We're leaving in a week, and I am NOT ready

Yay2001

Well, we all shine on ...
After all of the planning, the searching for discounts, saving every dime, and waiting -- I can't believe our trip is almost upon us!

It doesn't seem real, somehow. I've got deadlines all this week that I'm frantically trying to meet. Working a ton of overtime 'cause I'm gonna be gone for 2 weeks!

My DDs dance recital is this weekend. She will have a rehearsal Friday night and TWO performances on Sat. I have to work the following Monday, so I will have only 1 completely free day to get organized, pack, etc.

I havent bought fanny packs or ponchos or a collapsable cooler. I haven't read enough guidebooks. I dont know which touring plan to follow. Should we do EE, or not?! What's something fun to do at night that DOESNT cost a lot of $$$ or require a reservation a month in advance?! Are the fires out?

arrrggghhh!!! last minute suggestions are NEEDED and APPRECIATED!

<font face="Comic Sans MS">If you're like I was, the trip still won't seem real even when you're making that first stroll up Main Street USA. I just knew that I'd forget everything I'd read online and in guidebooks, but when you get there, you'll remember enough to survive. I'd highly recommend doing EE and then leaving that park once the crowds start to grow. That was our strategy, and we never waiting in line longer than 5 minutes for most attractions (granted we visited in late October). As for something fun to do at night that doesn't cost a ton of money or require reservations, you could check out the other resorts or head to Downtown Disney for some window shopping. Above all, relax and have a wonderful time! You're going to have a ball!</font> :D

Ok, breathe. You'll be fine once you're there things will fall into place. Just don't try to do too much. Enjoy what you're doing and not worry if you miss something.

For something to do at night that doesn't cost, you could hop on a bus to Fort Wilderness and go to the campfire. Chip & Dale have a sing along. You can roast marshmellows ( you can bring your own or buy them there) and make s'mores. Then they show a Disney movie after the sing along. My kids love this. We don't always stay for the movie. We stay for the singalong and then go swimming.

Hope this helps

Robin

Read teh guide books on the plane! My husband won't even discuss what he wants to do until we're actually travelling (he just doesn't think about things ahead of time).

So I always make sure that I have teh guidebooks with me; he gets a chance to read them, and I can finish planning out what we want to do when.

Relax and have a GREAT time!

good advice, Robin!!

I got out the guidebooks last night. Went over them with my kids and feel much better. Part of the problem is: they're teenagers -- maybe thats ANOTHER thread!

Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I know we'll have fun --

I was like that on our first trip, except that I had the flu and couldn't get out of bed for three days before we left! And you know what, it was the most magical trip!

Make a list of what you need so that when you head to Walmart you can run in not spend a ton of time. You WILL forget things but dpon't let it ruin your trip.

Prioritize your must do's.

Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter