Weight Watcher Recipe-Help!

keri-k

Mouseketeer
My 10 year old daughter is in the hospital for the third day today. I've found a Weight Watcher magazine in the waiting room from January/February. Inside it has a delicious looking dessert called Nanaimo Bars. I went to the page where the recipe should be and someone had ripped it out. If anyone has it, PLEASE post it. Also, if anyone has one called Pecan Perfect that would be great, too. Thanks in advance!!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Keri

This one was posted on RecipeZaar.com by senseicheryl on Jan 6, 2009
"I just received my January/February 2009 Weight Watchers Magazine. Every magazine has a recipe makeover and this is the one featured this time...."
http://www.recipezaar.com/Nanaimo-Bars-Ww-Points-3-No-Bake-347467

Ingredients
1/4 cup light butter, the stick kind
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 egg
1 cup low fat graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup rolled oat
1/2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 teaspoons light butter, the stick kind
1 tablespoon nonfat milk
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 teaspoons light butter, the stick kind

Directions
Line a 9-inch square baking pan with plastic wrap.

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar, cocoa and egg. Cook 1 minute. Stir in graham cracker crumbs, rolled oats, coconut, walnuts and vanilla.

Pat the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Freeze until firm, 30 minutes.

With an electric mixer, beat butter and milk. Beat in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread over the crust and chill 15 minutes.

Microwave chocolate and remaining butter 10 seconds; stir. Spread over the filling; chill 2 hours.

Cut into bars.

And this one was posted on Weight Watchers Canada
http://www.weightwatchers.ca/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=84021

Ingredients

1 cup(s) graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
2 oz milk chocolate chips
1/8 cup(s) packaged shredded coconut
3 tbsp reduced-calorie margarine, melted
1 oz fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk
5 oz lite whipped topping
4 oz semisweet baking chocolate
1 tbsp reduced-calorie margarine

Instructions

Line bottom of an 8 X 8-inch baking pan with parchment or waxed paper.

Place graham cracker crumbs, nuts, chocolate chips and coconut in a food processor; pulse until combined and then add melted margarine. Stir together and pour into prepared baking pan, patting down crust evenly on the bottom; place into freezer for 10 minutes. (Note: If you cannot find graham cracker crumbs, crush 6 whole graham cracker sheets into crumbs in a food processor.)

In a bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until firm; add in whipped topping. Spread evenly on top of chilled crust and place back into freezer for 45 minutes, or until firm.

Melt baking chocolate and 1 tablespoon of margarine in a small saucepan over low heat; stir and set aside until luke warm. Pour and spread over pudding layer and place into refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes. Cut into 16 bars and serve.

I never tried these in Canada as they seemed to be Fat in a cookie:rotfl: but I might try the WW version if I can find the ingredients over here;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter