We redeemed our Vouchers Just back From Disney

Do they just look at the kids birth certificates or do they input data from it. I know this sounds silly. I just want to make sure everything they need is legible. Our names (DH and me) are kind of hard to read on my copy and didn't know if I should work on getting a new one.

They just glance at the birth certificate or drivers license to make sure the name matches the name on the voucher. They don't input any data from it.

My family of three all volunteered, and we are expecting our vouchers any day now.
Our Disney vacation package includes 5 days of park passes.
We are staying 6 days and 5 nights, and our first day we arrive at 9am...our last day our flight leaves at 7:30pm. (So we will actually be able to take advantage of 6 days at the parks)

I am trying to figure out what is the best "deal" with the GAD vouchers for us.

Can we pay to upgrade our 5 day park passes to 6 day park passses?
And how much would it be to do so?

Or, should actually use the vouchers for free park admission, or pay to upgrade our passes, and take advantage of the special fast passes?

I am thinking that it is probably a better deal to just pay for the 6th day...and use our vouchers for Fast Passes at two parks, and get the pin/hat figure as a momento!

This is our first visit to Disney, and this is all so overwhelming. :confused3 I don't want to miss any attractions because regular fast passes (which I just learned what they are) are out for the day. and, I don't want to spend hours waiting in line for one or two rides.

Thanks for any feedback/options!

Welcome to the boards BelAir3!

In your case, it would not be very beneficial to use the vouchers for your last day at the parks. The sixth day added on to a 5-day pass costs about $4 per person, tax included. So your vouchers would be used for a total of $12 worth of admission.

If I was you, I would just pay the $12 for that last day in the parks, and use the vouchers for fastpasses or pin sets, whichever way you wanted to do it. In your case, with a trip in mid-April, you aren't going to face terrible lines or fastpass outages except for possibly Toy Story Mania in DHS. Soarin in Epcot may be a case of pull-a-pass-before-lunch-get-a-late-afternoon-return-time, but probably won't 'sell out.' You aren't going to face hour-long waits for anything except possibly Soarin and maybe Space Mountain. However, if you think your group would benefit from the extra fastpasses, that's a good option. Probably worth more than the $12 all around regardless of whether you choose fastpasses or souvenirs.

Welcome to the boards BelAir3!

In your case, it would not be very beneficial to use the vouchers for your last day at the parks. The sixth day added on to a 5-day pass costs about $4 per person, tax included. So your vouchers would be used for a total of $12 worth of admission.

If I was you, I would just pay the $12 for that last day in the parks, and use the vouchers for fastpasses or pin sets, whichever way you wanted to do it. .

Since I already paid for the 5 day park passes, how do I go about adding a 6th day? Can I do that right at our resort when we check in?? Or can I change our package online?

Oh, OP, you just made my decision so much harder.

Ditto!!!

We had two plans for our three vouchers. We were going to use one to get FPs for one day of our May trip and then use the other two passes towards our APs in November. I really like those ears though! Why did I look?!?!?!

Since I already paid for the 5 day park passes, how do I go about adding a 6th day? Can I do that right at our resort when we check in?? Or can I change our package online?

You can do it when you check in, or afterwards at any ticket booth - its not hard to add an extra day. Quick and cheap actually...

You can do it when you check in, or afterwards at any ticket booth - its not hard to add an extra day. Quick and cheap actually...

Since our trip is not until April 17..I just called Disney, and added an extra park day for the three of us for a total of $9.59!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

I was on the phone for a total of 6 minutes, the CSR rep was sooo nice, and even asked if I needed to make any restaurant reservations!

So now, I get to keep all 3 of our GAD vouchers, and we will use them for Fast Passes at two parks, and get the special collectable pin set for our son!

I am sooooo excited for this trip! (Maybe even more excited then my 6 year old!)

Ok, haven't seen this?You get the fast pass option..say my husband will not get on screamin--for any reason... Can I use his fast pass for it?

Thanks so much! This has been super helpful!!!

So they accept birth certificates OR Drivers Licenses for verification right?

My BC was lost and I don't know if I have time to get a new one. I have my DH's and DCs though.

Thanks so much! This has been super helpful!!!

So they accept birth certificates OR Drivers Licenses for verification right?

My BC was lost and I don't know if I have time to get a new one. I have my DH's and DCs though.

They will accept a copy of a birth certificate for a guest under 18 ONLY (that is, you cannot use a BC for anyone 18 or over). They will accept a drivers license or other government issued picture ID (passport, etc.) for anyone.

They will accept a copy of a birth certificate for a guest under 18 ONLY (that is, you cannot use a BC for anyone 18 or over). They will accept a drivers license or other government issued picture ID (passport, etc.) for anyone.

Great! Thank you!! That is exactly what I wanted to know!
Thank you again!

We volunteered and have 4 vouchers. We are using dd's for the ears, ds's for the FP at whichever park he chooses and my dh & I are going to donate ours to the Boys & Girls club. That way, we get to have some fun with the vouchers but we can also use the vouchers to help kids who are less fortunate and may not have a chance to go to Disney. Fun for us and feels good on the inside too!

Just recently took at trip for a class over spring break and we used our Give a Day Get a day for fast pass, so glad we had them helped everyone in our group out so much. Whenver you want to use it you just put it in the machine and get a fast pass for right then and there. Such a great promotion and im so glad we had these to help use enjoy more of the parks

We went to Animal Kingdom today and used our GAD vouchers and "upgraded" so that we can go to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. We paid $82 per person! Does anyone know if this is correct? I was shocked! I thought it was like, $50 to add a day to a 1 day ticket and figured we'd pay just $50 or so per person. Maybe we should've waited until we left? I just don't know what happened. We didn't say anything about it when she said, "That'll be $315.23" because I didn't have my driver's license and she had to verify who I was by telling her where and when I volunteered (I was embarrassed). I thought we had caused enough trouble. Anyway, it was $82 times 3 and $69.23 for my 8 yo dd and that includes $19.23 in tax. Again, does this sound right to anyone?

We went to Animal Kingdom today and used our GAD vouchers and "upgraded" so that we can go to Magic Kingdom tomorrow. We paid $82 per person! Does anyone know if this is correct? I was shocked! I thought it was like, $50 to add a day to a 1 day ticket and figured we'd pay just $50 or so per person. Maybe we should've waited until we left? I just don't know what happened. We didn't say anything about it when she said, "That'll be $315.23" because I didn't have my driver's license and she had to verify who I was by telling her where and when I volunteered (I was embarrassed). I thought we had caused enough trouble. Anyway, it was $82 times 3 and $69.23 for my 8 yo dd and that includes $19.23 in tax. Again, does this sound right to anyone?
I think that is correct. A 2 day ticket would cost $156 plus tax, but then they would subtract $79 value of GAD voucher. I'm not 100% certain, but I think it is true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter