Went apple picking...Need great apple recipes!

PrincessTigerLily

DIS Veteran
We went apple picking for the first time yesterday, so much fun! DH had to work today (a 14 hour shift :eek: ) and I promised him something yummy for when he returns home. Then I started looking up recipes on the internet, and there are so many I am overwhelmed!!
Anyone have some great apple recipes??
Thank you!

Can't beat apple pie, or apple crumble:goodvibes If I have some windfally/bit manky ones I cut out the worst bits (but don't peel or core) roughly chop and make apple jelly. Herb jelly is just apple jelly with herbs, and little jars of this make great Chritmas gifts for teachers etc. - rosemary for lamb, sage for pork, thyme for chicken.:goodvibes

I make something I call "fake" apple pie. It is really easy! I DO NOT measure anything. I eyeball it all. :scratchin I peel, cut & slice some apples, however many I have or feel like doing. Then add the brown sugar, add more if it doesn't look like enough. Add a little cinnamon, more if needed. Start with a smaller amount and add more if needed. Make some cinnamon sugar. One thing you will need, that you might not have on hand is a roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough (Pillsbury or a cheaper version, whatever). You can make as much or as little as you feel like making. It is delicious!

Ingredients:
1 roll of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
Apples
brown sugar
cinnamon
white sugar

Peel, core & slice apples. Put in bowl. Put a scoop of brown sugar in bowl. Add some cinnamon. Mix together. :stir: Pour in pie plate, lined muffin cups, or other pan. Cut sugar cookie dough into slices. Top apples with cookie dough. Mix cinnamon and white sugar (make cinnamon sugar). Sprinkle cookie dough with cinnamon sugar. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until done.

Enjoy. My kids (both VERY PICKY) LOVE this.:yay:

You can also add a can of whole berry cranberry sauce to the apples. And ice cream if you feel like it.

Both my DD's LOVE it. They won't eat apple pie, but will eat all of my "fake apple pie" if I let them. When they were in elementary school, I would make it every year when they celebrated Johnny Appleseed. I would make it in muffin tins/liners and take it to school.

I love that it is so easy, no measuring, just throw it all together.:cheer2: Make as much, or as little as you like.

Here is my sugar free apple cobbler recipe, I make this about once a week during the fall...

4 cups sliced apples ....about 4 or 5
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup splenda
1 cup self rising flour
1 egg
1 stick of butter (melted)

Slice apples into casserole dish, add lemon juice, mix sugar, flour, & egg and pour over top...then pour melted butter over top of that, bake at 350 fro 30 minutes...super easy! I also add cinnamon and splenda mixed to sprinkle over the top before baking....ENJOY~:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter