• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the snack changes to MYW dining plan?

oobidoo

Mouseketeer
I am currently away from home, but heard that there are some changes to the snack options for the dining plan, which would include a little more variety. Does anyone know what they are?

We found the changes way too many to list. We had to ask at many places and then they had to look up what was included. In many places it is anything under $4.00.

Some parks have stickers by menu items that are included and those are very helpful. We stayed at PC and loved the variey offered there. You could get things like a box of donuts or a large bag of chips. DD got an order of french fries one night. In MK we were able to get Dole Whips and Dole Whip Floats as well as the traditional Mickey Mouse ice cream on a stick that we called Sticky Mickeys.

In the candy/bakery next to Spoodles we got delicious dark chocoate covered mint truffles! Oh my goodness! Yummy and huge enough to share with four people easily.

On 5/14 we were in Coronado Springs gift shop and they had added nothing to the snack plan.

My best advice is to ask what is now included in the expanded snack credits.

Oh yeah...and enjoy! :banana:

Thanks Twende! We are not going until September, so maybe there will be more info by then. I think it is great that they have expanded the snack options since we ended up using up the rest of ours last fall on bottled water.

There continues to be some confusion about the additions to the snack items. SOme things that are on the snack list at one resort may not be at another resort. Since the changes took place on May 1 (we were there 5/5-5.13) they may be getting more standardized.

We tried to get the famous Dole WHip as a snack and were told by CM that it was not a snack item. Then we got home and it was appearing on the confirmed list as available--we may have just gotten the wrong CM. However, we found that ALL the pastries at Kringla bakery were available as snack items, even though not all of them had the symbol on the menu board.

Is there anything official from Disney about the snack changes? When I look at the Dining Plan info on the WDW website it still states the same as last fall

Choose from a frozen ice-cream novelty or fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single piece of whole fruit, single serving Grab Bag of Frito-Lay's Chips, 20oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or 24oz. Dasani Water, medium fountain soft drink or apple juice. Available at select counter-service and snack-cart locations. :grouphug:

I went on the WDW website where you can chat "live" with an agent and ask questions and the person told me that the snack option had NOT been modified and that the pdf file explaining the dining plan and dining locations was accurate. This makes no sense. :confused3 I want my dole float!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Please don't let us get all excited about all these great snack choices, and then yank the rug out from under us! :rolleyes: I guess it's like everything with the dining plan, just depends on who you ask. :confused3
I plan on being REAL nice to all the CMs! :love:

If I am not mistaken, before we left for vacation, I received an email from either Disney or Mousesavers regarding changes that had been made to the snack options. I never got a chance to really look at it, but there was definitely an email about it. I think sometimes the CS representatives get left out of the loop on things. Sometimes you can talk to 2 different people and get 2 totally different answers. :confused: :confused:

We just got back on Friday and the Dole Whip :thumbsup2 was on the snack plan. We even got McDonalds French Fries as a snack at MGM, but not at MK. :confused3 Kinda weird but I didn't complain at all. Also the funnel cake at MK was great as a snack. They had more things than I thought would be considered snacks. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter