We're booked and having a painful time waiting for our trip to be here!

daisy2jae

DIS Veteran
This is the first time I've attempted a trip report. Sorry if I don't go about this correctly....

This will be our first trip to WDW with all 5 of us.

This is me and DH. I've finally brought him over to the dark side :) He's now a big fan of disney. I think he's actually become a bigger fan than me. Hard to believe.
DH:
Works - Fulltime40+ hrs a week and Partime 17 hrs a week
School - graduated in dec 09 and is now getting ready to start his MBA in sept.
Fav Toon - Mickey and the Villians
Fav Park - Magic Kingdom
**Proud cancer surviour of 10 years**:cool1:

Me:
Works - Fulltime - I have my own home daycare of 12 kids M-F
Partime - Manage 17 income base apartments and run 3 kids youth clubs
School - no college just lots of classes for daycare training hours - more than I'm required to take
Fav Toon - Stitch and Pixar Characters
Fav park - Hollywood Studios

The kids are going with all 3 of them!
DS 3
DD 5
DD 10
They don't know we're going and we'll surprise them the night before our trip. We're flying out of Omaha and staying in the same suite we did the night before our honeymoon. We'll order room service and have them put something on the cart or plates to tell the kids. Need some ideas how do get the best out of this still trying to figure it out. My DH has a cancer check up the day before so that's why we'll be staying in Omaha the night before. We'll probably go to the zoo also to pass sometime but don't want to do too much. Rest and take it easy...

We are the crazy family that wears matching shirts. In past trips to WDW I've had custom tops made for the girls. However last year when we went to DL we brought our DS along. We had matching shirts made and it went over great. Didn't have to figure out what to wear and easy to find us in a crowd. We also had lots of people comment on them. I'm sure some thought we were a little crazy but oh well we're happy doing it!

We were not suppose to be taking a trip this year. We went June 2006 WDW, Dec/Jan 08 WDW - no kids, Aug 2008 WDW, June 2009 DL, and I went with my sister Aug 2009. I claimed I would not ask for this year know we'd be going in Sept 2011. However....tax return came and we were shocked! I knew there were better things to do with it but couldn't help myself!!! So we booked in March. Then free dinning came out and saved us enough money that we upgraded to the Comtempory! Never thought we'd be able to stay at a deluxe but we're going to on this trip!!

We are SOOOO excited I can't sleep at night. I have my packing list made and slowly collect things we need. AKA...baggie of AAA batteries, custom made shirts, rain ponchos, etc...you get the point. I have a drawer in the closet I have started as my packing drawer. I know I'm a nut sorry can't help myself.

I have everything figured out for our schedule during the trip. I'll post soon need to reprint it off the other computer since I have made a few changes to my hard copy. (something I keep doing ..I tell myself I'm cleaning up the errors...I'm just a control freak)

Our trip dates are Thurs sept 2nd to Sat Sept 11th but we'll be at WDW Sept 4th to 11th.

Thurs. Sept 2nd
Leave Yankton 5:00PM
Check into hotel

Fri. Sept 3rd
Dr Apt Travis & visit zoo 7AM Omaha
Bed no later than 10AM

Sat. Sept 4th
Wake up 415AM - Kids up no later than 450AM - out the door no later than 5:20 - we're minutes from the airport and as long as we're there by 6am we'll be fine. We usually get there 60 minutes before our flight. Hoping the kids will sleep on the second flight as our experience has been. We usually have a 6AM flight however this time we had an 11AM. Airline bumped us to 7AM a couple weeks ago. Thought we'd sleep in once before a flight but didn't work out this time.

Travel - Airfare INfo
7AM Omaha
8:12AM Minneapolis

9AM Minneapolis
1:13PM Orlando

Unload and head straight to Magic Kingdom!

Skipping Disney Magical Express. DH set up for a limo to take us. This way we get there faster and our DD 5 has been bagging us to get her a ride in a limo "she calls it a limbo".

Sun. Sept 5th
Hollywood Studios
Dinning:
Hollywood & Vine 8:20AM

Mon. Sept 6th
Magic Kingdom
Dinning:
Crystal Palace 8:15AM

Tues. Sept 7th
Animal Kingdom
Chef Mickey's 8:20AM
Downtown Disney - NO KIDS

4:00PM - 9PM Kids Nite Out - Jaxson
4:30PM-9:30PM Neverland Club - Girls

Wed. Sept 8th
Magic Kingdom (930-11 - While girls are at Pirate Adventure)
Epcot (for the rest of the day)
Dinning:
1900 Park Fare 8:10AM

Disney Pirate Adventure Kay & Ellie

Chip n Dale Garden Grill 4PM

Thurs. Sept. 9th
Hollywood Studios
Dinning:
Ohana 9AM

Fri. Sept. 10th
Magic Kingdom
Dinning:
Cinderella's 8:10AM

Sat. Sept. 11th Fly
8:20AM Orlando
11:05AM Detroit
12:30PM
1:31PM Omaha

PS - I need to update my count down clicker however I can't get it to fix to something different. Oh well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter