We're Baaaaack, timandlesley's return to WDW w/ TONS of pics-6/19pg117 TR IS UP!!!!!

timandlesley

<font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t
We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :yay:
I've had tons of people PM me to see where we have been but we are here and we have booked and let the fun begin.

For starters, here is our family:
DisneyDay12068Small2.jpg

There is myself, I am 31 years old, a full time special education teacher, part time online professor for University of Phoenix, devoted mother and wife and DISNEY ADDICT:
Photo10-3.jpg

There is my wonderful (and halarious, stick around, you'll see throughout this thread as it devlops) husand Tim (32 years old). We've been married for 9 years and he has fallen for Disney just as hard as me and we love planning trips together and writing these reports together.
Here is a pic from this summer:
DisneyDay12065Small.jpg

We have two wonderful adorable children (oh come on, I'm partial : )
Luke (6 years old, in the first grade this year and been going to Disney every year for as long as he can remember, he looks forward to our annual trips) Here is a pic of him after he was super proud trading pins:
Photo6Small-7.jpg

Then we have Lauren, our 4 year old Princess. She has been going to Disney with us every year since she was 8 months old, so an annual Disney vacation to her is just standard and she LOVES everything Disney has to offer. Here is our happy princess after her Bippety Boppety Botique experience this summer:
Photo46Small-1.jpg

Like I said, we go every year to Disney. I am a teacher so really the only time for us is in the summer. We always go in June because we just can't wait to get to Disney and so we hop on a plane and go as soon as school gets out. This year we decided on June 8-17th.
We JUST booked this week and let me tell you about our decisions.
The new dining plan threw us a bit but after discussing it we have decided to book the regular dining plan - so stay tuned for planning around that when the time comes closer (Man I just LOVE this stuff : )
We had the debate about resorts this year. If you have read our previous TR's you know how much we LOVE the Wilderness Lodge. This past summer we couldn't afford it so we tried POFQ, we just loved POFQ, what a beautiful resort, great transportation, loved the pool, just everything about it:
Photo68Small.jpg

Tim R-E-A-L-L-Y Loved it :rotfl:
Photo71Small.jpg

The kids loved it too. But, (there is ALWAYS a but) we really want to return to the Wilderness Lodge, with visions of previous trips there dancing in our heads :
DisneyDay2and3017.jpg

So..................... drum roll please....................... after a lot, and I mean A LOT of discussion we decided to book 9 nights/10 days, Magic Your Way Package with dining (Yum, I'm drooling just THINKING about it) at the Wilderness Lodge this summer from June 8-17th. WE CAN'T WAIT!!!! I booked through AAA again and enjoyed the discount they had to offer. We just booked this week and are so thrilled.
I recently applied (along with 10,000 other people) for the Disney mom's panel, I felt that position was just created for me, it would be my dream to help other mothers plan their Disney vacations with their families. If by some miracle I make it to the next round I would post here for everyone. So pray for me please : )
If you haven't gone on a trip report adventure with us before, Tim and I get a little crazy sometimes:
Photo13Small.jpg

and Tim is known to write a song or two about our adventures. I take and post a TON of pictures and love discussing all of our plans with you. And come on, WE HAVE CUTE KIDS : )
DisneyDay12002.jpg

I can't wait to share our adventures with you, so subscribe, start posting, and let's have some Disney fun!!!!!
Photo67Small-1.jpg

[

Tim's latest weight loss pics
Lauren's Birthday Pics
Disney On Ice Pics
Halloween pics/mother daughter tea
Tim's newest 60 lb weight loss pic
Wiggles Pics
Dining planning begins
Dining planning, help needed
Dining update
Tim's lost 70 pounds!!!
Tentative Itinerary- need feedback
Advanced Dining Reservations Made
Airline help needed
Few small changes
Video Announcement from Tim (GOTTA SEE THIS!!!!)
Updated itinerary/possible visitors/airfare )
FLIGHTS BOOKED!!!! Details here, but TRIP DATES CHANGED
HSM on ice review with pics and video
New Itinerary
BIG NEWS!!!!!!! Deluxe Dining plan now : )
New Itinearary w/ Deluxe Dining in action
Polar Bear Plunge Huge Accident
a "hairless" Tim and Luke's pirate party invitations pics
HUGE NEWS!!!! Trip paid off in full!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luke's Pirate party pics and report
pg 52 Ode to the Disboards from Tim
pg. 54 latest and greatest itinerary with new additions and upgrade news
pg. 63 huge rant
pg. 66 58 days!!!!!!!!!!
pg 67 Mini diny Trip Report w/ pics
pg 67 New purchases/countdown calendar pics
pg. 69 - Tim and I on a Podcast, check out the link!
pg.73- updates and funny pic update : )
pg.74 Lauren dances to Spectro ; )
pg.75 - let the lists begin!
pg. 81 update
pg 83 MickeyKitchen!!!
GUESS WHAT CAME!?!
pg.88 ITINERARY!!!!
pg. 90 kitchen accessories/mousekeeping envelopes.
pg.91 20 days and counting, let the preparation continue!
pg.93 ULTIMATE packing list!
pg. 95 14 days and counting!!!
pg. 95 decisions/delima's
pg. 100 - 7 days!!! This time next week. . . .w/ pics
pg.116 We're Home!
pg. 117 TRIP REPORT IS UP:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25773969&posted=1#post25773969 go to that link for big fun with timandlesley!!!!

Yeay Lesley! I've been waiting for you to start your new pre-trip report! Looking forward to reading about your planning and your wonderful family again :)

Good luck with the mom panel! That would be awesome if you made it!

YES! Les and Tim are back! Hooray! It's like when your favorite tv show goes on hiatis for the off season and then you hear it's coming back.... I'm setting my DISboard TIVO for this one. Can't wait to hear all about the planning Lesley. And congrats on WL w/ Deluxe Dining, wow!

WooHoo. So glad you're trip is booked and we can come along again for another ride!

By the way, I had a Tim and Lauren sighting about 2-3 weeks ago at the VOA Target in West Chester, I was going to say "hey, aren't you Tim from the Disboards?", but I didn't want him to think he had a Target stalker, so I just smiled to myself like, hey, I've seen a disboard celebrity at the VOA Target.

We are considering WL next August, we LOVE it there too. I guess I should book my trip soon if I want any AAA discount, huh?

Good luck on the Mom's panel! I am thinking about applying for that too, but I don't have the writing skills you do! Hope to see you in the World, we will be there for your first two days (our trip is June 1-10). I hope Star Wars weekends falls in that time frame, DH is a big fan and we've never been in June before!

I thought about the Deluxe Dining Plan, but I just don't know if we could ever eat that much and I don't want to be constantly rushing around to the next ADR. We just got back 2 weeks ago and are still recovering from all the eating and rushing around on the regular dining plan. We are honestly thinking about not doing a dining plan at all (the horror!) with the crappy changes this year. We are also staying concierge for the first time (on DVC points), so we'll have breakfast and lots of snacks covered. Anyway, I am looking forward to reading along and planning along with you, you may change my mind!

YEAH, you DO have a fan base, Les, me being one
of your biggest!! So glad I inspired you to get back
here. By the way, you kids are adorable, they are
soooooooo cute!!:cutie: So excited about your 2008
june trip. My dream is to stay at WL if some miracle
occurs and we get to see that mouse again! Can't
wait to hear more updates:goodvibes Thanks for
returning...Hi Tim!

Welcome back...I too have a first grader who also has gone every year or even a few times a year and thinks it is normal and what other kids do to. :rotfl2:

Have a question...what do you teach in Special Ed...I am almost done with my masters and getting an extra endorsement in autism.

Love the pics...cannot wait to keep reading.

I am on board and happy to see you back! I had a feeling you would be back to WL. My family just loved WL back in 2005. Unfortunately we don't have a trip to WDW planned right now :sad1: . So I will enjoy hearing about your plans. Good luck on the Mom's panel. You'd be great.:)

Hi Lesley!

Good luck with the Mom Panel!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Kathy
Thanks for the pixie dust!
Lesley

Yeay Lesley! I've been waiting for you to start your new pre-trip report! Looking forward to reading about your planning and your wonderful family again :)

Good luck with the mom panel! That would be awesome if you made it!
Thanks, glad to have you on board again, I agree, would be AWESOME, but I only have a 1 in 1,000 chance, we'll see :goodvibes
Lesley

YES! Les and Tim are back! Hooray! It's like when your favorite tv show goes on hiatis for the off season and then you hear it's coming back.... I'm setting my DISboard TIVO for this one. Can't wait to hear all about the planning Lesley. And congrats on WL w/ Deluxe Dining, wow!
Thanks Darlene!!!
Lesley

WooHoo. So glad you're trip is booked and we can come along again for another ride!

By the way, I had a Tim and Lauren sighting about 2-3 weeks ago at the VOA Target in West Chester, I was going to say "hey, aren't you Tim from the Disboards?", but I didn't want him to think he had a Target stalker, so I just smiled to myself like, hey, I've seen a disboard celebrity at the VOA Target.

We are considering WL next August, we LOVE it there too. I guess I should book my trip soon if I want any AAA discount, huh?
I'm excited to have it booked too. That's so funny you saw them, Tim laughed when he read your post, next time say hi. I would book soon for the AAA discount, that's why we did.
Lesley

Good luck on the Mom's panel! I am thinking about applying for that too, but I don't have the writing skills you do! Hope to see you in the World, we will be there for your first two days (our trip is June 1-10). I hope Star Wars weekends falls in that time frame, DH is a big fan and we've never been in June before!

I thought about the Deluxe Dining Plan, but I just don't know if we could ever eat that much and I don't want to be constantly rushing around to the next ADR. We just got back 2 weeks ago and are still recovering from all the eating and rushing around on the regular dining plan. We are honestly thinking about not doing a dining plan at all (the horror!) with the crappy changes this year. We are also staying concierge for the first time (on DVC points), so we'll have breakfast and lots of snacks covered. Anyway, I am looking forward to reading along and planning along with you, you may change my mind!
Thanks for the good luck, they closed the entries to it because they reached the maximum of 10000 entries. we'll see. I am excited about the Deluxe Dining plan, we'll probably use it for one counter service a day or use our snacks for one meal and do a 2 TS credit restaraunt a few times, can't wait!!! Concierge, HOW COOL!!! That would be great.
Lesley

YEAH, you DO have a fan base, Les, me being one
of your biggest!! So glad I inspired you to get back
here. By the way, you kids are adorable, they are
soooooooo cute!!:cutie: So excited about your 2008
june trip. My dream is to stay at WL if some miracle
occurs and we get to see that mouse again! Can't
wait to hear more updates:goodvibes Thanks for
returning...Hi Tim!
Thanks Sharon, sl glad you are back on board. Hope you get to go back and see Mickey again soon.
Lesley

Welcome back...I too have a first grader who also has gone every year or even a few times a year and thinks it is normal and what other kids do to. :rotfl2:

Have a question...what do you teach in Special Ed...I am almost done with my masters and getting an extra endorsement in autism.

Love the pics...cannot wait to keep reading.
That is funny. Yes, I do teach special ed in a multi handicapped room for 2-3rd graders, I've been doing it for 10 years and love it.
Lesley

I am on board and happy to see you back! I had a feeling you would be back to WL. My family just loved WL back in 2005. Unfortunately we don't have a trip to WDW planned right now :sad1: . So I will enjoy hearing about your plans. Good luck on the Mom's panel. You'd be great.:)
Welcome back! Yes, we're excited to be back at WL this year. Thanks for the well wishes.
Lesley

Hey Lesley,

So glad to see you have already started on the next TR. I always enjoy reading your posts. It is always such a joy to see your comments.

I also applied for the mom panel after my kids and husband insisted the description sounded like me, but I have to say I would vote for you. You are the Disney guru!!! I wish you the best of luck!!!

We haven't started planning our next trip yet. I have had requests from my family to do a fall trip this time, because we always go in June as well. I would like to try to go at Christmastime. We will see! :goodvibes

Lesley, thanks for the PM! You couldn't have had better timing! I just got home yesterday and the depression is kicking in! Thank God for the DIS!! I am here and along for the ride!

I saw your new pretrip report this AM... and posted I thought:confused3
Can't wait to hear all about the planning- and man that must be a lot of food that you all can have. Back to the WL- what view are your reservations? Did you do AAA again? Lots of fun planning!

:cheer2: WAAHOOO!!!!:cool1: Tim & Lesley are back!! I just love reading your TR's :cool2: I am also wondering how much of a AAA discount you get with DDDP?? Hubby & I are thinking of joining CAA (Canadian division of AAA) and just wanna know if it is worth it for our 2 week trip in August!!:cheer2:

Good luck with the mom panel...you'd be awesome :dance3: Sending you lots of pixie dust luck!!!!:woohoo:

Hey Lesley,

So glad to see you have already started on the next TR. I always enjoy reading your posts. It is always such a joy to see your comments.

I also applied for the mom panel after my kids and husband insisted the description sounded like me, but I have to say I would vote for you. You are the Disney guru!!! I wish you the best of luck!!!

We haven't started planning our next trip yet. I have had requests from my family to do a fall trip this time, because we always go in June as well. I would like to try to go at Christmastime. We will see! :goodvibes
So glad you are back again with us. Well I wish you the best of luck in the panel selection too, surely a few disers will get on! I would love to go at Christmas time as well, the panel gets to ;)
Lesley

Thanks for the invite! Can't wait to read more
Welcome!

:cool1: Yeah!!!:cheer2:

Yes, you have ADORABLE kids!!! :goodvibes

Glad you started your pre-TR!!!:thumbsup2
Gee, thanks. Welcome back!
Lesley
Lesley, thanks for the PM! You couldn't have had better timing! I just got home yesterday and the depression is kicking in! Thank God for the DIS!! I am here and along for the ride!
Welcome home, I posted over there on your thread. I know those post Disney blues are the WORST but the Dis always pulls me through too, were here for you:grouphug:
Lesley

I saw your new pretrip report this AM... and posted I thought:confused3
Can't wait to hear all about the planning- and man that must be a lot of food that you all can have. Back to the WL- what view are your reservations? Did you do AAA again? Lots of fun planning!
Well, so glad you found us. You know, we already are making changes, see my post in a minute. I am so thrilled we are back at the WL, the view is part of our changes I'll post in a second. Yes, we did AAA again, it saved us about 250 this year.
Lesley

Sounds like it's going to be fun and yes your kids are adorable :goodvibes
Thanks! Welcome back.
Lesley
:cheer2: WAAHOOO!!!!:cool1: Tim & Lesley are back!! I just love reading your TR's :cool2: I am also wondering how much of a AAA discount you get with DDDP?? Hubby & I are thinking of joining CAA (Canadian division of AAA) and just wanna know if it is worth it for our 2 week trip in August!!:cheer2:

Good luck with the mom panel...you'd be awesome :dance3: Sending you lots of pixie dust luck!!!!:woohoo:
Thanks, glad you found us again. I got about a 250 discount using AAA, hey, every penny counts right!!! You would get more than 250 out of it for a two week trip, that's for sure, I'd give them a call and get a quote from them at the very least. Thanks for the pixie dust!!!
Lesley

So.............. I am happy to announce that Tim has gone gung ho into Dieting, etc. and since we left Disney he has dropped 35 pounds and continues to amaze me with his dieting and exercise routine.:yay:
We were on our way to church this a.m. and he started asking me about all the food in the deluxe dining plan (now mind you, the OLD Tim would have killed for this plan and was just as excited about it as I was when it was released). We decided with his new eating habits we'd rather downgrade to REGULAR DINING to save some money.
Then we started talking about the WL, we currently have a standard room booked (hey I just wanted the WL and was trying to save a buck).

so................ needless to say tomorrow I'll be calling AAA and requesting a downgrade from deluxe to basic dining and upgrading our room from standard to woods view WITH BUNKBEDS (the kids are THRILLED)!:woohoo:
Should save us around 350 according to my calculations on the computer but I'll share that here tomorrow after I talk to AAA.
I'll have to have Tim post an updated pic of himself with his weight loss with his song he's working on (oh yes, he is already working on one;) )
Hope everyone is having a GREAT Sunday!
Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter