• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your one and done attractions?

Silly Symphony Swings for me. I love the theming and the music but too much going in a circle for me. Which is why I've never even attempted the golden zephyr ride or astro orbiter. I had hoped the Swings would be ok like Dumbo. Not so much!

Everything else I'd ride again if it appealed to me at the moment.

I do have a once a trip ride though - The attraction formerly known as California Screamin'- I can only ride that once or unpleasant things happen to my stomach. Last trip I skipped it altogether. I'm sure I'll subject myself to it next time to see the new version of it. Those last hills just kill me. :sad2: If I could just get out right before that part it would be perfect!

YES !! those are a killer....did me in too, turned an interesting shade of green (according to friends!)

Wednesday with DD 12 re: Space Mountain -
DD12 - after exiting, “Dodnt it feel like you were riding in Star Wars?”
Me - “It felt like I was riding in a blender.”

My neck has hurt since.

DD had a sore neck for several days after Matterhorn. Before we rode it I tried to explain that the sled behind you will slam into you before the ride starts so you should not lean back against your seat (lean forward a bit and expect the impact) but she wasn't really listening.

Goofy's Sky School, we rode it in 2009 and ever since then my neck has been messed up.
Mickey's Wheel of Death swinging side

Could do w/o Nemo but DD loves that freaking sub ;)

Gooy's sky school - that thing is AWFUL!!! For those that hate Matterhorn there is a trick to riding it I learned on these boards a few years ago. You have to brace your legs and hold on to the handle in front of you. This way your arms and legs help stabilize you. If you try and sit back you'll get whiplash! My niece and I rode it 4 times in a row during a Halloween party a few years ago.

Like others, there really aren't any rides that I would say "never again" because I didn't like the ride (except maybe the canoes...not a fan of those). Alas, there are some rides that are now in the "not again" because they trigger motion sickness (yuck!). Those include the Teacups, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Star Tours (I could do that one before they made it 3D), and Roger Rabbit (it's a cute ride!).

Gooy's sky school - that thing is AWFUL!!! For those that hate Matterhorn there is a trick to riding it I learned on these boards a few years ago. You have to brace your legs and hold on to the handle in front of you. This way your arms and legs help stabilize you. If you try and sit back you'll get whiplash! My niece and I rode it 4 times in a row during a Halloween party a few years ago.

Yes, I forgot to add that in my post above. Hold onto the handle as you lean forward. The sled behind you will really slam into you!

Mickey's Wheel of Death.

Matterhorn we do every few years.

I would love to add Goofy's Sky School to this list, but my daughter loves it and will ride it over and over again.

I know that this doesn’t fit the topic of the thread but my wife and I love Goofy’s Sky School and got off it a few minutes ago.

:goofy:

Goofy's Sky School, we rode it in 2009 and ever since then my neck has been messed up.
Mickey's Wheel of Death swinging side

Could do w/o Nemo but DD loves that freaking sub ;)

Oh Goofy's Sky School, That ride scares me!! But I will do it if I have someone who has never been on... I hope to never do it again... last time I thought I was going to fly off the side lol

Nemo. Maybe on a cold day, if my kids really wanted to, but I get claustrophobic...
Matterhorn. SO. JERKY. But somehow I keep getting dragged on it.
The swinging gondolas on Mickey's Fun Wheel of Death. Or the Pal-a-Round or whatever now. One of the few rides I've ever gotten motion sickness on.
The Tiki Room. Only if I had a 5-day hopper or something. On my usual short, infrequent trips, it takes up too much time.
Dole Whips. Not my thing. (I know that's not an attraction, but I feel like it is for some people, haha! :) )

You know... There's really not a single ride I would avoid actively. I base my ride choice on a given visit based on lines, weather, and who I'm with. But I will ride absolutely everything multiple times. Overlay versions included.

This is exactly how I feel. There's nothing I don't like and nothing I won't ride again. Some things are less favorite than others, but I find something entertaining about everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter