• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you Do for Entertainment in long lines/bus rides

Ecboyd

Got the Ears, Now I need the nose!
Ever time we go to DLR or the World we find our selves acting outside our norm. We are pretty chatty and happy people by our nature, but Disney brings out even more Happy and Nice and Chatty.

I mean HOW can you be in a bad mood at Disney.

On our last trip to the world we discovered the Finding Nemo ride. ...well you have all see the Seagulls out side. Once in the cue, we started house playing around, honeymooners that we were, and well..... I said. "Mine" and he said "Mine" and we both said "mine". this went on for maybe 6 or 8 "Mines" ... then from down the line (maybe 6 or 8 people back), where a bunch of High-school students were came "Mine" "Mine" "Mine". Then up the line closer to the loading area, a couple in there 50's "Mine" "Mine" with in a few minutes, random people all over the line... :grouphug: "Mine" "Mine" "Mine""Mine" "Mine" "Mine""Mine" "Mine" "Mine""Mine" "Mine" "Mine"..

Most people were laughing too hard to contribute. Others simply stood there looking confused...

As we rode away in our sea shell.... we hear the gull crys... "Mine" "Mine" "Mine" "Mine" "Mine" "Mine" "Mine" "Mine" "Mine" :jumping1:

Well my family is pretty wack so we usually just chat, but sometimes we play this game we made up a few years ago when we are counting down the days til the trip where we think of a ride/attraction/anything random in the park that you can think of and the others have to ask you questions and guess what it is. We got really good at it so now we do weird things like specific designated smoking areas and bathrooms in the parks.

I travel alone a lot, so I end up striking up a conversation with someone near me.

Neatest experience was a guy with his wife and two grandchildren. He told me that it was his 100th trip to the world that day.

He definately had a New York accent and I commented I had gone to college on LI. Turns out, they lived in Queens and he was a retired police detective from the NYPD. They moved to FL and he was part of the security detail for Disney. He counted his trips based on work days; because he said he basically dressed like a tourist and rode the rides all day, doing security. That day happened to be a pleasure trip......of course.

Thast very cool. I just love the relationship you make in lines.
We dont do the Fast pass thing very oftern because we enjoy the People in teh lines way tooooo much.

The Good the Bad the UGLY and the Now from this Planet!

When we went to Disneyland, I actually brought a book in my backpack. The title of it? "Canniabals and Evil Cult Killers." It was a really really interesting book about...well...cannibals and...evil cult killers! Just...kind of unusual to be reading that sort of thing in the happiest place on earth. Oh well. I'm sure people thought I was crazy but thats okay! It kept away the boredom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter