What do you needless have a lot of in your home?

Refillable/reusable water bottles. For cycling, for hiking, for travel, free from a vendor at a conference, whatever. Some are more than 25 years old.... Someone in my house hoards them and won't let me throw away the old ones.....

Knick knacks. Or as I call them, Dust Catchers. Items that have no function other than existing.

Pez.

I have never bought Pez for myself, but once someone finds out you have a "collection", it never stops.

So yeah, DH is probably getting me a 4th Pez display case for Christmas.

CDs and DVDs.

And VHS tapes. Why do I still have VHS tapes? I don't even have a VCR. (Someone on these boards suggested giving those to a university film department. It was a good idea; I just haven't done it yet.)

Clothes. Dead plants. Paintings that aren't hung up. Chargers for electronics unknown and probably long gone.

Crackers. Granola bars. Frozen food. Cereal. Leftovers.

Old cell phones and all the chargers. IDK what to do with them.

In a few months, any 3G phone will be totally useless, even the 911 services will no longer work on them. 3G technology is being phased out to make room for 5G. You might as well pitch them in an electronic recycling bin.

Those of you who have elderly relatives or know someone who has an old flip phone style cellphone "just for emergencies," need to alert them that their phones won't work next year.

Here is the timeline:

Starting as early as Jan. 1 2022, 3G service will no longer work, as cell carriers shut down the old network to make room for 5G service which promises higher speed and greater reliability. As a result, many older cell phones will be unable to make or receive calls and texts, including calls to 911, or use data services.

When is it happening?

AT&T announced that it will finish shutting down its 3G network by February 2022. Verizon announced that it will finish shutting down its 3G network by Dec. 31, 2022. T-Mobile announced that it will finish shutting down Sprint's 3G CDMA network by March 31, 2022 and Sprint's 4G LTE network by June 30, 2022. It also announced it will shut down T-Mobile's 3G UMTS network by July 1, 2022, but has not yet announced a shutdown date for its 2G network.

https://www.ketv.com/article/end-of...e-many-disconnected-heres-what-to-do/38280761

My DH’s things…..oops, did I just say that out loud :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter