What are the weirdest complaints you have heard in WDW?

I think you misunderstood my point. I agree that the expectation that it would be fulfilled for the entire meal is what makes it weird. But I think the request itself isn't the weird part. To request a seating preference away from children is not strange in my opinion. Just like requesting to be sat next to the window. If I made this request myself, I wouldn't expect the hosts/hostesses at the restaurant to ask my permission to seat a family next to me. Same if the window seat wasn't available. I wouldn't expect them to ask the people sitting at the window seat table to leave so I could sit there either. But the request in and of itself is not weird....at least not to me.

:thumbsup2 Exactly my point! The request is not weird, especially in the nicer resturants. Now to make the request at a character meal, I might think that was a little weird.

:thumbsup2 Exactly my point! The request is not weird, especially in the nicer resturants. Now to make the request at a character meal, I might think that was a little weird.

I agree with you. Had the OP said the restaurant was Chef Mickey's instead of Artist Point....I would have felt differently about it too. :rotfl2:

The only thing I still wonder is would the people who make that request be upset if a family of children were seated next to them after they were seated? My point is if they requested to be seated away from families and kids, wouldn't they be upset if the restaurant had to seat families and kids next to them?

The only thing I still wonder is would the people who make that request be upset if a family of children were seated next to them after they were seated? My point is if they requested to be seated away from families and kids, wouldn't they be upset if the restaurant had to seat families and kids next to them?

:snooty: Perhaps they would, but hopefully they would have enough good manners to not say anything.

It's more "funny" than "weird".. but a little kid (maybe 5) at the table next to us at Chef Mickey's had a fit when Mickey came to see him. He kept screaming I WANT SPONGEBOB!!!!!

While waiting for my DS to get her ice cream, I overheard tourists talking about how "ridiculous" fast passes were, because now they have to sit there and wait for their fast passes to activate. Um, the idea is to walk somewhere and do something ELSE until the fast pass time comes, idiots..:lmao:

This happened to me a couple times when I worked there. Some jerk guest forgets his wallet/purse/camera/whatever valuable and when you go out of the way to return it to them undamaged and whole they have some threat like "its a good thing I got this back", or "you better not have taken any money". Very few did it, but the ones that did I wished I had thrown there stuff away instead. Most people were shocked to see that they got their valuables back. One guy was blown away that I returned his belly pouch that had over $1000 in it. I had to go in to look for ID, but I of course took nothing. He was stunned by that and wanted to give me $50, which I am not allowed to accept which stunned him more. Those experiences made up for the few bad ones, but the bad ones still agravate me.

(people leave a lot of stuff under the chairs at Star Tours).

This happened to me a couple times when I worked there. Some jerk guest forgets his wallet/purse/camera/whatever valuable and when you go out of the way to return it to them undamaged and whole they have some threat like "its a good thing I got this back", or "you better not have taken any money". Very few did it, but the ones that did I wished I had thrown there stuff away instead.
I've also had a few guests do that to me. It's always surprising -- and disappointing -- how some folks seem so eager to blame their problems on the cast.

On a side note, only twice have I had guests find a large sum of cash with no ID and turn it in. In each case, the guest who turned it in was a teenager.

I was in Fantasmic, and a guy behind me was complaining to his family that he didn't come all the way from England to wait 30 minutes for a show. I felt like turning around and ask him how long the wait was for Fantasmic in England. Some people are really impatient.

i'm sorry but being british i find that remark very funny, it is the sort of remark many british would make and not to be taken too seriously:)

So. You're supposed to eat bacon with a fork? I've never seen anyone do that. Oh well.:confused3

This thread is hilarious. I know I've heard plenty of weird complaints but can't remember any at the time. I know I'll definitely be carryin a notebook on my next trip just for writing this stuff down!:)

Actually you are supposed to eat bacon with your fork. The only proper excuse to not do so is if it is so crisp it shatters when stabbed with the fork. That's the proper etiquete. However, most people use their fingers, the same as they do french fries. In today's society people do both. However, at a formal meal, you would be looked down on if you picked your food up with your fingers.

Actually you are supposed to eat bacon with your fork. The only proper excuse to not do so is if it is so crisp it shatters when stabbed with the fork. That's the proper etiquete. However, most people use their fingers, the same as they do french fries. In today's society people do both. However, at a formal meal, you would be looked down on if you picked your food up with your fingers.

:scared1: See you do learn something new every day. I never knew that. I only like super crispy bacon that "shatters" so I guess I'm ok with still eating my bacon with my fingers.

I cannot understand all of the complaining about walking.

I think a lot of first timers underestimate the sheer size of the place. I know we did and so have all the other first-timers we've taken with us. Everything looks very different on the maps until you actually see it for yourself. There is no way to really KNOW what to expect until you've experienced WDW.

I overheard a lady say she wanted some "plastic silverware":rotfl2:
Is this an american saying, as we in the Uk we would ask for plastic cutlery?or knives and forks.

Is this an american saying, as we in the Uk we would ask for plastic cutlery?or knives and forks.

Yes, "silverware" is just a way of saying "cutlery" for many people, without really thinking of the definition of the word! It usually goes unnoticed.

Actually, "Silverware" is the formal stuff. Because it used to be made out of sterling silver. The everyday is called "flatware". But most people just refer to all of it as silverware. Cutlery is the different knives used in cooking.

These are great!!

I'll have to listen for anything said that is funny when I leave for my trip on Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter