What are the post Covid changes you have noticed on the ships?

Most have been mentioned here. Don't know if this is back or not (we cruised in Oct) but there wasn't a private character meet for Concierge.

It really depends on the server, I did four cruises in 2022 and one time the menus were out already before anyone asked, one time I was offered but declined and the other two times I wasn’t offered (but could have asked as others tables did have menus.)
We’ve sailed 6 times since the restart. Our cruise in January of this year was the first one where everyone in the dining room had menus back. On previous cruises, you could request one. We never did because we were fine just using our phones.

The Palo brunch buffet is another casualty DCL blamed on COVID that hasn't come back. Brunch just
isn't the same.

I found the variety of food choices for lunch in Cabanas was lacking after COVID
Really? On which ship? Immediately after the restart, this was definitely the case. We cruised in Nov 2021 and it was very limited. But then we cruised again June 2022, July 2022, and Jan 2023 and found the food options plentiful and feeling like normal on the ships we sailed (Dream, Fantasy, Wish).

Didn't see this mentioned, but pirate-night buffet seems to be hit or miss. It wasn't offered on the Fantasy a couple weeks back. Some have said it was because it was a Pixar themed cruise, but I don't recall themed cruises losing it prior to COVID. Am I wrong? I know for sure COVID killed it on all cruises, then it came back on some cruises, and then it vanished again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter