I would guess that means not before June 1st.
I highly doubt they know, and if they did they would not have front line CM’s relaying an opening date until official.

Good luck to all those affected.

My guess is that they are hopeful that they can open resorts at some time in May. However, they won’t be opening all resorts at once. By not allowing additional reservations to be made, they can move guests from still-closed resorts to the open ones. And if they cannot open during May dates, then there are fewer guests to refund.

I have a reservation for Saturday May 30, so will wait now...but we are not planning to fly.

I have a reservation for Saturday May 30, so will wait now...but we are not planning to fly.
I'm in a similar situation -- our reservation starts May 29...
Thoughts that are going through my head --
If they target reopening June 1st, would they reopen the resorts a little earlier? We'd be good hanging around the resort until they reopen the parks.
I'm concerned that they could cancel the whole reservation even if part of it falls during the (hopefully). Would they preserve a reservation that falls in and out?
Already tried shifting my reservation but can't get the room I want...

I'm in a similar situation -- our reservation starts May 29...
Thoughts that are going through my head --
If they target reopening June 1st, would they reopen the resorts a little earlier? We'd be good hanging around the resort until they reopen the parks.
I'm concerned that they could cancel the whole reservation even if part of it falls during the (hopefully). Would they preserve a reservation that falls in and out?
Already tried shifting my reservation but can't get the room I want...

the announcement said, they may open earlier or later, so we won’t know for awhile. My FP window is getting ready to open too! Too much to deal with.

Earlier today, I cancelled our May reservation, so that borrowed points could be returned and allotted points banked in advance of the deadline for my use year. The Member Services representative with whom I spoke said that a June 1st reopening was projected, so cancelling the reservation and addressing the points now likely ensured none would be lost.

To preserve my FastPass+ reservations, in the event that the parks were to reopen, I called Central Reservations to book a cash reservation. The Cast Member with whom I spoke said that new resort reservations could not be booked prior to June 1st. She then shared similar remarks as the Member Services representative.

With this post, I am writing to share the experience I had with both Member Services and Central Reservations. I hope it is helpful for those of you with April or May reservations that could pose a banking challenge if cancelled.
I seriously hope it opens memorial day... My points expire June 1st. 😭 My reservation is May 29th-June 1st right now.

the announcement said, they may open earlier or later, so we won’t know for awhile. My FP window is getting ready to open too! Too much to deal with.

Hi, did you actually see something in writing that referenced June 1? Or are you speaking to the generic email from DVC about who knows when they’ll open? Thanks! We’ve got a 5/21-5/28 trip booked 🥺. Rescheduled from Spring Break

Hi, did you actually see something in writing that referenced June 1? Or are you speaking to the generic email from DVC about who knows when they’ll open? Thanks! We’ve got a 5/21-5/28 trip booked 🥺. Rescheduled from Spring Break
There was an email how about a special offer for guests who cancelled their vacations due to closure that was emailed out last night; the offer is for nights starting June 1st!

the message is here on disboards and every place else. no one can book anything before June 1. you can’t book rooms or dining. I’m guessing no FP either. This seem to start today. I just hope they donot cancel my May 29 arrival unless they are not open yet. I could just stay elsewhere for 2 nights.

the message is here on disboards and every place else. no one can book anything before June 1. you can’t book rooms or dining. I’m guessing no FP either. This seem to start today. I just hope they donot cancel my May 29 arrival unless they are not open yet. I could just stay elsewhere for 2 nights.
You can book fastpasses, oddly enough...

I have a mid May vacation planned. Is it definitely not going to happen?

Go here for Disney's online notification about the closure and the potential June 1 opening. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/?CMP=KNC-FY20_DPK_ACT_DOM_PADC_EGM_SCP_WDWCV|G|4052020.PR.PS.01.03|MZ7TN4N|BR|425419196341&keyword_id=kwd-10370671|dc|disney world|425419196341|p|5238:3|&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjoH0BRD6ARIsAEWO9DvrlL-iWUMOrMdMzs69m6LD0vnMJclSD3dSrNySb2mvKa6D2sVpmQAaAjxeEALw_wcB&ef_id=XnitawAAAh_JmsQc:20200329174104:s

Though It leaves open the outside possibility of an earlier opening, my sense is that June 1 is the earliest date being contemplated by Disney. Other changes have also occurred. One can no longer go online at Disney's site and purchase park tickets that have a first use date before June 1 or modify any existing tickets to have a first use date before June 1. Disney is not allowing anyone with an existing hotel reservation, e.g., such as one in April, to modify the reservation to any date before June 1. Moreover, that June 1 date communicates to laid-off employees that they can stay wherever they are and do whatever they are now doing until at the earliest late May, when they would need to arrive to effect a decent opening on June 1. If WDW were to open sooner, it could face difficulties getting all the needed employees to come back in time for any pre-June opening.

Apparently, the fastpass system is still allowing FP's to be set for before June 1, but that is probably more of an oversight than any indication that the parks may re-open before June. For example, someone with a May 28 room reservation, who has not yet bought a park ticket, would go online today and discover he cannot get Fastpasses at 60 days out because Disney won't sell him a needed park ticket that begins before June 1. In other words, to assume the allowance of fastpasses for those who already have tickets indicates a pre-June reopening means Disney created a severe disadvantage for those with late May resort start dates who cannot now buy tickets to be able to make FP+.

Last edited:
Wow leaving 5/21 I was sure pixie dust would be working by then:-(

Bringing my BF and her DS(5) (they live in Nebraska) Booked fastpasses , character meals daily.

Even though I borrowed these points I have until April 2021 to use(April use year)....
Impossible to plan our schedules .

still holding out hope

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter