We Need Your Input! Tell Us What You Want!

What format would you like to see the most? Please read thread first!

• Option 1 - one board, no off topic

• Option 2 - one board, small community sub board

• Option 3 - One subject as main board - sub boards for others - on topic only

• Option 4 - one board as main, subs for others including a small community

• Option 5 - Main board small community, topic boards branching off into sub boards from top of main

Results are only viewable after voting.
I must have missed something. I thought the whole reason for merging is so we wouldn't have so many boards. I don't understand why it matters how many boards we have. If the purpose of merging is so we don't have so many boards why did we just make a new board for t-shirts. I am so confused! :confused3

Ok I just went and looked at the t-shirt board. It actually is a sub board like they have on the community board.
I must say I think that is totally stupid to have it with theme park boards. If I wanted to know if anyone knew how to make T-shirts I certainly wouldn't look there. I think it makes no sense to have it with a theme park. Why would someone who wasn't already in the t-shirt click say to themselves, hey I want to make a shirt for Disney. Bet someone on the craft board would know what to do....ummmm no you need to go to the theme park board because that is it is?

I think this is about as silly as it gets. I know the powers that make this board want it to flow nicely and represent everyone, but right now I feel like the clicks have it. This is not a reflection on the new mods of this board. I realize you need to do what the job requires.
I dont' have a problem if Flower and garden gets a sub board on here. In many ways it fits as a sub board. Not free flowing postings. I can even agree to a cooking sub board. I also feel photo board should be a sub board on here. Yes lots of questions about how and when but it can be easily navigated to here as anywhere else. But I just feel crafts and scrapping go together. and I enjoy it all merged. Yes scrappers seem to be the most yacky and take up a lot of the board. But most of use respond to many other post.
Oh well this is all I have to say about it. I know I have no control. Opinion yep...have that but does it really matter?

roflmao about getting coal in our stockings. that's pretty funny. :rotfl2:

however, I think spinning hit the nail on the head, the cliques aren't happy so everyone gets punished. Hello, we aren't in highschool anymore (well ok, I'm not anyhow). there is nothing wrong with the way the boards are set up now, but someone got cranky and decided that they didn't like it. And then the tshirt people got moved to the crafting/scrapping/etc board and got mad so they complained and got moved back to where ever they came from. As spinning said, if I wanted to make a tshirt I wouldn't be looking on the theme park boards, I'd be looking at the craft/scrap/etc boards. I guess this is just like the real world, it's all about who you know now isn't it. maggie

Since the "T-Shirt People" have had their way and gotten their own sub-board on the Theme Park Board where they came from -
and where they wanted to be ......

PLEASE leave this board the same - and add a new sub-board on the top for the gardeners.....

This is how they handled it on the cruise board...they did away with 3 separate boards and
made the "cruise reports" & "cruise meets" 2 subs of the general :boat: CRUISE....

So wha da ya THINK ?????
....off to work......can't wait to get home to see how this 'drama' unfolds.​

:confused3

5_8_5.gif

Hey, we're our own little clique, so why don't we complain enough and tell the powers that be we don't want the board changed. I know the mods are doing what they have been told, but if the powers see we aren't happy, maybe they'll leave us alone.

OK, wishful thinking.

I'm really confused now. I thought one of the main reasons for going into sub forums was because the T-shirt thread were now here. Now they aren't? :confused3

I agree with Gray Fal!!!! please leave this board the same and add a sub board for the flower folks!!!

GrayFal said:
Since the "T-Shirt People" have had their way and gotten their own sub-board on the Theme Park Board where they came from -
and where they wanted to be ......

PLEASE leave this board the same - and add a new sub-board on the top for the gardeners.....

This is how they handled it on the cruise board...they did away with 3 separate boards and
made the "cruise reports" & "cruise meets" 2 subs of the general :boat: CRUISE....

So wha da ya THINK ?????
....off to work......can't wait to get home to see how this 'drama' unfolds.​

you go girl! let's just leave everyone alone, no one was complaining before someone had the "briliant" idea (yes, my voice is DRIPPING with sarcasm there) to combine certain boards and yet leave other boards alone... (photo board? t shirt board?). I'll put out my stocking now for my coal. Lucky for y'all I have to run back to school and can't post for awhile. :rotfl2: maggie

Thanks Steph, you said everything I was thinking. I just don't get who is making the decisions and why they seem to have it out for us ! I know this is a free site and we are blessed to have it, but frankly this is getting ridiculous and I may have to go stay at my little board where everyone seems to get along most of the time ( no reflection on my scrap friends or the other people who post here that I have become attached to ). I am a mod on another site and we considered doing the same thing ( merging a few boards ). We did a poll and most people didn't want the forum to change, so thankfully our host person listened and we maintained the board as it was. She may not have agreed , but she at least treated us with respect. I happen to love this place , but I don't feel like the majority is being respected. And that is sad, because even though I do not know the host personally. Everything I do know about him ( from being a member for many years here ) I don't think this is what he intended. As for the T-shirt people ( and frankly I don't like the sound of that name, sounds like an alien or something - lol ) we will miss you ( ok, personally I will ). Let's not have this turn into a us against them thing. Can't we all just get along ? :confused3

Cyndi princess:

Stephres said:
Being a moderator you are probably pretty thick skinned but I still worry that all our complaining is taken personally, which it is not meant to at all. We don't really understand the reasoning behind the change. You can call the board whatever you want, but if the majority of the participants are scrappers then the posts will reflect that. If someone had a beading question then someone would be sure to acknowldge it, but if no one did beading then the question probably wouldn't be answered. I think it feels like to us scrappers that we are being told that we have taken over this board and management is trying to find a way so that people with different interests post here, which goes against the idea of different boards in the first place. Just my opinion.

As one of those t-shirt people - I would like to explain to you what happened -

We did not complain about being here - actually I believe it was you guys that complained about us being here. We posted on one thread and pretty much kept to ourselves - some scrappers actually joined in and if you ever read our thread - you would see that we are a pretty welcoming group and have a lot of fun.

Baloo has been our moderator from the beginning and has put a lot of sweat and tears into our thread and was very sad when she was no longer our moderator and so she got permission from the powers to be to move us back to the TPAS board - we actually had a lot more traffic when we were over there than when we were here

why are we there? You might be amazed at how many people ask over there - has anyone ever made a homemade shirt for your trip - and no offense to you all but most people don't even know there is a crafting board so they ask on the trip planning board - so yes - that was taken into consideration

it seems to me that you are all being offered the exact same chance over here - you may each have your own subboard under a main crafting community board -

we are really enjoying our new board and you might notice have started a lot of new threads which we did not feel we had the freedom to do here b/c we did not want to clog up what we considered to be your board - we were trying to be considerate as the new kids on the block - we didn't want to step on any toes - but now see that it didn't matter how hard we tried to stay out of your way - you still were annoyed by us -actually confirming the decision to make us our own board

our move was 100% about Baloo wanting to be our MOD - she is part of our family - so it wasn't a slam against you all - MeanLaureen is trying to help you all make your board what you want it to be - instead of being irritated that the gardenig info will be moved over here = why not embrace them - I believe in the more the merrier philosophy -

ML and Kayla will pour there heart and soul into this place - if you know anything about WPASADI - you know that they don't do anything half-way - give them a chance - embrace the change - you might just like it!!!!

julia & nicks mom said:
As one of those t-shirt people - I would like to explain to you what happened -

We did not complain about being here - actually I believe it was you guys that complained about us being here. We posted on one thread and pretty much kept to ourselves - some scrappers actually joined in and if you ever read our thread - you would see that we are a pretty welcoming group and have a lot of fun.

Baloo has been our moderator from the beginning and has put a lot of sweat and tears into our thread and was very sad when she was no longer our moderator and so she got permission from the powers to be to move us back to the TPAS board - we actually had a lot more traffic when we were over there than when we were here

why are we there? You might be amazed at how many people ask over there - has anyone ever made a homemade shirt for your trip - and no offense to you all but most people don't even know there is a crafting board so they ask on the trip planning board - so yes - that was taken into consideration

it seems to me that you are all being offered the exact same chance over here - you may each have your own subboard under a main crafting community board -

we are really enjoying our new board and you might notice have started a lot of new threads which we did not feel we had the freedom to do here b/c we did not want to clog up what we considered to be your board - we were trying to be considerate as the new kids on the block - we didn't want to step on any toes - but now see that it didn't matter how hard we tried to stay out of your way - you still were annoyed by us -actually confirming the decision to make us our own board

our move was 100% about Baloo wanting to be our MOD - she is part of our family - so it wasn't a slam against you all - MeanLaureen is trying to help you all make your board what you want it to be - instead of being irritated that the gardenig info will be moved over here = why not embrace them - I believe in the more the merrier philosophy -

ML and Kayla will pour there heart and soul into this place - if you know anything about WPASADI - you know that they don't do anything half-way - give them a chance - embrace the change - you might just like it!!!!
Very well put, J&N's Mom

Well...I might get slammed for posting this, but I have to respond about the t-shirt board and whether or not it makes sense to be on the Theme Parks area.

I honestly never thought about making my own shirts for our upcoming trips until I was perusing the Theme Parks board and spotted that thread.

I have visited the Craft board on occasion, but it's very infrequent because I've yet to do a scrapbook and despite the fact that I'd be interested in learning more, I still felt like an outsider because I didn't understand most of the terminology. I figured I'd go to someone in my "real world" to help me with my scrapbooks and then once I understood what I'm doing, then I'd be able to come back and actually speak about the subject intelligently.

I do love to cook and do other crafts, but this board really is dominated by scrapbooking and was just too overwhelming for me to spend much time here. Like I said, I do check in occasionally, but not with any consistency.

So, had the t-shirt thread not been in the Theme Parks board, I never would have found it and I'm very glad that I did.

On another note...I did direct a friend of mine to this board after she joined the site because she does some scrapbooking and card-making. She posted a thread and didn't receive a single response to it or her other posts. I'm sure that you don't intentionally alienate people, but it does seem that you've all grown so close that it is hard for "outsiders" to join the group and that can be quite intimidating.

julia & nicks mom,
I didn't mind you guys being here at all!! I thought it was a great idea to move you to the crafting board, thinking it "belonged" here. Guess I forget that for the first few months I was on the DIS it was just about planning a disney trip - theme parks attractions and strategies, resorts, transportation, etc. and that some never venture beyond those boards. Glad that you got to "follow" Baloo and you're reaching more people now. :cheer2: :bounce:

OK I have hesitated posting my thoughts because I am sure someone will get upset me with. If you do I apologize in advance. First this post is not directed to anyone in particular. GET A LIFE!!! Ya'll should be posting about Target sales or better yet be out shopping or finding great scrapbooking deals online to share with us. This is an awesome time of year! One that we should be counting our blessings and thanking everyone for what they mean to us. Ya'll are an awesome group of people! I wouldn't want to think about not being able to check in on ya'll and read all that's going on. However I have to do that I will.

BTW I am still very confused. I must be missing something! What's the big deal about the t-shirt people (I agree with Cyndi, I don't like that name. Makes them sound like aliens.) having their own board. I loved reading their post and seeing their t-shirts. I was even going to get around to trying to make one when I get enough sense to quit joining swaps. :rotfl2:

As far as scrapbookers ignoring other post and not responding I don't think that's on purpose. It could be, oh I don't know the reason really. As a whole scrapbookers are usually really nice people. Well as long as you don't mess with their toys. Actually that doesn't matter cause we are real good about sharing our extra Primas and things. Anything to get you addicted so we don't look crazy to you any more. We are really collectors don't you know. We just claim to scrapbook so that we can get away with buying all that fun stuff.

OK as for the Flower & Garden and/or scrapbooking or whoever being sub boards how does that change this board? It's just an extra click to go to a sub board right? I am seriously asking this because I think I may be missing something here. Is the big question who is going to be the MAIN board here?

I think I am finished. I just want to clear things up for myself. I honestly do not want to make anyone mad or hurt anyone's feelings. Like Maggie said we are not in high school any more. We can work this out and still all be friends. Who knows one day we may need help making a t-shirt and we want those t-shirt people :wave: to help us. Somebody else may need our help making a scrapbook. We want them to feel like we would welcome them our way.

I hope you mods don't regret taking this job. We are really great people! OK let's have a group hug :grouphug: and all be friends again.

MeanLaureen
Can I ask you to clarify option 5 since that is what the majority have voted for?

I read it to mean that the new board will be called something like "creative community" and when you link to that you're going to be looking at something similar to the community board where you'll see sub-boards like general crafting, scrapbooking, cooking, and flower and garden. And below that would be the "community" postings - a place where we could just "talk off topic".

If I'm even close in my description what is wrong with that? I'm not trying to be sarcastic just trying to understand whats stirred things up here on our normally quiet, nice board.

OK-
noone had a probwith the t-shirt people here.
I think it was more of a "where did they come from - I didn't know they existed - hey they are kewl" type of thing...

I also don't think it is a WE don't want the gardne people here...

I think it is more confusion about WHAT is going on...
mention of making it like a house with rooms for names??

As I stated earlier I think it would make the MOST sense to make TWO forums - a HOUSE Forums for gardens, cooking, cleaning, whatever, and a CRAFTS for scrapping, t-shirts, whatever....

THEN there could be a sticky at the top of one to the other...
I am sad to see the T-shirt people leave...

As for the unanswered post - I for one probably didn't know the answer...
or see the post and I am sorry it got by unanswered - this is NOT a cliche group by any means...
we have seen many come and go from it and all are welcomed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter