were you at the congress park leisure pool the night of july 4th

tomerin

DIS Veteran
well after a rather hectic day of disney fun. had to check out at pop early in the am and go to SS to check in. waited for my Dw and DS#1 to arrive who were traveling by train, they were late as usual, so we waited and ate breaskfast . then waited for my rorther and his family to also arrive and everyone arrived at the same time. well my room was ready and theirs wasnt so we took the luggage to our room until theirs was ready. well then it was time for our food to be delivered so i waited and told the others to go to MGM and ill meet them there. well upon getting there i was greeted with the news of a fastpass to RnR so my trip was off to a fast start..literally!!

well we really enjoyed a first fairly fast paced day at MGM and the fireworks we just great. so what better way to end our day with a swim by the pool. so off we went. my Dw and myself were walking to the leisure pool and we heard music. we were wondering what was going on there. it got a bit louder and louder and we got closer and to ourt suprise it was like we walked into a pool party. well my wife was greeted with red,white and blue beads to wear. there was a bar available for refreshment,s a trivia contest and they were giving out free popcorn. very nice suprise indeed.

well what could cap this great night off. more fireworks i say. well close to 12pm we went to get a few of those great rocking chairs and waited for the fireworks. well the show was fantastic. we were all so stunned at how good they were. you at times seemed surrounded by fireworks. going off from on
top of some of the buildings at PI and a barge on the lake.

perfect way to begin our first stay at our new home.

was wondering if any others were there to experience the party

Wow sounds like a lot of fun, what a great way to spend your first day as a DVC owner and those little surprizes and special touches are why we own and keep coming back every year.

Glad you had such a magical start to your vacation

We werent there on the 4th, but the week before when they tested the PI fireworks for the 4th.

I know the nightly fireworks are a flash in the sky, but PI really surpasses the parks for holiday fireworks. The were amazing!! The next day, a CM said she heard them at our home, which is by Sea World! LOL!

We were at SSR for NYE and they also had a party at the CP pool with hats and noise makers and refreshments. We had the best seats ever, sitting on our patio drinking milkshakes and were thrilled we didnt have to fight the crowds in the parks that evening and still got to see AWESOME fireworks. We could even hear the loud roar and cheering from PI!

They really go all out on the 4th. We were there a few summers ago and watched the MK fireworks from the Poly beach. They were amazing -- you didn't know where to look next. Because of crowds we haven't been back on the 4th, but I will never forget those amazing fireworks. Sounds like you have some special memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter