• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Weird Al Pays Tribute To Jungle Cruise

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
Has anyone else heard Weird Al's new song "Skipper Dan"? It's about a great actor-turned-tour guide on Jungle Cruise. It's hysterical! You can only find it on line - check it out!

ya someone posted a link to that a while ago...
but your right it's worth checking out.

It is hilarous.
As a former skipper myself I can relate.:rotfl:

Makes me wonder what other Disney rides would make good Weird Al songs?
I can only imagine what Small World would be like.

I think the Tiki Room would be another great song.

I was a CM there and after a 10 hour day and having spent 3-4 hours there it wears a little thin.

I saw the video too. Made me feel for the CMs that listen and go through the same attraction throughout their shift.

I actually used the video and song in my HS psychology class last semeser! The kids actually liked it.

Thank You for shareing that was Greatttttttttttttttttt !:rotfl2:

Another thanks for the post and link.

"There it is, the backside of water" :lmao:

That was great! I would love to hear more songs about Disney rides. It's A Small World, anyone? ;)

That was super! I wonder how many CM's actually feel like this?

I love the 'Cruise and I think Weird Al rocks, but that particular song is really sad...

It's a testament to what a lot of people go thru to get a job in the entertainment industry, only to wind up as "Skipper Dan"s...

Reminds me of the bartender at the Wilderness Lodge who liked to show off the photos of his excellent commercial art, and who took the bartending job just to get his foot in the door at WDW...

I love the 'Cruise and I think Weird Al rocks, but that particular song is really sad...

It's a testament to what a lot of people go thru to get a job in the entertainment industry, only to wind up as "Skipper Dan"s...

Reminds me of the bartender at the Wilderness Lodge who liked to show off the photos of his excellent commercial art, and who took the bartending job just to get his foot in the door at WDW...

It reminded me more of John Lasseter. Dan is a young fella, im sure he will be fine. :thumbsup2

I was almost afraid to post, because that's how I felt too - that the song was really sad. Talk about a life of quiet desperation! :sad1:

We found it last summer, and DD, who "stars in every HS play", has the entire thing memorized. It's something to think about before deciding to go into theater.

We found it last summer, and DD, who "stars in every HS play", has the entire thing memorized. It's something to think about before deciding to go into theater.

Maybe I should send this to my niece. She is studying theater at Penn State. :confused3

For the last 15 years or so she has lived outside WDW and for the last two summers was a lifeguard at TL. This summer she wants to go back and be a "friend" ;) of Snow White. If she does get the job I hope it isn't permanent.

I was almost afraid to post, because that's how I felt too - that the song was really sad. Talk about a life of quiet desperation! :sad1:

This is no way a tribute to JC.

Its a sad story of someone who followed a dream and it led him to being the skipper of a boat that he doesn't even steer telling the same corny jokes. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter