What are you cooking this week?

dani blaski

Mouseketeer
I am not sure exactly what I will cook this week. I get paid monthly and tomorrow is payday. :banana:
And that means I do my large grocery trip to restock the pantry & freezer. So it depends what's on sale...
Today I am making chicken soup/stew in the Crockpot. Getting ready to peel potatoes for it, and some extras for mashed potatoes for lunch.

How about you?

We had steak on the grill tonight marinated with Boma's Flank Steak Marinade. Oh yum! :teeth: We've been getting more than we'll eat at once, so tomorrow we'll have fajitas. Since it's supposed to be hot & sunny this week, we're planning on hamburgers on the grill Tuesday. I'm thinking of doing a pork roast in the crock and maybe grill our first chicken of the year too. I got some weird colored pasta shapes at the store & have been hungry for pasta salad - a batch of that usually gets us through the week with grilled meals.

It seems like forever since we have eaten a normal meal...we have been having baseball games left and right. We have been eating alot of the Market Day items that I have purchased last week (Market Day is a food service that schools sell as a fundraiser).

Tonight is quick: hot dogs, homefries, and a veggie of some sort.

Tomorrow: probably spaghetti, meatballs and sausage, salad and garlic bread.

Wed: Cajun Pork Roast: This is the best recipe! Rice and a veggie.

Not sure of the rest of the week but I have alot of chicken breast in the freezer in marinade so probably grilled chicken, rice and veggie for Thurs.

Hi. I feel the same way as "Formrcastmbr" DD16 is basically the most important team member(Pitcher) There is always a game and out of town. Now to cook something for DH and I, she doesn't want. So half the time I say "get your own."
With the prices of food these days, its hard to decide what to cook. I need to make a weekly plan I guess.:confused3

Well its Tuesday night and I have not made it to Costco yet for my big shopping trip. Have only had time after work to run into the store and pick up a few things. Today I picked up frozen pizza on sale-4 for $11. I picked up milk yesterday, juice today. Hopefully tomorrow we will get to go. So tonight was pizza. Last night was leftover stew & mashed potatoes. Tomorrow will probably be spaghetti & store bought chicken. I may break down & do Peapod so I can get my freezer restocked.

This seems to always happen when Jake accompanies me on shopping trips...
I forgot essential things that I needed that made sense to get at Costco--potatoes, lemons (for ice tea), body wash. Also wanted to get ice cream (not essential but still tasty!) and forgot that. Even though Jake had spaghetti and chicken fingers before we left home--so he should not have been hungry--he tried getting into the food I put into the cart. To the amusement of those around us...
So what I did accomplish was in part do to the sampling geniuses at Costco. Thank Goodness for food samples!

I also hit the farmers market yesterday morning and picked up vine tomatoes, bread, strawberries, eggs, and two small elk roasts. So the elk roasts are in the Crockpot with some cut up tomatoes thrown in to boot.
But we picked up ground beef and pork chops--huge packs that I divvied up, among the pantry and sandwich essentials. Also picked up a bag of small French rolls and a nice container of fresh rotisserie chicken & noodle soup. So I will be cooking spaghetti & meatballs, meatloaf, baked pork chops this week. We will have elk roast tonight with smashed potatoes. Probably soup and roast sandwiches tomorrow night. All good stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter