What days are EE? and What's open?

abby

Abby's Mom
Since we are staying for five nights at the DLH, I understand we can do the early entry thing. So what days are early entry and what's open?

also I have heard you can enter CA early through the GC, again what days and what's open?

I forget which days EE is open. I know that Tuesday is one though.
it opens 1 hour before the park opens.
Fantasyland is open (I heard that Storybook and casey Jr open at the main time though) including Matterhorn. Also Space, Mt, Buzz, Autotopia (sometimes), Astro Orbitors (I think), not sure about Star Tours.
Most stores are open (I think), but most food doesn't open till 11.. so check on which serve breakfast stuff ;).

DCA they let you in at 1/2 hour before opening everyday. Not sure about the DCA enterance. I know it is opposite GRR and you would need to take a left out of it to go to Soarin which is the only ride open that early. Not sure about the stores. There is a rope at GRR that doesn't drop till 10am. Not sure where the rope is on the other side(s).

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday are the early entry days. Because you are staying at one of the 3 Disney resorts, you will be eligible for all the early entries during your stay. I specifically remember Buzz & Space Mtn, and here's a list I found of the Fantasyland rides that were open:
Alice in Wonderland
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
King Arthur Carrousel
Mad Tea Party
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Snow White's Scary Adventures

The park was opening at 8:00am during our trip, so ee was at 7:00am. We found it very hard to get food. There were just a few places open and they were very crowded. Breakfast food is all that was being served (we were on a 2 hour time difference and ready for lunch at 10), but I recommend getting something from the counter service in Tomorrowland. The breakfast was okay and large enough that we shared some food to tide us over till lunch.

What I did for breakfast was pick up food at our hotels breakfast .. I tried to eat well before we would leave,.. Thank goodness they set out complimentary breakfast at 4 and have full breakfasts at 6, it is all set out cafeteria style or you can have them make you specialty omlettes etc. Then I would take food with me plus energy bars. I would have been fine all day with what I had in my backpack, but usually met up with the rest of our party for lunch.

Others have answered your EE questions. But didn't see anything about the CA entrance. If you go through the GC lobby, past the pool, there's a walkway out to the park that let's you in near Grizzly River Rapids. You will have to show proof of staying at a Disney hotel, but doesn't have to be the GC.

Others were talking about breakfast, please don't waste your precious early entry hours looking for food. Grab something before you enter so you can take full advantage of your early time on the rides. Even after the park opens, you're still going to get great ride time for about 1 1/2 more hours. Then take a break just as the rest of the crowd starts waking up.

But if you're going to CA, through the GC entrance, stop by White Water Snacks to the right of the CA entrance hall. They have quick cold breakfast items, plus hot food. Big portions at a decent price. A great option for lunch too.

Does California Adventure open 1/2 early every day, or just on EE days??

After reading some of these posts, I understand that guests of one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels are able to attend multiple early entries during their stay. Is this correct? I have the AAA package with a 3-day parkhopper that includes only one early entry during the length of our stay. However, we are also staying at the Disneyland Resort for the 3 nights of the MLK weekend so does that mean we would be eligible for both the early entry on Saturday AND on Monday (we are checking out of the hotel on Monday)? If so, what information needs to be shown/presented from the resort hotel to gain early entry into the park for each day?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Scott

Yes, you are correct, you will be eligible for both ee days. On the 2nd day you will need to show the slip of paper that you are given to charge with. It has an expiration date and must be used rather than the resort key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter