We're DL newbies - what's the weather like in June?

phyllis1966

Something witty
Hi - this is my first post on the DL boards and we're planning our first trip to sunny CA and DL!!! We're going at the end of June, after DD is out of school. Can anyone tell me what the weather might be like? I've been to WDW when it was 90 degrees and humid, and I'm hoping the weather while we're at DL will be much more tolerable... :sunny:

The temperatures should be bearable to excellent - I've been to DL 3 times in June and the lows range from mid-70s to highs in the upper 80s.

Something to consider is the 'June Gloom'. For some reason, June usualy stays cloudy and overcast until mid-afternoon. A bummer for those looking for 'Sunny California'.

Pictures and trip report from 2001: http://www.wideopenwest.com/~kitsune/dl1.htm

Thanks Buckimion! It sounds very bearable to me... :sunny:

Edited to add: I enjoyed your trip report and photos!

Buckimion said:
The temperatures should be bearable to excellent - I've been to DL 3 times in June and the lows range from mid-70s to highs in the upper 80s.

Something to consider is the 'June Gloom'. For some reason, June usualy stays cloudy and overcast until mid-afternoon. A bummer for those looking for 'Sunny California'.

Pictures and trip report from 2001: http://www.wideopenwest.com/~kitsune/dl1.htm

very true-

'June gloom' - not real cold but foggy/overcast skys
some days you may never really see far into the ocean...

hi to phyllis1966....I am also from NJ and we are going the end of June (June 24-July 3) for our first time to DL....we are going to San Diego for the first 4 days and then off to DLH.........I too have suffered through the florida heat and humidity in June/July so it sounds like the CA weather will be a nice change...

Been to LA a lot in the summer, and lived in FL in the summer - they aren't the same at all. There isn't much humidity in CA. The weather in CA in summer is dry and beautiful!

Wow - it sounds good to me!

KyMattDisney - I posted on another thread of yours earlier today when I noticed we were both from NJ and going at the same time to SD, then DL. I was bummed at first at the thought of not going to WDW this year in November (DD will be in a new school and we don't think it's a good idea to take her out for a week in November), but when DH suggested CA for San Diego and the zoo, we mapped it and realized how close SD is to DL and the lightbulb lit up!! I'm really excited about this trip now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter