We Bought a Kodak CX 4300 3.2mb Digital Camera,need Help!

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
I can't see that it came with a card,checked internet still confused,what type would it use,card or stick??

Also,it didn't include a Dock,do you use one?? If not what do you use to get the pix on the computer??[we don't have a notebook just home PC. ]

Any help would be really apperciated,TY!!

hmmmm. I don't own this camera, but I just did a search for tech info and this is what it says regarding the memory:
"It also comes with 16MB of internal memory, which means consumers can start shooting right away. Consumers can also expand their picture-taking capacity with MultiMediaCard or Secure Digital memory cards via the cameras' expansion slot. "
B00006BBY4.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

pictureof Kingston SD/128 128MB SecureDigital (SD) Memory Card from amazon.com

If you are using high resolution for your photos, the 16mb of internal memory will not be enough (it will only be about 10 pictures. ) I can get about 100 pics off a 128mb card for my 3.2 megapixel camera.

This is what is says about the docking system:
"The camera is compatible with the optional Kodak EasyShare Camera Dock II, which makes picture transfer one-touch simple and automatically recharges the camera's battery.... "
"...Simply dock the camera, and pictures are automatically ready to print or e-mail. The CX4300 stores up to 32 e-mail addresses for easy e-mailing. "
(I was wondering how you recharge your battery if you don't have the docking port? Did it come with a battery charger?)

I would expect that you could get a SD/MMC reader to connect with your PC for under $20 if you didn't want to buy the Camera Dock. (Do you have USB on your PC?). Then you could take your removeable storage card out of the camera and transfer the files to your PC (of course, you couldn't transfer any photos written to your internal memory via this means).

Alternatively, I belive you must have a USB port on your camera---you could connect your camera directly to your PC via USB cable. (I looked on the Kodak site--they don't have the specs for your model posted, yet--it must be a really new model)

Congratulations on your new camera. It looks like it has lots of neat features.
-DC :)

I have a kodak dx3600. Do not buy the dock. It is a waste of money. I fyou have usb port to your computer just use that cable. Mine was included with my camera . It downloads right to your computer. I believe you need a compact flash memory card. I got mine at staples. I bought a 64 mg card and it is supposed to hold around 90 pics at best resolution. I would defiitely consider getting a battery re-charger. The batteries do not last very long.

I just got this camera on Friday. Here's what I can tell you:

1. It has an internal memory of 16MB. Enough for 4-5 pictures at high resolution.
2. It uses SD or MMC memory cards...NOT COMPACT FLASH. The best deal I've found on this type of card is at Sam's Club...$48 after a $10 rebate on a 128MB card. This will hold about 65 photos.
3. Download the software that came with the camera. It makes transferring and sharing photos really simple. Once you have the software loaded, when you plug in your camera, it automatically opens the photo program and looks for photos on your camera (either in internal memory or on the card). Then you can either upload them to your computer all at once (easiest) or do it one at a time.
4. If you are taking this camera to WDW without a laptop to download to periodically, you might consider investing in a couple of 128MB cards so that you have enough memory to last through your trip.
5. The dock is really unnecessary IMO. It might save a minute or two here and there, but not enough to justify the cost (~$80-$90)
6. The "digital camera" batteries that come with it are just alkaline and lasted about 2 hours for us. We then put in a lithium CRV-3 battery and it's been going strong for 2 days of playing since then. We've also bought rechargables, but haven't used them yet, so I can't say how long they last.

The software has a really cool "share" feature. Once you install it, you can put email address in an address book. Then you can transfer the address book to your camera. Say you take a really great photo that you know grandma and aunt sue will love...you hit the "share" button on your camera, and it takes you to a screen where you can mark the photo to print or to be e-mailed. If you choose e-mail, it then lets you scroll through your address book and choose the recipients. Then, when you transfer your pictures, it automatically creates an e-mail with that photo, addressed to the people you specified...all you do is type in your message to them and send. REALLY handy.

I'm thrilled with this camera already...the software is really user-friendly and the camera takes good shots. And so cheap...did you get yours at Wal-Mart for $154 on Friday?

I'm still figuring it out...if you have any questions, feel free to ask...I'll try to answer!

I was at Wal-mart so I ask about the prices for a 64mb
card,they didn't have any,go figure. But they showed me a 32mb.

I was amazed at how itty bitty the card is!! maybe an inch by and inch and a half!!

Sam's Club currently has a 128MB SD card for use in the CX4300 for $47 after a $10 rebate. Best deal I've found by far on this size card.

We just ordered two cannon elphs cameras online for dd and myself. OUr first digital cameras. I know very little about all this, but I am learning.

Just wanted to say my dh bought memory cards from amazon.com for $48. but there is a 20 rebate coupon you print off the site to really make them cheap.

Digitial photo questions are frequently asked on the Community Board here. You might get more help over there.. Zurg, one of the DIS members, has written a very helpful piece on digital cameras on Deb Willl's site.

www.wdwig.com

Herc.

I had to exchange the Kodak for this HP camera,The Kodak needed to much memory to run the software which wouldn't even load on to my computer!!

New hp photosmart 320 Digital Camera[2.1mp,4xdigital-zoom+video clips] w/ Photo Printer. Does anyone have one of these?? [I also have a hp computer.]

I understand it prints straight from camera to printer,no compter needed. You use the camera to edit the pic's?

What hints can you give me??

I have a 64mb SD card for it. Will this be enough for DL??

Has anyone used Wal-marts Digital photo machine[.29per pic]?? If the card gets full should I have this machine put the pic's on a CD disk??

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!

Take lots of batteries -- from everything I've heard (from friends who own them), HP cameras really drain batteries quickly. A friend can only take a couple of photos before her camera is dead.

As for the card, 64MB is probably okay if you don't take a lot of photos, or not a lot of high-res photos. My 64MB card can hold about 45 photos at the highest res (3.2MP camera).

I don't think you can edit the photos on your camera, but I'm not sure.

I bought a Kodak 4320 right before our trip and we loved it. I bought 2 64 MB and one 128 MB smart media disks and never came close to needing all that memory. We used the USB connection to download pics to my laptop each night in the hotel. For a 9 day trip we took over 1,000 pics and I'd say about 700 of them are truly keepers! I bought my daughter a Kodak 4220 for Christmas and we hated it. The shutter lag was horrible. The salesman said it was basically the same camera, just 2 Mega pixels instead of 3 and no movie mode. He was definitely wrong. I strongly suggest you try shooting the camera before buying (even if you have to insist on them putting batteries in the demo) because many digital cameras have shutter lag and it can be a real pain.

But I love my Kodak 4320! I don't have the docking station but the USB is easy enough for me. My laptop also has a sandisk reader but I find the USB connection is easier.

Let me offer a suggestion, if I may. Each night, after visiting the parks, we would plug in the cable that came with our Olympus to the TV in the hotel room. We were able to view each photo and discard the ones that we didn't want or had 2 of. This freed space on the card for the next day. Then I printed my pics up when I got home.

Practice with this at home. It should hook up if you have a newer TV. Let me say that at the WL, we had to pull the TV cabinet out from the wall a little as the hookups were in the back.

Good luck. I consider my digital one of the BEST investments I've ever made. It's brought us all a lot of joy!

Deleting photos is one of the great things about digital. 100-200 photos can be more than plenty when all are keepers. For those having trouble with limited battery life check into lithium batteries they last a long time. Check with your cameras guide book to make sure they can use lithiums though.

AS far as getting the images from your card to your computer, i prefer to use a card reader. They run about $20-30 and you take the card out of the camera and put in in the card reader and download into your computer. It is fast and efficient, and it is less work on your camera which should make it last longer..

Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter