We Won a Castle Night!

Guzzi

DIS Veteran
On July 9 we won and stayed at the Castle! :cool1:

Who we are: Myself, my wife celebrating her birthday on the 10th, my daughter, 14 and my son 9

How my son won:

We rode thunder mountain railroad on the 9th at around 10:30am As we walked down the ramp to the loading area I noticed a dream team on the other side of ride, the opposite loading area. I wispered to my wife "theres a dream team, too bad we are on the wrong side", I didnt want the kids to here and get their hopes dashed. We got on and rode tmrr, and as we re-entered the loading area I saw the dream team and wondered how they got on our side (I did not know that the trains switch sides). My wife and I were sitting together with the kids behind us, son and dtr. One member of the DT, Dorothy walked past my wife and I and I figured they would approach the familyl behind ours, as I stepped off the train I looked back for our kids and saw Dorothy stop Joe, my nine year old, he looked a little weired out, and she asked him what grade he was in and if anyone in his immediate family worked for disney, he answered "4th and no", at this time Dorothy asked all of us to follow her as we might have won somthing. We had no idea what this ment, I was hoping for fast passes and afraind of a vacation club membership due to tax issues, well we when outside with the DT and they showed us a video with a portable player, the video told us we won a night in the castle:banana:

What comes with the night in the castle:
the stay in the castle, the room was beautiful, I'll try to post pics tonite. We lead the afternoon parade in a covered car, rode with daisey, and watched the remainder of the parade in a vip viewing area at the fire house, we were given dinner at Cindarella's royal table concierge guide through the park that evening, which got us to the front of each line for each ride we rode on, vip viewing area for spectro magic parade, and breakfast at the crystal palace the next morning.

Little extras to this extra special experience:

When ever anyone said they were thirsty, espcially Joey, water or soda would meet us some where, when joey said he wanted ice cream at spectromagic, micky bars appeared. The most wonderful thing of all for my wife and I happened with my son and Dorothy, he apparently mentioned to her that he wanted a pluto hat, we had talked to him about this and said it could be one of his suvies, after we got to the viewing area for the parade, dorothy gave Joey a disney bag, inside was a pluto hat, he was so excited, it was wonderful to see, and I actually got a little teary, it was just such a nice thing for her to do for him

The wierd:
It was very wierd to cut the lines with our concierge Steve all evening. On the rides it wasnt too bad since lots of folks had fast passes, but when my son wanted to get some character signitures, we cut around the back of the character line at mickey's toon town and stepped in fornt of folks at the head of a very long line, we all felt kinda bad about that but Disney's explination was that the time they took from our vacation with the paper work and parade participation was time away from our vacation and they wanted to make up for it by dong away with lines that evening.

The amazing, on Sunday the 13th, at Animal Kingdom gettiing off primevil whirl, we won dream fast passes!, pretty cool huh!

I dont know how that little character got on the title of this subscription, a frown certainly shouldnt be there

WOW what a great thing to happon. CONGRATS!!! Sounds like you had a great vacation!!!!!

P.S. I got chills reading your post.

Oh how great for your whole family!! It all sounded wonderful. I kept reading thinking where's the bad to warrant the frown???? :lmao:

OMG how lucky r u ... i wood die and go to heaven if i got told id won all that :cloud9:

I dont know how that little character got on the title of this subscription, a frown certainly shouldnt be there

I did wonder about the frown. I think you can go to your first post and there should be an edit link in your view of the post since you are the original poster. Just make sure that you are logged in. You can use the edit link to omit the frown. You have to go to advanced link. I just tried the edit advance feature myself to check it out! :thumbsup2

I can also understand how it might have felt a bit uncomfortable for you to go ahead of others in line. I even feel this way at times using my fastpass! :lmao:

I almost didn't read your post because I thought the frowning smilie meant you had to turn down the prize. That would be too sad. I'm so glad I opened the thread and read your wonderful news!! What an amazing way for your wife to start her birthday - waking up in Cindy's Castle:thumbsup2

I would love to win a night stay in the castle during our trip next month!!!! But I would be happy to win anything.

Congrats again!!!

Oh how great for your whole family!! It all sounded wonderful. I kept reading thinking where's the bad to warrant the frown???? :lmao:

I dont know how it got in the title , and I dont know how to take it out!:confused3 lol

I did wonder about the frown. I think you can go to your first post and there should be an edit link in your view of the post since you are the original poster. Just make sure that you are logged in. You can use the edit link to omit the frown. You have to go to advanced link. I just tried the edit advance feature myself to check it out! :thumbsup2

I can also understand how it might have felt a bit uncomfortable for you to go ahead of others in line. I even feel this way at times using my fastpass! :lmao:

Thanks, I just followed your directions and changed it:cool2:

That's wonderful!!! If only I could get something close to that. What an experience to remember forever.

WOW, I AM SO TOTALLY JEALOUS. I want a night in the castle so badly, but will never get my hopes up.

HMMM, :rolleyes1 note to self, maybe I can hide in the castle, and just sleep in a dark hallway, would still be a night in the castle......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter