What am I forgetting?

disneymagicgirl

Been there, Done that, Going back!
We fly out this evening. I feel like I am forgetting something important.
We all have passports and they are in the carry on backpack. I have the paper I needed to print to show at the port. Got my wallet.
Is that it for important stuff?

We all have passports and they are in the carry on backpack. I have the paper I needed to print to show at the port. Got my wallet.
Any necessary medications?

Another thought - it's a good idea to have a change of underwear in your carry on. Maybe even an extra shirt.

Last edited:

Have a good time!

The absolute requirements are passport, credit card for payment, and any prescriptions. Many other things are important, but not absolutes. If you forget something, or bring the wrong size underwear, oh well, your cruise will still be perfect. But...sure is fun making up the checklist and going over it.

A must have for me would be bathing suits. Yes, they have them in the gift shops. But they're not yours, that you tried on a million times.

The absolute requirements are passport, credit card for payment, and any prescriptions. Many other things are important, but not absolutes. If you forget something, or bring the wrong size underwear, oh well, your cruise will still be perfect. But...sure is fun making up the checklist and going over it.

OR cash or Disney gift card(s). Those can be used for payment as well. Not everyone has or wants to use a credit card.

Also, if you've got prescription meds, bring extra!! Many a person on cruises that got extended due to weather (or any other reason it could happen) got caught without necessary medication because they ONLY brought for how long they'd be gone. While the ship's infirmary *might* have some they could sell, there is no way they could have every scrip that every passenger could need.

"Also, if you've got prescription meds, bring extra!! Many a person on cruises that got extended due to weather (or any other reason it could happen) got caught without necessary medication because they ONLY brought for how long they'd be gone. While the ship's infirmary *might* have some they could sell, there is no way they could have every scrip that every passenger could need." Quote

That's a very good point. I hadn't thought of that possibility but in light of the recent storms that is something to consider!

"Also, if you've got prescription meds, bring extra!! Many a person on cruises that got extended due to weather (or any other reason it could happen) got caught without necessary medication because they ONLY brought for how long they'd be gone. While the ship's infirmary *might* have some they could sell, there is no way they could have every scrip that every passenger could need." Quote

That's a very good point. I hadn't thought of that possibility but in light of the recent storms that is something to consider!

Not just hurricanes. Fog. Mechanical issues.

Or even getting home - cancelled or delayed flight, car breaks down...

Lots of reasons.

Make sure a prescription meds are in there original container which proves that the prescription is for you, I always bring all meds in there original container, therefore have plenty in case of any emergency

Luggage tags?

I got to the airport in Miami en route to San Juan once and remembered I left the luggage tags in Minnesota...not that you really need them.

Camera and cords for charging important electronics? DH got himself in so much trouble one cruise when he forgot to bring the charging cord for our underwater camera and the battery was on low. Shutters did not have the cord or battery we needed. He has never forgotten the power cords since (although has ruined our good non-waterproof camera in a surprise downpour on a hike in Hawaii, but that's another story)! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter