What a great time!!!

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
I have to tell all of you that I'm so pumped after tonights meet. We had a fantastic turnout (over 100 people), and my only regret is that I didn't have more time getting to know everyone. I'll be honest and tell you all that I generally LOATHE meets. They tend to feel like 3 hour press conferneces for me, and that always drives me nuts.

This was different - I honestly felt like I was getting together with friends. So many genuinely great people - and I know it's only a fraction of the folks who listen. I don't normally get worked up after a meet & greet but this was very special. I can't wait for next week! And I'm inspired to do some really cool things next year. You will ALL want to listen to the Jan 1 show (we'll have new shows on Christmas Day and New Years Day!). We'll have some cool stuff to announce on Jan 1.

To those of you who didn't make it this year - I promise we'll be doing it again next year so start planning now :) To those who will be here next week - we can't wait to meet you!

Thanks to everyone who stopped by today - I think I can speak for everyone at the roundtable when I say it was a genuine pleasure!

Pete

I am so glad you guys had a great time!
As for next years meets, do you have to do them so close together? What about one in early November (when I will be there:goodvibes ) and the other in December?

Congrats on a successfull get together, can't wait to hear all the details and see the pictures. I'm sorry we missed it this year by two weeks, get next years dates out early and let the planning begin. :cool1: The Pod Squad rocks:thumbsup2

Wow - over 100 people! That's awesome!

I'm glad it was such a good time.

Can't wait to meet y'all next week!:banana: :banana:

I have to say thank you pod squad! My husband (who doesn't Disboard but loves the podcast) and I had a really wonderful time yesterday. I was worried we would feel awkward meeting people that we consider friends but who have no idea that we even exist - or worse, you guys would feel awkward meeting us! LOL! But you guys were all super-gracious and put me right at ease. What a nice gesture this was for all your listeners - can't wait to see what ya'll will surprise us with next year!

~Erica & Steve

It was fun and it was good to meet everyone, even if I had no clue who 90% of the people I met were :rotfl2:

We had a great time yesterday finally putting faces to voices! All of you are so friendly and nice.

It was a wonderful idea to have the podcast meet.

Fiona

I agree that it was so nice to put a face to the voice. The room was super, the snackies were super, the conversation was interesting and varied and we both had a great time.

We also met a couple of past cruising buddies also: Hi Tracy and Bill!

We took a couple of Great Pictures of Bob and the cart. Although we seemed to have missed everyone else. Maybe Bob and the lightsaber were distracting.

:)

Jim.

Sounds fabulous! I hope I'll be around for one of the get-togethers next year. (Psst...hey Pete, maybe you know a good travel agency that might be able to get some group rates on a Pod Squad cruise -- you know, like the DVC member cruise but without paying twice as much to go to no ports of call during hurricane season). :teeth:

Thanks to you ,Pete, and the team for your hospitality yesterday. It was great to meet so many nice people.....and the best TA's around.

I removed picture of the group.

podcastmeet_0003_edited-1.jpg

Sounds like you all had a fantastic time :thumbsup2 and some great photos too!!

Wish I could have been there:rolleyes: Will wait to see when the next ones wil be !!(July would be good :rolleyes1 )

I'm so glad the meet went so well! :goodvibes

I am planning on getting there next year :woohoo: , and I was worried that if Pete didn't have a good time, this would be the first and last year for the meets!

Thank you Pete for hosting these events. It means a lot to some of us to be able to express how much delight we get out of your site and podcast! Thank you (and all the DIS team) for your hard work and dedication - it really does mean a lot! :thumbsup2

Hey PodSquad! Y'all look great!

Pete! I'm so glad you had a great time and I can understand your feelings regarding meets. Some of them are very difficult to get through. But, it sounds like you had a great mix of people! I am going to try very hard to get to the meets next year! I started listening sort of mid-year this year, so I'll be better prepared with my vacation time this year!!

:banana:

Yeah 2008!

And, have I said thanks so much for the Christmas Day and New Years Day podcasts!! Those shows are a great gift and I can't wait to Unplug on Christmas Day.

I'm glad you guys had such a great time! I wish I could've been there!

I just wanted to say Thanks for all you guys do for us.:thumbsup2

And thanks Safetymom for the pics.:goodvibes Love Bob w/kartkam and his trophies.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Of course I was at the wrong angle to get John in the picture.

podcastmeet_0006_edited-1.jpg
LOL! The ever elusive John!!! Love it!!! Keep the pictures and recaps coming - for those of us that didn't get to join in on the fun, we get to live vicariously through your stories :)

~Stacy

It was so great getting to meet all of you! Thanks so very much for all the hard work and effort (not to mention the $$$ for the room and food).

Sorry we had to leave so soon, as we had a flight to catch, but wanted to make sure we popped in to say, "Hi!"

We were one of the first to arrive, and I can't begin to explain how surreal it was to walk in the room and hear all these familiar voices. It took a few minutes to actually sink in that I wasn't listening to a podcast, but the DIS team was RIGHT HERE!

To reiterate what Pete said, it truly did feel like we were walking into a "family reunion", instead of a "press conference." I'll bet it felt pretty weird for the Podcast crew to have all these strangers come up to them like we're old friends. But, that's exactly how it felt to us; WE get to listen to you every week - not the other way around.

John and Kevin were so amiable, it was as if we were old friends. Corey & Julie - well, their pictures above don't do them justice - they are the absolute most attractive couple. Pete, for a shy introvert, seemed so comfortable chatting with everyone. Bob had CahtCam proudly out for display.

It was also great to meet many of our DIS friends in person, too. We had a few "Hey, I know YOU!" moments with other listeners.

It really was a wonderful time, and I hope we get to attend more meets in the future. Thanks again for everything!

- Ray & Cheryl

Corey and I had a blast meeting and conversing with everyone that came to this week's meet! I am looking forward to next week and getting to meet more of our listeners! :hippie:
It was great putting a face with some of the names on the discussion forum...I had plenty of "I know you" moments! :cutie:
I have to admit meeting the children was one of the highlights for me. They were all so friendly and not shy at all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter