We rode Rise of the Resistance on Walt's Birthday on our first Mother/Daughter Trip! December 2019! Updated September 19th!

Thank you all for your kind words for Nicholas ❤

He's doing as well as he could be for now. I actually spoke with him on the phone very briefly yesterday and he sounds good. I can't believe it's been two weeks since he's left! That went by quite fast! I hope the next 16 go by as quickly!

He moves from Yellow Phase to Red Phase tomorrow where I think he officially starts training. These last two weeks were kind of a quarantine period, but this is where the tough work begins. He's in a good mind-set for now though and I imagine he'll be okay 🙏

My arm is still very sore. Last Friday I went to my own doctor for a physical and she thinks it may really be broken and may be a hairline fracture that wouldn't show up on a regular x-ray. She suggested I go have an MRI to check but I really don't want a cast because then I couldn't work. For now I'm using an arm splint I got at CVS and living on 800mg of Advil. If it's not feeling better in a week then maybe I'll consider the MRI.

Do you think Allie would go to school in Florida? Is she grade 12 this year?

She would love to but she's also starting to be very practical about this. We are kind of exploring things right now as she enters her Senior Year.

So true...I was crying from happiness before I even made it past the train station!

Same! 😭

My favourite as well.....I have recreated that at home several times. :)

I'm sure it's easy to recreate, but it almost seems too decadent for home! I think it's the sour cream and the cheese! 🤣

KELLY!!!!
We are staying at Pop the 14-18 of February!!!! Our favorite redhead will be in Disney too but staying at a different resort!
We need to talk lady and meet up!!!!!!!!
It's fate!

How fun! Now I really hope this trip happens!!

Omg I love that Zero magic shot. If only they would let him into the mansion along with his friends for the holidays at MK :(

:rotfl:

If Allie is already choosing corn dog nuggets on a whim, she's ready to become a CP lol

Is that the only requirement? That and a love of Pizza Fries, right? I'll be sure to have her include that on her application!

Great idea!!! Casey's birthday is the 21st so thinking of maybe going around then but gonna wait and see if October happens first

OMG! This soooooo needs to happen!

Love it! I have no idea how to do any of these things

That's what you have a daughter for ::yes::

Well I was gonna say Pecos Bills before I even read the next update :P

You know me too well 😘

I had to work an insane number of hours at Hallmark the whole week before we left for WDW, so I was behind a few pages, but all caught up now!

And now you've gone and gotten back already!

Even with limited park capacity and three boarding group release times, we STILL weren't able to get a boarding group to ride it this week :(

That's terrible! Maybe they're not limiting capacity enough.

I did that once. I was driving from Winnipeg to... probably Disney. I had stopped in Chicago at the museum and then started out on my next leg. Instead of telling me it would take about 6 hours (or whatever) to my next stop, it was telling me 14 hours!
I had somehow turned on "avoid highways".

Ugh! That's sounds…efficient 🤪

I did get it! And cancelled my AP today.

😢

What I really like about that shot is that Allie looks like she's materializing like a Genie. (Yes, I know it's Zero.)

She does!

Great selfie! (If a tad blurry. But who cares?)

My exact thought when I posted it!

I think I need to try this. It certainly looks good.

My favorite…but I don't know what the situation is now with no fixing' bar :sad2:

Allie looks deadly serious, but you look resigned to suckage. :laughing:

The story of my life 😜

No feet photo?????

There's a reason for that but now that you've called attention to it, I guess I'll have to show you...

I traveled to Florida in December and didn't think it would be that cold and literally only brought sandals and summer shoes...
That turned out to be a VERY bad decision! 🥶🤣

I mean I did tell Steve today that I need to start looking for my apartment right by the school lol so we may be able to meet quite often :laughing:

I love it! And that's actually not a bad idea!

It looks like you had a lovely time at MK. I'd love to be there in December sometime so I could see the Jingle Cruise in-person.

It may just be my very favorite time there 🥰🎄

OMG! We're looking at February 13-18. Mardi Gras!

Seems like a popular time to go! We'll have to meet up!

Super late to the party, but I'm here! :wave:

Can't wait to read more, yay mother daughter trips!!!

Never too late! Thanks for joining!! :goodvibes

I can't believe it's been two weeks since he's left!
It has???? Holy cow that flew by!
My arm is still very sore.
:(
Last Friday I went to my own doctor for a physical and she thinks it may really be broken and may be a hairline fracture that wouldn't show up on a regular x-ray.
Oh! That's not so great, then.
But if it's a hairline, do you really need a cast? (I really have no clue.)
If it's not feeling better in a week then maybe I'll consider the MRI.
Hope you're feeling better, but... yes, do that please.
Ugh! That's sounds…efficient 🤪
:sad2:
My exact thought when I posted it!
:thumbsup2
My favorite…but I don't know what the situation is now with no fixing' bar :sad2:
Oh! I thought it came like that, but... it never occurred to me that the fixin' bar would be gone!
The story of my life 😜
:laughing:
There's a reason for that but now that you've called attention to it, I guess I'll have to show you...

I traveled to Florida in December and didn't think it would be that cold and literally only brought sandals and summer shoes...
Shoes and socks (for ladies) are in now, didn't you know?
So you're on trend!
That turned out to be a VERY bad decision! 🥶🤣
Bit chilly? :rolleyes:

Oh! That's not so great, then.
But if it's a hairline, do you really need a cast? (I really have no clue.)

I have no idea either :laughing: Remember, I'm a baby nurse, not a big-people's nurse. We don't see many broken bones in the NICU!

Oh! I thought it came like that, but... it never occurred to me that the fixin' bar would be gone!

I'm assuming. But maybe they ask what you'd like on it. I'm going to have to research this before I go!

Shoes and socks (for ladies) are in now, didn't you know?
So you're on trend!

As Allie shakes her head :sad2:

I know for us it's Mardi Gras holiday. I think everyone else celebrates President's Day about that time. I'm hoping we have a vaccine by then.

There's been promising news about that lately, so fingers crossed! I'll see you there!

DECEMBER 5, 2019
TONY'S MOST MERRIEST TOWN SQUARE PARTY

After we got off IASW, Allie and I wandered around a bit
admiring the Christmas atmosphere...

One of the snacks available was this cute little Snowman Pretzel...
People seemed to rave about them but we both thought it was kind of dry and stale.
We took a couple bites and tossed it.

Around 9:30, we started heading towards Town Square
since we had booked Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party.

But before we headed in, we ran into Ariane and her husband Steve in Town Square!
We talked a little bit, took a quick picture and then went our separate ways...

I believe they started letting people into Tony's around 9:30

I had hemmed and hawed about booking this party to begin with
since it was a lot of money.
I don't even remember off the top of my head how much, but it was definitely a splurge!

I ended up deciding to book it maybe the week before and I am soooo glad I did!

This was such an awesome party with amazing food
and it was so nice to have somewhere to go to get in out of the cold for a bit.
I hope we get the chance to do this again someday…maybe in December 2021 ::yes::

After you check in, you can sit wherever there is an empty table,
and there were plenty of empty tables. We sat in the main dining room.

Here are some of our plates...

Prosecco and Fried Ravioli

Antipasto and pizza

Allie's plate o'carbs

Allie's plate of Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Peppermint Bark…
( I think I was still on savory when she went and got this!)

Another little plate of dessert that we shared...
We literally left these on the table to go out and watch the fireworks
and then came back to it.
It was really nice not to be rushed.

Honestly, all the food was excellent and we were quite stuffed when we were done!
I also had a couple glasses of wine while we sat there
so I feel like we got a good amount for what we paid.

Plus, we got a reserved viewing area for the fireworks and parade!

I've been watching my parade video lately and it warms my heart.
It may be my favorite parade of all 😍 🎄

All in all, a solid choice and I would definitely book this kind of party again if they have it!

I'm out of photo space, so I'll post more fireworks and parade photos next
in case you don't feel like watching videos :goodvibes

Last edited:
DECEMBER 5, 2019
CHRISTMAS FIREWORKS AND PARADE!

The fireworks view wasn't the greatest, but it was good enough for us...

I loved how it started snowing after!

On the other hand, that parade viewing area was perfect!

Definitely a happy memory and such a fun night!

We headed out around midnight and took the bus back to our resort.
I was literally exhausted and was closing my eyes on the way back!
It had been a long day and we were grateful
we didn't have to wake at the crack of dawn the next day!

Very cool. We did not get to see this.

We loved these!

People seemed to rave about them but we both thought it was kind of dry and stale.

I'm so sorry yours wasn't good. He looks a little over cooked.

I had hemmed and hawed about booking this party to begin with
since it was a lot of money.
I don't even remember off the top of my head how much, but it was definitely a splurge!

It was expensive, which is why we passed on it. It's a lot easier to pay for just 2 and not 4. If it was just me and one daughter I would do it too.

( I think I was still on savory when she went and got this!)

This looks really good and the strawberries are soooo cute.

I've been watching my parade video lately and it warms my heart.

I'm so jelly! I wanted to see this sooo bad.

Perfect ending.

Definitely a happy memory and such a fun night!

I'm so glad you enjoyed you night together.

What a great night at MVMCP! I agree, those snowman pretzels weren't the greatest. It clearly felt like the free version of the Mickey pretzel. And what a great choice to do the Tony's party. I had a friend who was a seater at Tony's and she said it really didn't bring in a lot of people, but that looked to everyone's benefit. Also, the food does look really good, which is surprising considering TTS's reputation lol

Excuse me now while I watch your MOUCP video and cry (It's my personal favorite MK parade, as you might already know lol)

I just dove into this today and so bummed I'm caught up! All the Christmas makes me happy and excited for our next trip. We were supposed to go in May and rescheduled for September. Then we found out I was pregnant with #2 so September is now off the table (no end in sight to covid spikes, and not enough data on how it may affect pregnancy and babies for me to be comfortable with any amount of risk). So we decided to postpone til December 2021.

I've been extra bummed lately because DD is 18 months and SO in love with "Bickey and Mimmie" right now, obsessed with all things Pooh, and the perfect age that I think she'd be amazed by meeting characters. But seeing all the Christmas stuff, remembering how much she loved Christmas trees this past year, makes me so excited to take her to WDW in December. Even if it's a year and a half later than originally planned.

Too bad yours wasn't good. I loved that snack but mine was fresh and warm.
But before we headed in, we ran into Ariane and her husband Steve in Town Square!
We talked a little bit, took a quick picture and then went our separate ways...
Cute picture!
I hope we get the chance to do this again someday…maybe in December 2021 ::yes::
I LOVED the Tony's party! So worth it!
Worth the $99 USD right there!
We headed out around midnight and took the bus back to our resort.
I was literally exhausted and was closing my eyes on the way back!
It had been a long day and we were grateful
we didn't have to wake at the crack of dawn the next day!
I know, such a long day!

Edited to say I went back and watched both videos and had ALL the feels!

Last edited:
The party and event at Tony’s looks like a very fun night. I have heard good things about the extra party at Tony’s. The spot for the parade and fireworks is so nice to have.
Ahh thanks for all the fun pictures and Disney memories!
I hope your arm starts to feel better soon!

I have no idea either :laughing: Remember, I'm a baby nurse, not a big-people's nurse. We don't see many broken bones in the NICU!
When I first read that, I read it as you're a baby-nurse... as in you can put on band-aids and kiss boo boos. :rolleyes1
I'm assuming. But maybe they ask what you'd like on it. I'm going to have to research this before I go!
::yes::
As Allie shakes her head :sad2:
:lmao:
Trust me on this one!
mmmmm... pretzel.... however...
... that's unfortunate.
we ran into Ariane
I'm sorry. Who?

:rolleyes2

:duck:
Maybe around $80-$100?
Glad you enjoyed it so much. :)
Allie's plate o'carbs
Another little plate of dessert that we shared...
That looks really yummy.
Nice! Your spot for fireworks is different from your parade spot. Did you go inside in between?
I liked it too, but... (for me) nothing beats MNSSHP parade.
That was a nice touch... although... I really do go to Florida to get away from that stuff!
You met Tony?!?!?!?!?!?

I am posting from my comfy Beach Club Villas bed :love: So sorry about your your arm, ugh! I know you don’t want to miss work but as a non nurse I do think you should have that MRI, my friend xoxo

I was wondering if you were going to post the picture of us - oops I mean you and Ariane 😆 We had so much fun at the party but I do kind of wish we did the Tony’s party. Looking forward to the next time we can do MVMCP💛

I didn't know they were offering renewals? I have a renewal certificate also, but I bought it back in April. I can't even think of all the money I've spent on tickets this years for maybe nothing :sad2:

He called and was able to renew because we were trying to make park reservations for Sept and couldn't since his pass would be expired. It most likely will be a renewal for nothing because we prob won't be able to go. :(

How fun are all these decorations!

:love::love::love:

Allie got Corn Dog nuggies at Casey's...

yum!

He moves from Yellow Phase to Red Phase tomorrow where I think he officially starts training. These last two weeks were kind of a quarantine period, but this is where the tough work begins. He's in a good mind-set for now though and I imagine he'll be okay 🙏

I'll be thinking of him! I'm sure it won't be easy but he'll do great.

For now I'm using an arm splint I got at CVS and living on 800mg of Advil. If it's not feeling better in a week then maybe I'll consider the MRI.

Spoken like a true nurse! I hope it feels better soon!

We found them to be hit or miss. If you got a fresh batch, they were delicious.

All in all, a solid choice and I would definitely book this kind of party again if they have it!

We debated the Halloween version and ultimately cancelled it but it does seem like fun. Hopefully it'll be around again in the future for us to try!

We loved these!

I think we got a bad batch. Most people loved them!

It was expensive, which is why we passed on it. It's a lot easier to pay for just 2 and not 4. If it was just me and one daughter I would do it too.

That's very true! And now that @suse66 just reminded me of the price, I can definitely see why it would be cost prohibitive for more than two people. I certainly don't think I would have brought the whole family either!

This looks really good and the strawberries are soooo cute.

They were cute! I wish I could have tried one :rotfl: Allie loves her chocolate covered strawberries!

I'm so jelly! I wanted to see this sooo bad.

Come meet us in December 2021!

And what a great choice to do the Tony's party. I had a friend who was a seater at Tony's and she said it really didn't bring in a lot of people, but that looked to everyone's benefit.

It certainly did! It was so nice and not at all busy like the regular dessert parties!

Also, the food does look really good, which is surprising considering TTS's reputation lol

I'm one of the few people here who defends TTS! We love it and eat here every trip :rotfl:
In fact, my mom and I were just talking about Tony's yesterday saying how we love getting a late lunch reservation there and watching the parade from the porch :love:

Excuse me now while I watch your MOUCP video and cry (It's my personal favorite MK parade, as you might already know lol)

:hug:

I didn't know that, but I can see why! It's literally perfect 🥰

I just dove into this today and so bummed I'm caught up!

Haha! Thanks for reading and don't worry, there's more to come!

All the Christmas makes me happy and excited for our next trip.

I love reading Christmas trip reports too ::yes::

Then we found out I was pregnant with #2

Congratulations!!

So we decided to postpone til December 2021.

Sounds like a perfect time to go! We'll be there then too :goodvibes

I've been extra bummed lately because DD is 18 months and SO in love with "Bickey and Mimmie" right now, obsessed with all things Pooh, and the perfect age that I think she'd be amazed by meeting characters. But seeing all the Christmas stuff, remembering how much she loved Christmas trees this past year, makes me so excited to take her to WDW in December.

I'm sorry, I know it's hard to postpone these trips. We were supposed to bring my niece for her first trip in October but we've decided to postpone that to next April with hopes that things will be more "normal." She's obsessed with Disney and keeps talking about going so it was a tough decision to postpone :sad1:

Having a Christmas trip planned sounds wonderful for your DD ::yes::

Worth the $99 USD right there!

Ouch! Thanks ( ?? ) for that reminder :rotfl2: It's all coming back to me now why it took me so long to commit! But I'm glad we did :-)

Edited to say I went back and watched both videos and had ALL the feels!

Same! I was thinking I was crazy for watching these in July, glad I'm not the only one :P

The party and event at Tony’s looks like a very fun night. I have heard good things about the extra party at Tony’s. The spot for the parade and fireworks is so nice to have.

I hope we have the chance to do that again someday!

I hope your arm starts to feel better soon!

Thanks, Caroline!

I'm sorry. Who?

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Maybe around $80-$100?

@suse66 (painfully) reminded me…$99/person. That doesn't sound bad but on top of the $125 we had already spent on MVMCP tickets…well, you do the math o_O

Nice! Your spot for fireworks is different from your parade spot. Did you go inside in between?

We did and that was one of the nicest parts about Tony's party. We left our food and drinks on our table to go watch the fireworks and then went back in to warm up a bit and eat a little more before the parade ::yes::

I liked it too, but... (for me) nothing beats MNSSHP parade.

I love that one too and honestly, if I was posting a video of MNSSHP, I'd probably say that was my favorite :rotfl: They're both so perfect :love:

That was a nice touch... although... I really do go to Florida to get away from that stuff!

Yeah, but you don't have to shovel this kind :P

You met Tony?!?!?!?!?!?

We did! It was super fun!

I am posting from my comfy Beach Club Villas bed

I'm so jealous!

I was wondering if you were going to post the picture of us - oops I mean you and Ariane

:rotfl2:

I purposely didn't tag you for obvious reasons! I am wondering when we'll be able to start tagging you again!

We had so much fun at the party but I do kind of wish we did the Tony’s party.

I wish you did too…you guys would have loved it!

He called and was able to renew because we were trying to make park reservations for Sept and couldn't since his pass would be expired. It most likely will be a renewal for nothing because we prob won't be able to go. :(

:sad1:

I hear ya. I'm praying that if October doesn't happen then at least next April will. If not then Allie would have gotten an AP to use a Grand Total of 4-days :sad:

I'll be thinking of him! I'm sure it won't be easy but he'll do great.

Thank you!

We debated the Halloween version and ultimately cancelled it but it does seem like fun. Hopefully it'll be around again in the future for us to try!

I would contemplate the Halloween one too, although part of what sold me on the one for Christmas was getting in out of the cold. That problem doesn't exist for Halloween. It's still a super fun party 🥰

@suse66 (painfully) reminded me…$99/person. That doesn't sound bad but on top of the $125 we had already spent on MVMCP tickets…well, you do the math o_O
Ouch, but... sounds like it was worth it.
We did and that was one of the nicest parts about Tony's party. We left our food and drinks on our table to go watch the fireworks and then went back in to warm up a bit and eat a little more before the parade ::yes::
Very nice perk!!
I love that one too and honestly, if I was posting a video of MNSSHP, I'd probably say that was my favorite :rotfl: They're both so perfect :love:
Yeah, but you don't have to shovel this kind :P
True!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter