"We can DO IT Challenge" - Who wants to join

MelanieC

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
Hi everyone,
I'm back from vacation and I gained about 10 pounds. I guess it's better than the 12 I usually gain in 2 weeks at Disney. So I want to get back to where I was before vacation and get to goal.

I want to start a challenge to run until 1/1/08 (New Years Day). This challenge will hopefully carry us over the holidays and keep us on the straight and narrow.

So - We can DO IT! Who wants to join me. I always do better when I have a challenge thread and group to check in with.

I would love to join! I have about 30 lbs. to lose but I would like to lose 15 lbs. by the end of the year. I go to the gym for about an hour 5 days a week and for walks with my Mom usually one a day. I have given up all soda (I was addicted to Diet Pepsi) and feel a lot better now that I'm drinking 80-100 oz. of water a day.

I usually have great willpower but it will fizzle out after a couple of weeks and I really want to stick with it this time. I'm 25 and would like to feel good for life.

I still have a lot of weaknesses (cookies, ice cream, sugar in general) but I am trying to find substitutions (such as the 100 calorie pack cookies) and to stick with them even when I'm stressed.

And BTW vacations to Disney are the worst (as far as weight gain goes ;) ). I usually gain about 10 lbs. too. All of that yummy food! :goodvibes

I'd like to join... in the 5 months, I'd LIKE to lose 50. But more realistic would be 30... so put me down for 30.

Thanks! And you're right... having a challenge really helps me. :yay:

We can do it!!!!!

I'd love to join you for this challenge. I've gained 5 pounds this summer, and still have a vacation coming up. I want to lose those 5 pounds, and then realisticly, I would like to lose another 10. So 15 will be my total for this challenge. I'll be doing WW for 2 years in september, and I was down 40, now it's 35, so I'm going to try real hard to lose the first 5 by sept, so I'll average 20 pounds lost per year. It is a life long journey, and I'm going to stick with it.

MelanieC- How was disney? 2 weeks sounds just awesome. Wish I could say I had as much fun as you gaining my summer weight. Thanks for starting this challenge. I need to stick around and lose this weight!!

Good luck everyone!!!!:woohoo:

Count me in. By 1/1/08 I want to be down another 40 pounds to put me in ONE-derland!! :woohoo:

I've only just found the WISH board - I have much to lose and would like to lose 25 lbs by the end of the year. May I join please ?:upsidedow

I would like to join too! I try desparatly to loose weight, but I cant. I think it is because have my DS3, DS5 & DD7 to take care of that I cant focus on it. I go to the gym (Curves), I join WW all the time, but cant stick with it for more than two weeks. I really have my best success with Atkins, I feel better when I am following the no carb/low carb thing. I started this morning. I will turn 40 in January and would love to have reached my goal by then. This morning I weighed myself and I was 168. I need to loose atleast 30 and I want to do it by January 1st. :tinker:

I'm in!!

I'd like to be at 30 pounds total lost by 11/19 (vacation time!) and 35 by New Year's Day. With 9 down so far, that means I'm looking at 21 pounds by 11/19 and 26 by the end of the year.

Here's to us!

I would like to lose seven. I have lost a little weight this summer. But no more than like 3 pounds.

Hey everyone - Glad you found this challenge. Tonight I'll go through and type up everyone's name with what they want to lose. Since we started this a week ago tomorrow, I will set up Tuesdays as check in days. I hope we can all manage to post more often and keep ourselves motivated.

I didn't do well this past week, but starting today that's it - Its back on track. I can do this - I know I can. I just got back from Whole Foods and I'm stocked up there. I need to set up a menu for the week too. DH had a flank steak in the fridge so hopefully he has an idea for dinner tonight.

mikamah - We had a wonderful trip!! We ate way too much! We saw La Nouba which was wonderful and also went to Sea World. We went to the beach, but I literally put my toes in the water and a storm came up and it rained the rest of the day. We won 3 dreams (a dream lanyard with pins, 1 AK FP and a MK FP).

I'd love to join also! I've been fighting to lose 16 pounds that I gained in this past year. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but when you keep losing and re-gaining the same 5 over and over again, it gets really frustrating! I'm following WW on my own and just started up again last week. I did have a small victory at the store during lunch today. I wanted to buy a chocolate chip cookie so badly, but bought a 100 cal box of Hostess cakes instead. I know, not too healthy, but better than the cookies!

I need to join this. I have about 32 more to lose and I like to get there before my b-day (Dec) and keep it off forever. :hourglass

I'd like to join the group. I'll set my goal at 15 for now and probably revise it later. Thanks for starting this thread!

Woo hoo everyone! I love that our group is getting bigger. I did good until I got home tonight. I have to break out of this and get a good day under my belt. I know I can do this, I've done this before (many times) and I can do it again. I need to get this under control.

I would love to join in! I would like to loose 20 lbs by Nov 30th (1st day of vac) and a total of 25 by the end of the year....
Thank you for starting!
K

MelanieC, since today is the official check in day, I am checking in. I really got started yesterday so I still am at 168. My goal would be 140 by my 40th birthday in January, that would be 28 pounds. Good Luck Everyone.:cool1:

Definitely count me in! I need a bit of motivation to get me back on track. I had lost 60 lbs last year (about 1/2 of what I need to), lost me job at the end of the year, and have put back on about 20-25 lbs.

I'm not going to go by lbs for this challenge (but I will weigh in). My goal is to fit into the size 10 coat I bought last winter on clearance. I hate the fact that I've put on weight and made it fit less. I will wear it in January!

I would love to join in on this challenge. I need to lose 60 pounds to be at my goal weight so my goal for January will be 30 pounds. I really want to be at my goal weight for December 2008 when I am going on my very first cruise.

My major weakness is pizza. I love it and can't get enough of it! It will be tough cutting back on it but I need to do it. I have allowed myself to be overweight for way too long!

I would like to join also. I need to loose 10 lbs more ( I lost 60lbs last year on Weight Watchers). I also need to lose some inches and tone, tone, tone! What do I need to do in order to participate/join?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter