What Do You Think? Perfect Resort:Perfect Vacation

starbox

"There is more treasure in books than in all the p
I thought it might be interesting to see what fans of each resort do for their typical touring plans/style - sort of a "How to Make The Most of Your _______" vacation primer. I really learn alot from threads about the strengths/weaknesses of each resort - but I'd like to know about the different touring styles that make people love each resort. In the past, I've felt a little restless at some of my non-home resorts - and I think it's just that I did not know how to really experience/enjoy them.

Here's my general advice/touring plan for SSR:

We always start our trip with a nice CS breakfast or lunch right after check-in.

Get up early in the morning and get to the park of your choice for rope-drop, you'll be able to ride all the big rides before lunch. Eat a CS lunch, and wander around the park until 2-3, seeing shows or riding smaller rides. Return to the resort around 4 and shower/relax/change for a nice, TS dinner. (In my experience, the dining at resorts is much better than park dining) Walk or boat to DTD and catch a bus to your dinner location. (We usually do one dinner at an monorail resort, and then go back into the park for wishes that night, and we usually do one dinner at MGM and then stay and see Fantasmic). On dinner nights, you'll be home around 8-9pm - no mad crowds leaving the parks. :cloud9: I'm not usually ready to sleep that early, so we'll relax and walk around DTD at night or go for a night swim until bed. :goodvibes

We reserve 90% of our shopping for DTD - that way we don't have to carry stuff or wait to have it delivered (my kids never want to wait!). The only exception is ride or park-specific items. :thumbsup2

To enjoy SSR. it helps to enjoy DTD. Here are some things we like to do in the evening:

Build-your-own-lightsaber.
Walking along the water at night (the ferry boat at night) - the kids like the temporary tattoos and hair wraps.
The best pin-trading spot anywhere at WDW.
Posing for puctures in all the picture spots (like Pooh's log)
Looking at the LEGO sculptures and windows.
The AP discount at WOD.
Breakfast at Earl of Sandwich.

There are lots of AP and DVC discounts at shops and carts in DTD.

So - how do you get the most out of your home resort??

(In my experience, the dining at resorts is much better than park dining)
I.T.A.! If you are planning to do resort hopping/dining - SSR can't be beat. We had meals at the Concourse Steakhouse and Kona Cafe on our last trip- they blew any meal I have had in any park restaurant out of the water. And so convenient!

Also - I will add making the most of SSR- make sure to read the "Horsin' Around" newsletter. There are tons of planned activities you should know about- such as movie night at the pool, trivia and bingo, dj night at the pool, crafts and organized activities at the Community Hall... They give it to you with your welcome home folder at check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter