What do you recommend...

princesses2

Mouseketeer
Our first trip to DL will be during Spring break in March. We'll drive up from Sand Diego on Wed. morning and leave Sat. morning. I know it'll be crowded so I'm working on my itinerary to make the most of my 3 days at DL. Since I've got to stay within my budget, which character dining is worth doing? We'll be staying at DL Hotel so we'll Goofy's kitchen but I'm not sure if I should do breakfast or dinner. Also, my 5 yr. old's fav princess is Snow White. Which character dining is best for viewing all the princesses? And should I be making reservations now or wait til we get to DL?

Lastly, after arriving at DL late Wed. morning, what's the best way to spend the rest of the day? Should I go to DCA and save DL for the next day?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to preplan as much as possible to make this an enjoyable trip for everyone (esp. my inlaws). Thank you for reading all this.

We haven't done dinner at Goofy's Kitchen, but I can tell you that breakfast is the cheapest meal, cheap being a relative term. We spent close to $100 including tip, for a family of 4 (older kids, little ones are less), for a Sunday brunch. We saw Pluto, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Minnie and Jasmine and Aladdin. I know there are other charater dining experiences, but we have only done Goofy's Kitchen, Ariel's Grotto, and Storytellers over at the Grand Californian. Didn't see Snow White at either. I think there is a princess breakfast, maybe someone else can help with that. If you are flexible with your times you could wait till you get there. We live locally and have always been able to get something same day.

What you do with your first day kind of depends on what kind of tickets you have and what else you plan to do. It really doesn't matter where you start if you have park hoppers. With a 5yo you may want to get DCA out of the way, so to speak, as there is not as much there for that age group except for the children's area, Flick's Fun Fair. Have fun planning!

There's playouhse disney at DCA, too, which would appeal to your age group. I think there is a princess breakfast at the Plaza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter